Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Second favourite nfl team

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    Yeah, my wording definitely deserves an "eff you." It was kind of provocative on purpose.

On one hand, being more of a psycho as it relates to my team is not really anything to brag about. But on the other hand, the guy who has a second team lives in a different reality than me and I will always take exception when they put their fanhood on par with mine.
    **** off.

I root for the Cardinals.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:

I was raised in Eagles country, but for a unique reason I became a Bronco fan around age 6. I don't own any shirts, jerseys, hats or anything else that reflects Eagles football...but I still root for them every game they play against a team not from Denver. When that happens, they are equal to the Raiders for that one day.

If my passion for the Broncos...or the boatload of money I've spent on Broncos merchandise...or making fans out of 4 of my 5 kids is nullified by not being from Colorado or because I like another team...

...blow me.

3. The Following 3 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    I was raised in Eagles country, but for a unique reason I became a Bronco fan around age 6. I don't own any shirts, jerseys, hats or anything else that reflects Eagles football...but I still root for them every game they play against a team not from Denver. When that happens, they are equal to the Raiders for that one day.

If my passion for the Broncos...or the boatload of money I've spent on Broncos merchandise...or making fans out of 4 of my 5 kids is nullified by not being from Colorado or because I like another team...

...blow me.
    I know the feeling man. I've lived in Idaho for most of my life, but I've seen almost every game they've played since 1980. It's ignorant and condescending for people to assume I'm not a real fan because I don't live in Denver.

5. The Following User High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    I don't need to adopt, my son is a future Bronco ;)

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post

...blow me.
    Will Farrell as Alex Trebek: "And you wrote "BELOW"... so despite your best efforts, you wrote something. Let's see what you've wagered... "ME". "BELOW ME."

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

i don't have a "second favorite" team, but i've always kinda liked the vikings and eagles as NFC teams. . . i rooted for the saints as a lovable underdog before their current run of success, and would like to see the browns put together a decent team for the same reason-- plus i have a lot of family and friends in ohio who are browns fans. . .

but yea, i really view it more through the lense of which teams do i dislike more or less. . .

8. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

go rams

Guess, bitches.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Denver Broncos.
    We know.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I just think that a fan(atic), by definition, can only root for one team in a given league. It's a zero sum game.

I have some teams which I dislike less than others... And individual players or coaches who I like more than others... But every game I view through the lens of "how will this affect the Broncos?"
    This is basically how I feel as well. My second favorite team is whomever helps the Broncos in the standings.

Assuming all is equal in terms of standings, my list of favorite teams on down include:

1. Broncos
    2. Whoever is playing the Raiders, Chiefs, or Chargers
    3. Whoever is playing the Pats
    4. Any NFC team playing an AFC team
    5. Whoever is playing the Saints, Giants, or Bears

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    We know.
    Incorrect. You guys have slid down the pole like the whores you are.

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Incorrect. You guys have slid down the pole like the whores you are.
    Whores? King!
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

Quote Originally Posted by Canmore View Post
    Whores? King!
    I'm just J.K. Lawling, you know I like you guys.

17. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Not a "fan" of any other team. Growing up I had a soft spot for the seachickens since my dad liked them as well as the Broncos (I hope your ******* happy old man!!!! Lol). Have s soft spot for the vikings as well.....but its like 1/100,000th of how I feel for the Broncos

Adopted Bronco:
    Sly Williams

I love a underdog so I always pull for perennial losers. That, and Barry sanders is one of my all time favorites. I guess I'd love to see the lions do well. Then again They're not bad now so maybe not.
    Go Broncos!

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Rams actually play broncos this year. Last time they played Orton was the qb.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information