Thread: PC Mover

Default PC Mover

So I had to finally give up my beloved XP computer and get a new one. I went with a Dell Inspiron with Windows 7 as I have worked with Windows 8 and am not a big fan so far. I absolutely LOVE, LOVE, LOVED XP and it was a forced separation.

But when I bought the Dell, I bought a program PC Mover with it. The program promises to move everything you have on one computer to the new one. Just a clue, my computer has 10 years worth of my employment and another 5 of other employees who have quit/been fired as well. Some serious memory used up on this end. The move went remarkably well. It saved all of my bookmarks on Chrome even.

The only program I had issue with was Microsoft Office and that was because I have Office 7. Those commie bastages at Microsoft forced me into a new platform and they were determined they were going to force me into Office 365. I used a site Belarc Advisor which did a profile on my old computer and gave me every key for every program I used. My problem came up when I tried to get a download from the net of Office 7. The disk was down in the Downtown office and I really didn't want to have to make a trip down there just to get it. I looked all over and none of the downloads out there worked, had almost given up but found one.

Got it downloaded and put in the key, to which Microsoft popped up with an error message. Called Microsoft and they guy said they no longer support Office 7....**** you and your new platform (Computer cost me $450) and your new software ($219) to which he says I can offer you a free trial of 365. Shove that trial up your ass sideways with a choke chain reversed out. Hung up on him and called back.

Told the new phone guy up front that if he didn't give me the authorization code to do Office 7 that I was yanking 5 office computers and 15 garage computers (we don't even have that many computers ) and moving every single one of them to Apple, he kindly authorized the move and voila...my comp is awesome sauce!!

The point of the post is to let ya all know about the PC Mover as it made the move so freaking easy and I kept a lot of stuff that I would have lost had I had to do the move via flash drive like I have had to do in the past when upgrading a computer.

$25 and saved a whole lot of headaches.

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Derek Wolfe

Windos 7 is better than XP in my opinion. It is pretty darn stable and still supported by Microsoft.

It's pretty similar, I just don't like the libraries feature, but it is much better at indexing than XP.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

I've used all three and definitely prefer Win 7 to 8 or XP. There are a number of "ghosting" programs that take all the files from one PC to another. The problem comes with the upgrade in OS and program compatibility. Good to know your key files made the move without problem.

I suspect Microsoft is going to phase out Win 7 rather quickly because they are so eager to push us into Win 8 (maybe easier for NSA spying or something) so I'd suggest buying an extra copy of Win 7 as a backup. If it's part of your business, you can probably write off the expense.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

I noticed no love for Vista? LOL
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    I noticed no love for Vista? LOL
    I had Vista on my laptop, really liked it, but didn't miss it when my laptop took a dump. I seriously MISS xp.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information