Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Kroger manager fired after he slams a knife-wielding shoplifter to the ground

Adopted Bronco:

Wow. The draft cant get here fast enough

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I think it's infinitely more reckless to stand by and do nothing while a knife-wielding man is free to inflict harm on innocent people.
    Like I said, robbers typically don't attack unless they are provoked. The mindset of your typical robber is to get what he is stealing and get away as fast as he can. It is almost never a good idea to try to take down an armed robber if you aren't armed yourself. Google stories of people getting killed during robberies. They almost all involve someone trying to be a good Samaritan and stop the robber. Companies aren't stupid. They have policies like this for a very good reason. They have studied the safest way to deal with robberies.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Like I said, robbers typically don't attack unless they are provoked. The mindset of your typical robber is to get what he is stealing and get away as fast as he can. It is almost never a good idea to try to take down an armed robber if you aren't armed yourself. Google stories of people getting killed during robberies. They almost all involve someone trying to be a good Samaritan and stop the robber. Companies aren't stupid. They have policies like this for a very good reason. They have studied the safest way to deal with robberies.
    I would never fault someone for trying to stop an armed robbery in progress. Especially not in 2014 with all of the mass killings that have become pervasive in our society.

Even if we were to defend the company policy, that still doesn't make this guy "stupid" for acting selflessly in a highly stressful moment.

5. The Following 4 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I would never fault someone for trying to stop an armed robbery in progress. Especially not in 2014 with all of the mass killings that have become pervasive in our society.

Even if we were to defend the company policy, that still doesn't make this guy "stupid" for acting selflessly in a highly stressful moment.
    Who are you?

7. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post

I'll give you that calling him stupid might be a bit harsh, especially since he probably just acted on instinct, but the main point here is if he should have been fired for his actions. I still say yes to that. Your can't just ignore the company policy because it ended well. It was still a risky move that could have cost people their lives and the company money. Like I said, look up stories of people getting killed in robberies. The overwhelming majority happen when someone tries to stop the robber.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information