Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Netflix, Hulu, etc. Gems

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Does anyone else find Netflix is pretty sparse on content? There are a lot of movies that I want to watch that aren't available for streaming. I don't really want to sign up for the DVD service, but quite a few movies are pushing me that way. Wouldn't have to for awhile, there are plenty of seasons of series that keep me busy, but not real impressed with movie selection.
    It wasnt always like that but when they lost their contract with Starz they lost a lot of the content. But every week (usually Saturday, Sunday, Monday) there is generally new stuff added but not a whole lot. I always check whats popular on Netflix, newly added, and new releases on those days. I did go on the website and browse through more stuff that doesnt show up the main screen but i was kind of bummed when they lost Starz as that gave them a whole other avenue of selections to choose from.

2. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

GEM

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Does anyone else find Netflix is pretty sparse on content? There are a lot of movies that I want to watch that aren't available for streaming. I don't really want to sign up for the DVD service, but quite a few movies are pushing me that way. Wouldn't have to for awhile, there are plenty of seasons of series that keep me busy, but not real impressed with movie selection.
    I actually thought about canceling my Netflix a couple of months ago because I've pretty much have already watched all the shows that they've got that I was interested in before hand. So many of the shows that I did want to watch, they don't have. The 1st one that comes to mine was "Black Sheep Squadron," a favorite of mine when I was a kid in the 70s.

As far as films & TV series staring famous actors, I'll give you a list 5 who careers includes the '70s. Take a minute to think about what films & TV series that you most associate with them being in, then see what Netflix has to offer. Tell me what movies & TV series that are on your list that aren't available on Netflix.

Clint Eastwood
    John Wayne
    Burt Reynolds
    Chuck Norris
    Tom Selleck

Clint Eastwood: 7
    Popular: The Good, the Bad and the Ugly, For a Few Dollars More & Joe Kidd
    Never heard of before doing search: The Eiger Sanction &
    As Director: Breezy
    Documentaries: Reel Injun & Milius

John Wayne films: 3
    The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance, El Darado & Mclintock!

Burt Reynolds: 8
    Popular: The Longest Yard
    Didn't know he was in an episode of: The Twilight Zone (Original TV Series)
    Others: Strike Force & Deal
    Note actually listed in the credits, so I don't know why these films came up in a search of his name: Without a Paddle, In the Name of the King, Citizen Ruth & Meet Wally Sparks

Chuck Norris: 7
    Popular: A Force of One, Good Guys Wear Black, The Octagon, Delta Force & Way of the Dragon
    Documentary: Films of Fury
    I didn't think he was in, so why is the film listed: The Expendables 2

Tom Selleck: 12 (5 of which are actually part of a series of TV movies)
    Popular: Magnum P.I., Jesse Stone (5 of the 8 TV movies made in this series, all of which counting as separate films) & Three Men and a Baby
    Never Heard of before: Shadow Riders & Daughters of Satan
    Didn't know he was in an episode of: Quantum Leap & Murder She Wrote
    Documentary: American Serengeti
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

They put The Master on recently which is one of the better movies released the last 5 or more years.

I like that Netflix has all the seasons of the current Doctor Who series.
    This space available for lease.

I wanted to watch that old show ER. I started watching 5 years in and wanted to watch the first 5 seasons, no luck.

7. The Following User High Fived GEM For This Post:

OB

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

I wanted to watch that old show ER. I started watching 5 years in and wanted to watch the first 5 seasons, no luck.
    The first 5 seasons rock

Quote Originally Posted by daveaitken18 View Post
    The first 5 seasons rock
    Going to have to buy seasons of it. I did rewatch the final episode of prison break, going to start at episode 1. That was such a good show the first season.

They only have contracts with a small number of movie studios. so while they have a decent number of movies, there isn't a great many new releases. They get a smattering, like the Marvel movies and others that are with their contracted studios, but not a lot of recent movies. Most of their movies are older. Because they've had a harder time signing contracts with studios for movies, in recent years, they seem to have focused more on TV shows, which they have added quite a bit.

We use a Roku, and the easiest way to at least find the new movies is to use the Instant Watch Browser channel, and it shows all the movies added in the last week, two weeks ago, three weeks ago. They often have movies added, but that don't show up in the new release section on Netflix. If you don't have Roku, then there are sites like Instantwatcher that do something similar.

11. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

GEM

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by aberdien View Post
    They put The Master on recently which is one of the better movies released the last 5 or more years.
    I was really excited to see it when it was in theaters... Then I rented it on on-demand one night and couldn't get past the first 30 minutes. I think I was just in the wrong mood for it that night.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

loved the master

hoffman was amazeballs
    adams was hot
    and phoenix was really good as well

great film

14. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

I hate when I think of an old good show to watch and assume ti will be on Netflix, Hulu or Amazon and none of them have it - I can BUY it from Amazon for $25-30 per season NOT

My daughter has a friend that can burn any DVD onto another DVD - like he can rent the whole season for $2-3 (if you can find somewhere that still rents) and burn it for me to keep. It's pretty awesome (illegal im sure but still awesome)
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    More Americans have been killed by New England Patriots players than by Ebola.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information