Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 15 of 75

Thread: How's your weather?

  1. #1
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Eagle River, Alaska
    Posts
    23,524

    Default How's your weather?

    This is a remake from the "report your snow totals" at BM. It seemed to be a hit there! Anyway, give us a report!


    -Here at Minot AFB, it's been below zero to the single digits for the last couple days and wind chills as cold as -40. The only thing that pisses me off about here is before we came the snowmobiling was supposed to be so great, but it hardly snows. Here's to wishing we get stationed at Elemendorf next year in Alaska!

    -Anyway, you people living in the Kansas, SD, NEB, Minn area are getting hit hard by ice and snow. I hope you all be careful and stay safe.

    -ing for more and more snow!

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Rapid City, SD
    Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam
    Posts
    29,558

    Default

    Our weather here in Qatar is great. During the day its between 75-80 and at night its between 55-60. The nights are cool and most people are walking around in their handy, dandy Air Force PT pants and jackets (insullated windbreakers). The wet season is about to start, so here's hoping to some rain.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

  3. #3
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Gulf Coast
    Adopted Bronco:
    Matt Prater | Place Kicker
    Posts
    1,370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    Our weather here in Qatar is great. During the day its between 75-80 and at night its between 55-60. The nights are cool and most people are walking around in their handy, dandy Air Force PT pants and jackets (insullated windbreakers). The wet season is about to start, so here's hoping to some rain.

    Sounds like the weather we are having here on the Gulf of Mexico! I live in MS, in the Katrina aftermath, but I tell you the weather is the reason!!!

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Rapid City, SD
    Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam
    Posts
    29,558

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by schnooks1 View Post
    Sounds like the weather we are having here on the Gulf of Mexico! I live in MS, in the Katrina aftermath, but I tell you the weather is the reason!!!
    A friend of mine is stationed at Keesler AFB and has a house in Gulf Port. Never been there, but he loves it.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Gulf Coast
    Adopted Bronco:
    Matt Prater | Place Kicker
    Posts
    1,370

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    A friend of mine is stationed at Keesler AFB and has a house in Gulf Port. Never been there, but he loves it.
    Gulfport is about 20 minutes from me. I live in Diamondhead, Ms. Being orig. from the midwest, (GO BIG RED) it was a culture shock to move here about 6 years ago, having to learn to deal with humidity everyday (but I like it) and real warm weather (but we have the ocean), hurricane warnings instead of the big snow storm/ice warnings. That when you need to get a shopping cart you really need a "buggy" and you never ask for a pop because it is all called coke here, just gotta tell them "what kinda coke ya'll want." Then I had to realize that everybody here calls you "sugar, honey, baby, sweetie" and it doesn't matter if you are a man, woman or child. The hardest thing to get used to is that they eat fish bait. They pull over on the side of the road, dig them up outta the MUD and eat them (sometimes raw, sometimes boiled) and I just can't do that!! (crawfish! UGLY little things I tell ya!)

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Rapid City, SD
    Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam
    Posts
    29,558

    Default

    It was the same for me moving to Texas...the South is a different world. The first time someone at a restaraunt asked me what kind of Coke I wanted, I got in to an arguement with the guy. I kept telling him I didn't want Coke and he kept saying "well then what kind of Coke DO you want?". Embarassing.

    Speaking of weather...Texas weather sucks, especially in the winter. It could be 65 and sunny one day, then 30 and snowing the next.

    Last weekend they got 4-6" of snow in Abilene, TX where I live. A couple of days before that it was like 70-75 degrees. I got some great pictures of my boy playing in the snow though.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

  7. #7
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Eagle River, Alaska
    Posts
    23,524

    Default

    schnooks, I grew up near Lake Charles, La and I know the type of weather you speak of. I'll take this sub-zero weather anyday over the 100 degree and 100 % humidity days! But I do miss the Cajun food and boiled crabs and crawfish with a good beer

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Rapid City, SD
    Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam
    Posts
    29,558

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad B View Post
    schnooks, I grew up near Lake Charles, La and I know the type of weather you speak of. I'll take this sub-zero weather anyday over the 100 degree and 100 % humidity days! But I do miss the Cajun food and boiled crabs and crawfish with a good beer
    Screw that. The KC-135 guy that I hang out with here is from Grand Forks. Some of the stuff he tells me about how cold it gets there makes me want to spend the rest of my winters in the Middle East. WAY too cold. Anytime you know it's too cold to snow, it's too cold.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    18,169

    Default

    Wind chill and temperature here in Fargo stinks. It's so frigid.

  10. #10
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Montana
    Posts
    9

    Default

    It's currently 9 degrees here (at 1:50 p.m.). The warmest it's supposed to get in the next 5 days is 38 degrees on Monday (a heat wave).

    We got about 10-14 inches of snow 2 1/2 weeks ago...that was fun. It's been snowing off & on since but nothing as drastic.

  11. #11

    Default

    Its currently 37 degrees in Kansas City.Its cold but not near as cold
    as it will be as soon as winter sets in...I am just glad I don't have to
    drive 70 anymore to KC.

    Tomorrow its suppose to be a wintery mix with freezing rain in the
    morning but the high is expected to reach 51.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    3,564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by Nomad B View Post
    This is a remake from the "report your snow totals" at BM. It seemed to be a hit there! Anyway, give us a report!


    -Here at Minot AFB, it's been below zero to the single digits for the last couple days and wind chills as cold as -40. The only thing that pisses me off about here is before we came the snowmobiling was supposed to be so great, but it hardly snows. Here's to wishing we get stationed at Elemendorf next year in Alaska!

    -Anyway, you people living in the Kansas, SD, NEB, Minn area are getting hit hard by ice and snow. I hope you all be careful and stay safe.

    -ing for more and more snow!
    I'm in Nebraska. Not getting anything yet, but blanket weather. You know...where you need 10 blankets after a hot shower to warm up, because you feel cold to the bone. We are to start getting hit after midnight tonight, up to a 1/2 inch of ICE first. It just adds to the Christmas spirit, Nomad....if it comes 12/26 or after - this weather just makes me wish for spring! Come ON Spring! And Nomad....I've always wanted to go snowmobiling....you lucky fella.

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Posts
    18,169

    Default

    Nomad, says Fargo area is supposed to get 3-5 inches tonight or tomorrow. . . Twin Cities perhaps a foot? WOW.

  14. #14
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    3,564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    Our weather here in Qatar is great. During the day its between 75-80 and at night its between 55-60. The nights are cool and most people are walking around in their handy, dandy Air Force PT pants and jackets (insullated windbreakers). The wet season is about to start, so here's hoping to some rain.
    Go ahead....brag, brag, brag....but remember this....

    There are no scorpions that creep into my bed in Nebraska.

  15. #15
    Join Date
    Aug 2007
    Location
    Nebraska
    Posts
    3,564

    Default

    Quote Originally Posted by schnooks1 View Post
    Sounds like the weather we are having here on the Gulf of Mexico! I live in MS, in the Katrina aftermath, but I tell you the weather is the reason!!!

    And YOU! Enough of that Gulf Coast bragging. When I was down there this summer with you....honestly, I just didn't want to return to Nebraska. I just wanted to stay on the beach!

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information

Users Browsing this Thread

There are currently 1 users browsing this thread. (0 members and 1 guests)

Similar Threads

  1. Hows your weather today
    By Bronco9798 in forum What's on your Mind (Chit Chat)
    Replies: 2919
    Last Post: Yesterday, 02:17 PM
  2. How's the new server running?
    By Tned in forum Town Hall Discussion
    Replies: 25
    Last Post: 11-15-2007, 10:43 PM
  3. Titans weather turnovers
    By Broncos07.com in forum Broncos News Wire
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 10-08-2007, 03:21 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
status.broncosforums.com - BroncosForums status updates
dedicated servers
Partner with the USA Today Sports Media Group