Page 70 of 101 FirstFirst ... 20 60 68 69 70 71 72 80 ... LastLast
Results 1,036 to 1,050 of 1503

Thread: Is there not a Game of Thrones thread? *SPOILERS*

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

1.True Detective season 1
    2. Breaking bad
    3. The Killing
    4. Law & Order (especially the early seasons)

Ozark is close to making the list, that show has been amazing. GoT is also close to making my list. Dexter would be but for the finale being so disappointing. I watched the first season or so of Sopranos got rid of HBO and never came back, I need to just watch it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    1.True Detective season 1
    2. Breaking bad
    3. The Killing
    4. Law & Order (especially the early seasons)

Ozark is close to making the list, that show has been amazing. GoT is also close to making my list. Dexter would be but for the finale being so disappointing. I watched the first season or so of Sopranos got rid of HBO and never came back, I need to just watch it.
    Yeah - Ozarks would push my top 5 as is, another solid season would make it a certainty

My top 5 is probably

1. Game of Thrones
    2. Breaking Bad
    3. Fringe
    4. Lost (I know people hate the ending, there has never been a show since then that captivated me with mystery of "what the hell is going on here" week in and week out.)
    5.Westworld

My honorable mentions, Timeless, Firefly, Farscape, Stargate Universe, Stargate Atlantis, Stargate SG-1 (yes, I like Stargate) Warehouse 13, Eureka.

4. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

1) The Wire
    2) The Sopranos
    3) Deadwood
    4) Foyle's War
    5) GoT
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

6. The Following User High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

I also like this series called The Denver Broncos but the last few seasons haven't been as well-written as others. Producer has fired the writers and brought on a new actor for the male lead role next season, so we'll see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Damn - forgot about the Wire - i loved that

So that makes the top 5

Deadwood
    Hell on Wheels
    GoT
    The Wire
    Fringe

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Hawgdriver View Post
    I also like this series called The Denver Broncos but the last few seasons haven't been as well-written as others. Producer has fired the writers and brought on a new actor for the male lead role next season, so we'll see.
    I hear a few seasons ago they tried to replace the male lead with a female lead, but she wanted to be a narrator instead. She's a pretty good narrator, but she has this habit of spoiling exactly what is going to happen before it actually does.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

I'm probably being my usual overly cynical self, but as with most shows - this one is not immune from getting dumber as time goes on... As I sit here after season 5 episode 4 I'd say it's right on the verge of jumping the shark...

Sansa Stark marrying Ramsay Bolton - riiiight.
    Tyrion getting captured a thousand miles from Kings Landing by the one guy who could possibly recognize him in a brothel - riiiight.
    Daenerys Targaryen all of a sudden making such tactical blunders that all the people turn on her - riiiiight.

...Then stuff that feels like it doesn't have the proper setup on why I should care, which is the classic trap that movies based on books fall into (I realize this is a TV show not a movie) -- Arya Stark in Bravos, these ******* sparrows?

Characters doing things that doesn't make sense. Drama is getting a little forced.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    I'm probably being my usual overly cynical self, but as with most shows - this one is not immune from getting dumber as time goes on... As I sit here after season 5 episode 4 I'd say it's right on the verge of jumping the shark...

Sansa Stark marrying Ramsay Bolton - riiiight.
    Tyrion getting captured a thousand miles from Kings Landing by the one guy who could possibly recognize him in a brothel - riiiight.
    Daenerys Targaryen all of a sudden making such tactical blunders that all the people turn on her - riiiiight.

...Then stuff that feels like it doesn't have the proper setup on why I should care, which is the classic trap that movies based on books fall into (I realize this is a TV show not a movie) -- Arya Stark in Bravos, these ******* sparrows?

Characters doing things that doesn't make sense. Drama is getting a little forced.
    I am not going to let you do this.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I am not going to let you do this.
    I knew it'd be poorly received... But this show is not above criticism. It's still great - I still love it more than I anticipated. But it isn't fitting together as seamlessly as it did for the first 3.5 seasons.

I knew it'd be poorly received... But this show is not above criticism. It's still great - I still love it more than I anticipated. But it isn't fitting together as seamlessly as it did for the first 3.5 seasons.
    Bolton and ole girl makes perfect sense. She's not as sharp and wise as she should be, and she's beholden to the finger.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

1.) The Sopranos
    2.) The Sopranos
    3.) The Sopranos
    4.) Seinfeld
    5.) Breaking Bad

...GoT may crack the list before all is said and done. It's so unique and enchanting.

Have you never seen "The Wire"?

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    Have you never seen "The Wire"?
    No - it's been at the top of my "need to watch" list for a couple years now.

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

No - it's been at the top of my "need to watch" list for a couple years now.
    Okay, I guess. Move that right on up to the top of the list after you catch up on GOT.

19. The Following 3 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    Okay, I guess. Move that right on up to the top of the list after you catch up on GOT.
    It is a slow burn, but one of the most complete shows ever. It had everything

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information