Page 43 of 101 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 53 93 ... LastLast

Thread: Is there not a Game of Thrones thread? *SPOILERS*

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I think that's always been their flag, books and all. That said, couldn't agree with you more on everything else.
    Mostly it was nice to see the good guys get a win. After they resolver Cersei's story the main pieces will be on the board to fight each other, but they are all forgetting the one real threat that is still out there with the White Walkers. I imagine they make a move next week and shit gets real since they are winding down the series over the next 2 shortened seasons.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    I don't need to adopt, my son is a future Bronco ;)

Getting to see TWO get theirs (The Masters & then Ramsey), this episode was such a relief. The good guys finally dominate. They pushed the limit with fricken John Snow looking like he was going to suffocate in that pile. I know that feeling all too well. IT SUCKS. That scene reminded me of an experience I had that was similar except it wasn't a frightened mob that was trampling me.

I was in combat training and we were broken up into teams for a competition. It was going to be a relay race that required two volunteers (from each team) to be wrapped in a tactical stretcher (like a strong flimsy coffin that can be tied shut and dragged over terrain while keeping the patient secured inside... unless they tie that shit too tight.

The teams elected the two biggest guys to be in the stretchers (I was one of those guys). The instructor suggested to both teams that the tighter they tie, the easier it is to transport (drag). I had no idea what was TOO TIGHT, at the time. I was ready and willing, I'm not claustrophobic, I'm a team player, and I like to think I'm tough... So, while I was calm with a normal heart-rate, everything was fine. But, once the race started (two people dragged us from ropes tied near the head of the stretchers), I found myself having to work at balancing to avoid rolling over during the turns. This required work on my part, while I could not move at all, could not see at all but a sliver of light and dirt and grass entering the spaces through the crack where my face was. It was one of the hardest things I had to do, knowing I can't shout (can't get in enough air), knowing I can't move because of the restrains, knowing that if I fight it I could very well pass out. So, I forced my self to only take short breaths for the more than half of a relay race that felt like an eternity but was likely only about 5-8 minutes. We won, but as soon as that thing opened, without trying to make a scene, I too grasped for air. Of all the life threatening stuff I've been through (and not nearly as many combat related stuff as Marines & Soldiers go through) , that was the first and only time I felt helpless and had to struggle to hold on. A fricken combat training relay race. But, I was nominated by the trainees & instructors and awarded Superior Performer for that whole ordeal, so I must have brought other good stuff to the table.

4. The Following 7 Users High Fived artie_dale For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Tremendous battle scene. Got me to the edge of my seat.

I watched the NBA Finals, including trophy presentation etc., and watched GOT via DVR later. THe down-side of that is that I was keeping up with the Finals on Twitter, and was worried about getting some kind of spoiler.

I did. . . but, I misinterpreted what the Tweet meant, and I was expecting Snow & Sansa to die. It worked out great in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Probably one of the best on screen battles I've seen in awhile even counting movies. When I heard they were bringing back the director who did the Hard Homme episode (the Whitewalker Attack on the Wildlings) with a bigger budget I knew we were in for a treat! Too bad we won't be seeing that bad ass giant anymore.

Was it purposeful to have the Bolton flag with the upside burning crucified men look like a Union Jack?
    Yea, that scene, with the piles of bodies, Snow getting buried, etc. was pretty intense. In the end, only one ******* left standing.

7. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

That episode was insanely good. Wonderful story telling. Wonderful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Prepare for Lady Stoneheart.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    Prepare for Lady Stoneheart.
    Its still possible I suppose. I kept thinking they wouldn't bring her in but if they were going to now is the time.

12. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Its still possible I suppose. I kept thinking they wouldn't bring her in but if they were going to now is the time.
    This might be the literal last chance unless they completely redo her entry. That would sort of be funny. Imagine if she rolled up last night out of nowhere and just bodied mofos. Imagine that shit. I SAID IMAGINE IT!!!!1

14. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

Also, unless I missed it, nobodies mentioned Davos (is that his name, I'm horrible remembering character names) finding the little toy he made for the princess that the red witch burned. I think it's pretty clear he thinks he knows what happened, and while there is a lot the witch could do for him to swallow and get past, taking out the little girl he loved might just be one thing he can't swallow.

16. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Also, unless I missed it, nobodies mentioned Davos (is that his name, I'm horrible remembering character names) finding the little toy he made for the princess that the red witch burned. I think it's pretty clear he thinks he knows what happened, and while there is a lot the witch could do for him to swallow and get past, taking out the little girl he loved might just be one thing he can't swallow.
    He definitely knows what happened, and the last scene, with him looking at her without her knowing he is, to me sets up that he is planning to get revenge against her.

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    He definitely knows what happened, and the last scene, with him looking at her without her knowing he is, to me sets up that he is planning to get revenge against her.
    Yep, that's what I'm thinking. I just hope we get one more naked Melisandre (with the necklace on, not without) scene before he snuff's the life from her wretched soul.

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

I think the season ends with the wall being broken since bran crosses it. Thus allowing white walkers to be able to enter the kingdom of men
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Man that was a rough episode.

Poor Rickon. I had hopes that the Northmen would betray Ramsey and save him, but I guess I should've known better.
    Enjoyed the interaction between Ramsey, Jon, and Sansa before the battle.
    Great directing and acting on Jon suffocating. Really uncomfortable feeling watching it.
    Irritated that Wun Wun is gone. Where is Ghost?
    Will be interesting to see how Davos gets his revenge.
    Dany might finally come to Westeros.

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived Mike For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Agreed.

You now have Starks potentially all converging (might not be this season), assuming they don't die, with Rickon at Winterfell, Bran and Benjen, Arya all possibly meeting up with Jon and Sansa. We don't know much about Rickon, but the rest are battle hardened at this point.
    Ok, maybe Rickon won't be part of the big Stark revival and uprising.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Did anyone else get the feeling they were trying to convey that a higher power is watching over John Snow? I mean, how many times should he have been killed in that battle?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information