Page 72 of 101 FirstFirst ... 22 62 70 71 72 73 74 82 ... LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1503

Thread: Is there not a Game of Thrones thread? *SPOILERS*

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I can't say enough about this episode. Paid off the whole series for me. It could be the series finale and I'd be totally satisfied. Soundtrack impeccable. Incredible visuals. Characters all resolving themselves. Art, of the highest order.

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I’m proud of you for sticking with this.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

4. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m proud of you for sticking with this.
    This is the one series that I hear people not wanting to watch for one reason or another, then they give a few episodes a shot and blow through it. The way the story is constructed it's easy to forgive some of the ridiculous plot elements and just latch onto certain threads. Personally I really liked Arya Stark and The Hound's story arc so far and I hope it pays off somehow. Aside from Jamie Lannister and Tyrion, they are the characters who have grown the most to me in the series and that was true even when I read the books.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Day 3 of nasty head cold, season 2 of GoT. I'm enjoying the relationship between Tywin Lannister and Arya Stark while she is posing as a peasant and working as his servant. I think this is a good example of something GoT is fairly good at, making you like characters you once hated.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    This is the one series that I hear people not wanting to watch for one reason or another, then they give a few episodes a shot and blow through it. The way the story is constructed it's easy to forgive some of the ridiculous plot elements and just latch onto certain threads. Personally I really liked Arya Stark and The Hound's story arc so far and I hope it pays off somehow. Aside from Jamie Lannister and Tyrion, they are the characters who have grown the most to me in the series and that was true even when I read the books.
    The Hound and Arya are a great little side story.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Day 3 of nasty head cold, season 2 of GoT. I'm enjoying the relationship between Tywin Lannister and Arya Stark while she is posing as a peasant and working as his servant. I think this is a good example of something GoT is fairly good at, making you like characters you once hated.
    I think the best example of them making someone you hate a likable character would be The Hound. He turned into a genuinely good character all the way around.

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Tywin is one of my absolute favorite characters in any show, ever.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

12. The Following User High Fived Poet For This Post:

I can't say enough about this episode. Paid off the whole series for me. It could be the series finale and I'd be totally satisfied. Soundtrack impeccable. Incredible visuals. Characters all resolving themselves. Art, of the highest order.
    Buff, let's rub.
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Lotta grumpkins and snarks in season 7.

Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    Buff, let's rub.
    Buff, don't ignore me. You've embraced some good ole fashioned nerdery. Don't back out now!

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Buff, don't ignore me. You've embraced some good ole fashioned nerdery. Don't back out now!
    Stop being so needy!

This is a real existential crisis for me. On one hand this show is so good, and yet all the dragons fighting dead people is exceedingly out of my wheelhouse... Also - one thing I find increasingly annoying is that the producers go out of their way to make the white walkers seem insurmountable -- thousands upon thousands of them -- and yet we continue to see these silly individual battle scenes where they all wait their turn to fight the heroes. I realize I need to just lighten the **** up and suspend disbelief for a second - but this is why I generally stay away from sci-fi and fantasy and over-the-top action movies - it's difficult for me.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Stop being so needy!

This is a real existential crisis for me. On one hand this show is so good, and yet all the dragons fighting dead people is exceedingly out of my wheelhouse... Also - one thing I find increasingly annoying is that the producers go out of their way to make the white walkers seem insurmountable -- thousands upon thousands of them -- and yet we continue to see these silly individual battle scenes where they all wait their turn to fight the heroes. I realize I need to just lighten the **** up and suspend disbelief for a second - but this is why I generally stay away from sci-fi and fantasy and over-the-top action movies - it's difficult for me.
    I need you.

I think this isn't an existential crisis for you - you've always loved quality. You could simply say that the GoT is so good that it even overcomes what you dislike. I hate salad, but there was one salad that tasted so good at a little mom and pop's eatery back home. That sort of thing.

Also, the white walkers are built up to be insurmountable via attrition and a few heavy hitters that are truly sentient. Battle logistics like 'why aren't they being swarmed' are more obvious than other stupid things in shows like "wow, you only really had one choice and it took you how long to realize it' that often plague dramas and the like.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Stop being so needy!

Curious how you’re going to feel when they end the show with someone plotting to kill the king/queen, regardless of who is sitting on the throne? This is my theory for the last scene of the show, though not necessarily the “conclusion” which will surely be the crowning of someone.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Stop being so needy!

Stop over thinking it and just enjoy it for what it is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Final scenes:

Everybody sans 1 person is dead. A sad, but incredibly drunk, Tyrion roams the land drinking all the wine and talking to various inanimate objects.
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

22. The Following 4 Users High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information