Page 46 of 101 FirstFirst ... 36 44 45 46 47 48 56 96 ... LastLast

Thread: Is there not a Game of Thrones thread? *SPOILERS*

That was a very satisfying episode. So many good things. The timeline was hard to keep up with...Olenna being in Dorne and knowing about what Cersei did, then Varys being back on the ship with Dany at the end. How Riverrun and the Twins was settled and Jamie gets back in time to see Cersei being crowned. I assume everyone now is at the same point in time in the story?

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Mike For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    That was a very satisfying episode. So many good things. The timeline was hard to keep up with...Olenna being in Dorne and knowing about what Cersei did, then Varys being back on the ship with Dany at the end. How Riverrun and the Twins was settled and Jamie gets back in time to see Cersei being crowned. I assume everyone now is at the same point in time in the story?
    That's a good point. I remember the After the Thrones guys talking about the Iron born making a months long boat trip in one episode.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

I would probably vote for waiting two years and having all thirteen. Ten episodes goes by so fast, six would be a blink of the eye.

Agreed on looking forward to this show more than any other. Even after Danny stopped showing flesh.

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I would not want to wait two years.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I would not want to wait two years.
    I don't want to wait two weeks.

8. The Following 5 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

The show uses geography and events instead of actual time according to the show creators. Time is passing normally in Westeros, but we are like a record needle moving around the record looking for only the most interesting things. Some plot points that appear next to each other might not even be in the same day let alone the same year.

Remember it wasn't too long ago that Tommen was a child in Cerise's lap and she was ready to poison him and herself if the castle fell. Now he is old enough to have gotten married and committed suicide after his queen got blowed the hell up in green fire. I think in the context of the show it works, I'm kind of glad the story just flows.

The thing that the show always did when it was still concurrent with the books was that no matter how much from the books they deviated, the final episode always put the characters and situations on par with the books with the last episode. It will be neat to see how close this is to the actual book if he ever finishes the thing.

Also if anyone is interested I started listening to this podcast at work this season: http://baldmove.com/category/game-of-thrones/

Its basically a book reader and a show only GOT fan that breakdown each episode. Really good if you want to dive into the story and background more while you are at work or on a long commute.

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    I don't need to adopt, my son is a future Bronco ;)

In the first part of that episode, was anybody else like "Wait... is this happening? I mean, sure I want the High Sparrow to die but, Margaery? Let her out. GET OUT OF HER WAY!!!! (GASP!) this just happened?!?!?!"

I mean, they didn't waste any time. And Poor Tomen, didn't want any part of his mother or his kingship anymore. I think his script was three words long in that episode; "Alright, I'm ready." OH, and when Cersie sicked the Mountain on that Sparrow Lady... I can't even imagine. Cersie has officially lost it. Didn't blink an eye when she saw Tomen's body, and was all about that can of splode she opened up under the cathedral.

Little Finger confessed to Sansa what his goal is (Iron thrown with her by his side), but then the King of the North happened. I wonder how far he will try to go to remove John Snow. I don't know... in that scene where he confessed to Sansa, it seemed he was slipping or losing his edge. Might be running out of patients.

And YAY for Arya! She fooled me... she's going to have a field day infiltrating all those that betrayed the Starks... (dammit... I was just reminded how long we'll have to wait. dammit, dammit, dammit, dammit!)

Quote Originally Posted by artie_dale View Post
    In the first part of that episode, was anybody else like "Wait... is this happening? I mean, sure I want the High Sparrow to die but, Margaery? Let her out. GET OUT OF HER WAY!!!! (GASP!) this just happened?!?!?!"
    Yes, I was REALLY hoping she slipped out and avoided the explosion, but that's only because she's hot. It's probably better for the storyline the way they did it.

13. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

so... Kings landing.

aptly named
    Last edited by weazel; 06-28-2016 at 11:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

15. The Following User High Fived weazel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

All is explained here...

http://www.pajiba.com/game_of_throne...-questions.php
    "Chickens are dope..." - Von Miller

YEah.. I was too. But then I remembered.... we really haven't see anything from her for 2 seasons now. Although I find her hot, her part had pretty much diminished to nothing. Same with the young king. There was so much going on, I'm surprised they didn't give a quick 'flash' of Dog to let us know where he fell into all of this.

SO I'm confused. Since the Bald dude seemed to have some incredible travel times between places... does this mean that the Dorn's are part of the Dragon Queen's alliance, or is he doubling? That scene didn't make a lot of sense to me.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

18. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

Little Finger confessed to Sansa what his goal is (Iron thrown with her by his side), but then the King of the North happened. I wonder how far he will try to go to remove John Snow. I don't know... in that scene where he confessed to Sansa, it seemed he was slipping or losing his edge. Might be running out of patients.
    Due to the fact that Littlefinger confessed to Sansa his plans, she made sure that Jon Snow was proclaimed King of the North. She is trying to thwart Littlefinger's plans from behind the scenes, but can't do it openly since he came to the Stark's rescue. Him telling Sansa that he wanted to rule with her was a mistake on his part, because she doesn't want to rule with him. Now he knows that. That look between the two was an acknowledgement of where they stood with each other.

20. The Following User High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    I don't need to adopt, my son is a future Bronco ;)

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    Due to the fact that Littlefinger confessed to Sansa his plans, she made sure that Jon Snow was proclaimed King of the North. She is trying to thwart Littlefinger's plans from behind the scenes, but can't do it openly since he came to the Stark's rescue. Him telling Sansa that he wanted to rule with her was a mistake on his part, because she doesn't want to rule with him. Now he knows that. That look between the two was an acknowledgement of where they stood with each other.
    Oh, I thought that look exchange was Littlefinger knowing he has an obstical and Sansa realizing Snow may be in more danger... I think your perception makes more sense.

confirmed 7 episode series coming up
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    Yeah, but I also think that Sansa may have been like....oh shit, he mad. And, I can't remember if it was the book or show, but Littlefinger was supposed to be looking for her to bring her back to Cersei. He could be back on team Lannister again now.

24. The Following 2 Users High Fived Mike For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information