Page 51 of 101 FirstFirst ... 41 49 50 51 52 53 61 ... LastLast

Thread: Is there not a Game of Thrones thread? *SPOILERS*

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Yea, I was thinking the same thing regarding the Jon and Danny meeting when he goes looking for the glass. The question is whether it will immediately be an alliance or if her lust (and for the record, she can lust after anything and I'm ok with it) to rule the seven kingdoms will make her closed to an alliance with the new king of the north. Pretty sure Jon has to marry Lady Mohrmot (sp?) as she just has "it."
    Yeah it's hard to tell. Her ancestor dreamed of a border-less Westeros with all the kingdoms united. I thought it was interesting foreshadowing that Dany walked right past the throne upon entering the castle and went right to the war room table to get to work.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I think I'm the only person in the world that doesn't watch this show. The wife didn't like it, but may have to give it a reboot.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    I think I'm the only person in the world that doesn't watch this show. The wife didn't like it, but may have to give it a reboot.
    Personally, I think it's a great show. I would give it another shot.

4. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Yeah it's hard to tell. Her ancestor dreamed of a border-less Westeros with all the kingdoms united. I thought it was interesting foreshadowing that Dany walked right past the throne upon entering the castle and went right to the war room table to get to work.
    EU comment withheld...

Not all shows are for everyone.

I was invested just because I was a fan of the books. As far as for what goes on TV today though, it is probably better than 95% of what is out there for acting and storytelling.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Not all shows are for everyone.

I was invested just because I was a fan of the books. As far as for what goes on TV today though, it is probably better than 95% of what is out there for acting and storytelling.
    Not as good as Greys Anatomy or The Nightshift, but a close third.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Eh, sometimes shows just aren't for everyone. I would say if you aren't invested after 3 or 4 episodes not much is gonna change your mind. I still have friends insisting I will like Doctor Who but I haven't seen anything regardless of who is playing the Doctor that makes me think that show is any good in my opinion.

Eh, sometimes shows just aren't for everyone. I would say if you aren't invested after 3 or 4 episodes not much is gonna change your mind. I still have friends insisting I will like Doctor Who but I haven't seen anything regardless of who is playing the Doctor that makes me think that show is any good in my opinion.
    Walking Dead is that way. Most people I know that love the show said they were hooked after the first episode, but I know some others that struggled to make it through the first episode, and were maybe talked into watching multiple episodes, and still nothing.

10. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Walking Dead is that way. Most people I know that love the show said they were hooked after the first episode, but I know some others that struggled to make it through the first episode, and were maybe talked into watching multiple episodes, and still nothing.
    I gave that show one season and gave up. Glad I did from what I am hearing of recent seasons from fans.

12. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

I gave that show one season and gave up. Glad I did from what I am hearing of recent seasons from fans.
    A lot of fans don't like the way the last season went, but I still love the show.

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Paul George

I made it through 4 or 5 seasons I think. Not sure what season they're on now. I really enjoyed it for a while. Came late to it because I'm not a zombie genre guy generally.

But the last season I watched, for several episodes I kept saying, "this has gotten too dumb" to myself. Finally after hearing myself say that after 5-6 episodes I quit. I'm at peace with that decision.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived NightTrainLayne For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post
    I made it through 4 or 5 seasons I think. Not sure what season they're on now. I really enjoyed it for a while. Came late to it because I'm not a zombie genre guy generally.

But the last season I watched, for several episodes I kept saying, "this has gotten too dumb" to myself. Finally after hearing myself say that after 5-6 episodes I quit. I'm at peace with that decision.
    I suffered through last season and didn't watch it til much later in the week. There were a few episodes that I just fast forwarded through. I will see how this season goes, but it may be time to walk away for me to.

Quote Originally Posted by NightTrainLayne View Post

I made it to Season 3. Then I said to myself, why are these people walking around in the woods? Weren't they in Georgia? One of the episodes was at the CDC? Head to the coast, get on a boat and sail away. They were too stupid to keep watching.

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Of all the characters who've died off, I miss Tywin Lannister the most. Charles Dance was brilliant.

21. The Following 3 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Of all the characters who've died off, I miss Tywin Lannister the most. Charles Dance was brilliant.
    That guy is great in everything he's in...

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information