Page 99 of 101 FirstFirst ... 49 89 97 98 99 100 101 LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,485 of 1503

Thread: Is there not a Game of Thrones thread? *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    The question i want to know is did Aquaman die?
    He sleeps with the fishes.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    He sleeps with the fishes.

3. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Cersei blew up the Sept and drove two children mad, one committed suicide. I get the death toll is probably larger for the Mad Queen, but still.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    I felt like John Snow got ****** over. He's the most pure hearted person in he show and he got ****** at almost every turn.
    I think that might have been one of the best parts. He basically get a his ass kicked (dies lol) the entire series, including at love. He ends where he basically begins, wiser, and with friends, and an old loyal battle tested dire wolf.
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

The fact that people are losing their shit is perfect. Ideal.

Finale: 8/10

Series: 9.5/10
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I don't get the people who think Dany's character just turned evil in the last few episodes. She has been moving in that direction for the last few seasons. She was a tyrant basically from the beginning. Yes, she freed slaves and in turn crucified people and she would have killed anyone who got in her way of the throne, she was her father's daughter 100%.

9. The Following 6 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

I agree with MO and Chaze regarding Dany. She's been getting more and more erratic, and less kind and gentle for seasons. She's quick to kill anyone that stands in her way. Granted, it was also a HUGE leap to completely burn the city, but she's been threatening to do that for at least the past two seasons.

So, I'm not really too upset with that and figured she had to die, I just thought this last episode was massively anti-climactic and weak as shit.

Even if they were going to put Bran on the throne, don't spend half an episode talking about the people voting, being king shouldn't be a birth right, but chosen, stupid council meeting, etc. After the first 7 seasons and then the action of the last 3 episodes of this season (granted, first two were slow moving and setup), to end in such a droll, anti-climactic way, and the silliness of Arya going exploring and jumping between each one watching them get dressed, was I think a case of show runners/directors being too clever for their own good and thinking they had this really cool, surprise ending, rather than ending the show in this bizarre manner.

King Bobby B is like, I told you guys we should have killed that b1tch from the start.

Prince Rhaegar is like why did I kidnap Lyanna?

Drogon says f^ck all ya'll, peace out.

Bran says, ya'll busy playing checkers...

Unsullied and Dothraki say, thanks for the re-spawn.

Jon says, you brought me back for this? I should have stayed in the cave with Ygritte.
    Last edited by Mike; 05-20-2019 at 09:39 AM.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Makes you stop and think what would’ve happened had Dany just gone ahead and taken King’s Landing from the get go with 3 healthy dragons and a full compliment of Unsullied and Dothraki. She took King’s Landing in a day with a fraction of her forces and 1 dragon. I doubt she burns down the whole damned city at that point. She never would’ve had the chance to be betrayed by Cersei and wouldn’t have lost Missandei, Rhaegal, and Viserion which may have helped with her evil ways. How many times was she betrayed and how many loved ones did she have to lose, most of which were probably preventable had she not listened to Jon and Tyrion? I have to believe these things were contributors to pushing her over the edge there at the end.

Had she secured the throne when she wanted to (before she was talked out of it by Jon and Tyrion to focus on the night king), she would’ve had plenty of time to march her army north to Winterfell to stop the night king’s army with 3 dragons and the rest of the realm with her. It may have all ended the same in the long run, but it seemed like everything was set in motion for her to lose her shit from the second they reached Dragonstone.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

13. The Following 3 Users High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

You have so many big bads it's great. I'm going to ramble a bit, but I'm so happy with the show.

The White Walkers - the big menacing big bad that can be overcome if almost everyone works together. If you can get a lot of people to come together and be greater than the sum (of their impressive) parts you can beat back most things.

Cersei - the looming and nefarious threat that evolves. From episode one Cersei shows how manipulative she can be. But early on in the show she is already teaching Joffrey about the macro politics of the realm (the scene about how invading the North and implanting Uncle Kevan is stupid) as well as the micro politics (you only have to see Sansa at formal events), thus showing how talented she is. At the end of the show, just before her death, you look back at it and realize that she played the game so well. It's not a mistake that she outlasted damn near everyone.

Dany - the subtlest and most nuanced big bad. The big bad of good intentions. Almost serving as a herald of Hobbes and Burke on the classical conservative cornerstone of political philosophy, and as a 'this is why utilitarianism is solid and she went nuts when she broke from that basic concept of the newer branches of liberalism, the political history that GRRM loves so much is present. It's so easy to do the right thing when the right thing lines up with the worst impulses of human nature. No one feels badly when slavers are killed, or evil mega-lords who literally ruin the world/the populaces. That being said, when one can't turn off that impulse when it no longer is 'okay' and then buys into their own hype, you get a monster. She ticks the boxes of most modern political thought of 'oh god oh please no' but it's hard to see it in real time because you empathize with her. She's not a monsterous creature at heart. Cersei wants what she wants, **** you, go die it doesn't matter to her. She is evil. That's not Dany - but Dany with great power is just as dangerous, if not more.

I think it's still okay to like Dany as a character. But she serves as a lesson. And let's be honest, with the history of the kingdom, and with Cersei being in power, had Dany stopped there with the bloodshed she would have been 'okay' in comparison of the history of that kingdom. Cersei's death toll is a lot bigger than people think it is because they forget her role in perpetuating the battle of the x amount of kings, as well as installing the Ramsey's, which did a big bump of the death total as well.

That being said...kind of glad I never really cared about that character.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

I appreciate the fandom for this amazing show from my fellow Broncos fans.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

16. The Following User High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

They tied up many of the loose ends, but it felt rushed
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    Makes you stop and think what would’ve happened had Dany just gone ahead and taken King’s Landing from the get go with 3 healthy dragons and a full compliment of Unsullied and Dothraki. She took King’s Landing in a day with a fraction of her forces and 1 dragon. I doubt she burns down the whole damned city at that point. She never would’ve had the chance to be betrayed by Cersei and wouldn’t have lost Missandei, Rhaegal, and Viserion which may have helped with her evil ways. How many times was she betrayed and how many loved ones did she have to lose, most of which were probably preventable had she not listened to Jon and Tyrion? I have to believe these things were contributors to pushing her over the edge there at the end.

Had she secured the throne when she wanted to (before she was talked out of it by Jon and Tyrion to focus on the night king), she would’ve had plenty of time to march her army north to Winterfell to stop the night king’s army with 3 dragons and the rest of the realm with her. It may have all ended the same in the long run, but it seemed like everything was set in motion for her to lose her shit from the second they reached Dragonstone.

Would Arya of been in perfect position to kill the Knight King? She knew Winterfell like the back of her hand not Kings Landing. The Knight King might not of ever been killed and he would of sat on the Iron Throne.

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    It was way too rushed. Should of been a season 9.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    It was way too rushed. Should of been a season 9.
    Definitely and Its a shame really, but its better than holding on too long a la TWD
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information