Page 59 of 101 FirstFirst ... 9 49 57 58 59 60 61 69 ... LastLast

Thread: Is there not a Game of Thrones thread? *SPOILERS*

Compared to the last couple episodes, this one didn't have as much action, but was still real good. Considering we are down to two episodes, this could go any of a couple ways.

The south does team up to battle the undead, and it ends with or as a great battle starts. Cersei pretends to do such, and ambushes Dany.

I tend to think that one way or another, this season will end with the battle with the undead just heating up and most of next season will be that, but then it's a matter of how they transition back to winning the iron throne, all in six episodes. So, maybe they do the battle with the undead quickly, but I don't think they can wrap that up in the final two episodes this year.

2. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Really good episode. The pieces are starting to fall into place. I wonder what Littlefinger was up to? Some really funny moments in this one too.

"Did you read it?"

"Its a SEALED ENVELOPE for the King of the North."

"....what does it say?"

"Nothing good."

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Really good episode. The pieces are starting to fall into place. I wonder what Littlefinger was up to? Some really funny moments in this one too.

"Did you read it?"

"Its a SEALED ENVELOPE for the King of the North."

"....what does it say?"

"Nothing good."
    I would say either showing the message she sent when trying to save her father or something he had fabricated, either one trying to pit sister against sister.

5. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    I would say either showing the message she sent when trying to save her father or something he had fabricated, either one trying to pit sister against sister.
    The scroll is from the first season of "Game of Thrones," when Cersei tells Sansa that the only way she would spare the life of her father (Ned Stark) is if Sansa writes to her mother (Catelyn Stark) and brother (Robb Stark), and asks them to bend the knee to Joffrey. Of course, Ned Stark is executed in season one, but not before Sansa sends ravens to her mother and brother, doing as Cersei and her advisors at the time (one of whom was Littlefinger) instructed.

The scroll that Arya finds is the scroll that Sansa sent to Robb.

This is what the scroll says:

"Robb, I write to you with a heavy heart. Our good king Robert is dead, killed from wounds he took in a boar hunt. Father has been charged with treason. He conspired with Robert’s brothers against my beloved Joffrey and tried to steal his throne. The Lannisters are treating me very well and provide me with every comfort. I beg you: come to King’s Landing, swear fealty to King Joffrey and prevent any strife between the great houses of Lannister and Stark."

In Sunday's episode, Littlefinger watches Arya leave his room, smirking — clearly he intended to lead Arya to find the scroll. Littlefinger is trying to sow seeds of doubt between the sisters. After all, what could upset Arya more than finding a letter from Sansa asking Robb to bend the knee to the person highest on her kill list?
    http://www.businessinsider.com/game-...to-find-2017-8

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

So, 2 episodes left?

They just let Jamie and Bron swim away?

The writers jumped the shark on that one.

10. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    They just let Jamie and Bron swim away?

The writers jumped the shark on that one.
    They are having to make TONS of concessions to wrap this up by next season. I think this last episode there were a few trips back and forth by ship that would have taken up half of one of GRMM's books. He loved to dawdle and talk about how Dany was slooooowly moving her armies, and what they were eating, etc.

If I can suspend belief that all these cross continent trips are happening, I guess I can see that Bronn and Jamie found a current and swam away in heavy ass armor during the fog of war aftermath. Plus I like Bronn too much so I was just happy to see he made it!

I think my new hero is Davos. He is the smartest man in Westeros and he cemented it with the line, "All I've ever done is live to a ripe old age!"

One thing I don't understand about this episode is sending your best guys to go grab a Wight for "proof". Just have Drago scoop up some in each claw and drop them at Kings Landing. Then Cersei can see the Dragon AND the undead army. I don't think she is going to help though, I imagine she will let the White Walkers decimate Dany's army since right now she has a buffer between them and East Watch. Why make a move now? She conceded that all her tactics end in death anyway.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

They are having to make TONS of concessions to wrap this up by next season. I think this last episode there were a few trips back and forth by ship that would have taken up half of one of GRMM's books. He loved to dawdle and talk about how Dany was slooooowly moving her armies, and what they were eating, etc.

If I can suspend belief that all these cross continent trips are happening, I guess I can see that Bronn and Jamie found a current and swam away in heavy ass armor during the fog of war aftermath. Plus I like Bronn too much so I was just happy to see he made it!

I think my new hero is Davos. He is the smartest man in Westeros and he cemented it with the line, "All I've ever done is live to a ripe old age!"

One thing I don't understand about this episode is sending your best guys to go grab a Wight for "proof". Just have Drago scoop up some in each claw and drop them at Kings Landing. Then Cersei can see the Dragon AND the undead army. I don't think she is going to help though, I imagine she will let the White Walkers decimate Dany's army since right now she has a buffer between them and East Watch. Why make a move now? She conceded that all her tactics end in death anyway.
    I was thinking the same thing RE the dragon going and getting a couple.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Something odd that I heard and was a little surprised to hear the show say, which could be a plot device to allow for us to suspend our belief in how fast some of this stuff occurs: When Sam was talking to the Maester council, he mentioned that Bran had been north of the wall for "years." That is the first time I remember the characters in the show acknowledging that the events of the show have occurred over a large amount of time. That said, I think we must now believe we're several years into winter already?

Agree on that last part. Their plan sucks. It's just horribly thought out from a show-writing standpoint and its solely to move the plot ahead so they can get this done in 13 or 14 episodes rather than 20. That was the first time with this show, where I was kind of like, "Really? All that for this?"
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Everything feels rushed. I don't like it.

And I agree, send a dragon to cook some of the army of the dead and bring one back.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Something odd that I heard and was a little surprised to hear the show say, which could be a plot device to allow for us to suspend our belief in how fast some of this stuff occurs: When Sam was talking to the Maester council, he mentioned that Bran had been north of the wall for "years." That is the first time I remember the characters in the show acknowledging that the events of the show have occurred over a large amount of time. That said, I think we must now believe we're several years into winter already?

Agree on that last part. Their plan sucks. It's just horribly thought out from a show-writing standpoint and its solely to move the plot ahead so they can get this done in 13 or 14 episodes rather than 20. That was the first time with this show, where I was kind of like, "Really? All that for this?"
    Yeah it is implied that this has been going on for years now, even if it's just 2 or more. As far as the pacing I don't mind as long as the last 5 or so episodes are all battle and payoff. Get the pieces in place as fast as possible, I don't blame the showrunners for wanting to wrap it up. George R.R. Martin is too busy working on vanity projects about the lore of Westeros instead of finishing the story because now he has everyone's attention. He knows that if he ends it, that will pretty much be it. I know the showrunners were pretty much given some bullet points on something they have spent almost a decade of their lives on so I can't fault them too much for what they have to work with or just wanting it to end at this point.

I think of something like The Hobbit movies when they stretched out a plot into 3 movies that only had enough content for one. In the case of Game of Thrones this could essentially be a soap opera that runs for 30 years where they have to cast new actors and the story never really ends. At this point I would rather have a sped-up conclusion then the show overstaying it's welcome. They have to walk the line between dragging it out or trying to pad up a story that they never thought they would have to finish on their own or get all of it out there as quickly and as satisfyingly as possible. This season has and will continue to be hit or miss, but overall I am happy with it.

My wife and I were discussing the Missandei/Grey Worm dynamic as we got caught up on episodes 3, 4 and 5 last night so we saw the sex scene between the two.

We were wondering did Grey Worm get the twig and berries cut off or just the berries?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    My wife and I were discussing the Missandei/Grey Worm dynamic as we got caught up on episodes 3, 4 and 5 last night so we saw the sex scene between the two.

We were wondering did Grey Worm get the twig and berries cut off or just the berries?
    I don't think anything is there. But I guess I don't know for sure.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I don't think anything is there. But I guess I don't know for sure.
    That was my assumption as well.

Yeah it is implied that this has been going on for years now, even if it's just 2 or more. As far as the pacing I don't mind as long as the last 5 or so episodes are all battle and payoff. Get the pieces in place as fast as possible, I don't blame the showrunners for wanting to wrap it up. George R.R. Martin is too busy working on vanity projects about the lore of Westeros instead of finishing the story because now he has everyone's attention. He knows that if he ends it, that will pretty much be it. I know the showrunners were pretty much given some bullet points on something they have spent almost a decade of their lives on so I can't fault them too much for what they have to work with or just wanting it to end at this point.

I think of something like The Hobbit movies when they stretched out a plot into 3 movies that only had enough content for one. In the case of Game of Thrones this could essentially be a soap opera that runs for 30 years where they have to cast new actors and the story never really ends. At this point I would rather have a sped-up conclusion then the show overstaying it's welcome. They have to walk the line between dragging it out or trying to pad up a story that they never thought they would have to finish on their own or get all of it out there as quickly and as satisfyingly as possible. This season has and will continue to be hit or miss, but overall I am happy with it.
    GRRM can't wrap it up because he doesn't know how to wrap it up. The HBO version is as close to a wrap up for book readers as it is going to get, GRRM will never finish the series.

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived Mike For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information