Page 8 of 101 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 18 58 ... LastLast

Thread: Is there not a Game of Thrones thread? *SPOILERS*

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    I understand they take a long time to write, but its been almost 20 years. He probably types a sentence, eats exactly 3 Burger King french fries, takes a sip of diet coke, then naps. When he wakes up he just repeats that process until he finishes the book. That dude is going to die before he finishes the next book let alone anything after that.
    What makes Martin so frustrating is that he spends so much time doing things other than write the books. He travels, eats, writes other books/comics, eats, blogs, eats, etc., eats. For fans that have been reading since the beginning it just feels like a "**** you" to think that the tv show might wrap up the story. I am of the opinion that his success has him afraid to write anything for fear of not living up to the hype.

Quote Originally Posted by Lancane View Post
    Any word if they're going to kill Snow as they did in the book (Or left it open as a possibility) or since they're taking various other directions that this will be different as many other written character's fates have been altered?
    Book spoiler...well my opinion of what happened in the book.

I don't think Snow is dead. The story is about his and Danerys' lines. Most likely Melissandre will give him the kiss and bring him back ala Dondarion and Catelyn.

3. The Following User High Fived Mike For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    What makes Martin so frustrating is that he spends so much time doing things other than write the books. He travels, eats, writes other books/comics, eats, blogs, eats, etc., eats. For fans that have been reading since the beginning it just feels like a "**** you" to think that the tv show might wrap up the story. I am of the opinion that his success has him afraid to write anything for fear of not living up to the hype.
    How dare that ******* do things like travel, eat and write other books! Why hasn't there been a lynch mob put together to cage him up and force him to write you more of your story?

sorry man, not busting your balls. Just thought it was funny as I read that.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Quote Originally Posted by weazel View Post
    How dare that ******* do things like travel, eat and write other books! Why hasn't there been a lynch mob put together to cage him up and force him to write you more of your story?

sorry man, not busting your balls. Just thought it was funny as I read that.
    Not begrudging a guy for taking breaks, but when it is 90% breaks and 10% writing...you get 5+ years in between books which makes people disgruntled. Then to sell the story to HBO and to have it catch up and move pass the books in the timeline....just seems wrong to a guy who has been reading since the beginning. Without fans he wouldn't be enjoying the other perks and I think he treats his fans poorly.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Mike For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Not begrudging a guy for taking breaks, but when it is 90% breaks and 10% writing...you get 5+ years in between books which makes people disgruntled. Then to sell the story to HBO and to have it catch up and move pass the books in the timeline....just seems wrong to a guy who has been reading since the beginning. Without fans he wouldn't be enjoying the other perks and I think he treats his fans poorly.
    Sad thing is that we're seeing this more and more, Robert Jordan's Wheel of Time (He actually passed before it was finished and someone else was left to take his notes and finish it), J.K. Rowling did much the same with her Potter series, Christopher Paolini did it with his Inheritance books. But then I see writers like Mercedes Lackey and R.A. Salvatore turning out major books a couple times a year.

As for treating fans poorly, I absolutely agree with you, that is why Darren Shan the writer who got a lot of complaints from his fans about his Circue Du Freak series - he told them to F' off that he doesn't write for them and his publisher made him apologize or they were going to drop him. George Lucas did much the same to his Star Wars' fans and then Disney bought his companies and basically kicked him to the curb cause they felt differently.
    - Doesn't bother me what people think, the mere fact what I think seems to bother others speaks volumes about them more then myself! -

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I finished the last episode for Season 4 yesterday afternoon, and instead of the Oscars, decided to go back and watch Season 1. There's so much foreshadowing of things, even in Season 4. One of the opening scenes in the entire series is Danyrus getting into the scalding water unharmed. It's just such a great show and pretty amazing to see how characters, especially the Stark children, have grown up.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

9. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I finished the last episode for Season 4 yesterday afternoon, and instead of the Oscars, decided to go back and watch Season 1. There's so much foreshadowing of things, even in Season 4. One of the opening scenes in the entire series is Danyrus getting into the scalding water unharmed. It's just such a great show and pretty amazing to see how characters, especially the Stark children, have grown up.
    Yeah. Rewatching the seasons was something I am so glad I did.

They never get old either.

I am totally obsessed.

Valar Morghulis.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Just watched the "making off" season 5.

It looks so good!

#teamarya
    #teamimp
    #teamspider
    #teamlittlefinger
    #teamdenyaersthemotherofdragonsandbreakerofchains
    #wouldlovetoslipcerseiasalengthandbehersquire

A mind needs books as a sword needs a whetstone, if it is to keep its edge. --Tyrion Lannister, from George R.R. Martin's A Game of Thrones
    Everybody has a preference. Some guys like them round. Some guys like them thin. Some guys like them tacky. Some guys like them brand new. Some guys like old balls. --Tom Brady

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived pulse For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

I just ejaculated a little.

I'm going to miss Tywin Lannister.

16. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    I'm going to miss Tywin Lannister.
    I miss them all - even Joffery (i liked hating him)

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Quote Originally Posted by daveaitken18 View Post
    I miss them all - even Joffery (i liked hating him)
    Come on, Joffrey died spectacularly - sick little ****.
    - Doesn't bother me what people think, the mere fact what I think seems to bother others speaks volumes about them more then myself! -

19. The Following User High Fived Lancane For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Lancane View Post

Come on, Joffrey died spectacularly - sick little ****.
    It was truly awesome.

But nothing beats the Prince of Dorne's eye popping death

21. The Following User High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

No way as a grown man I should be this excited

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	ForumRunner_20150301_133516.jpg 
Views:	17 
Size:	8.7 KB 
ID:	6818

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information