Page 49 of 101 FirstFirst ... 39 47 48 49 50 51 59 99 ... LastLast

Thread: Is there not a Game of Thrones thread? *SPOILERS*

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Wife said that she read that while there will only be 7 seasons this year (pisses me off) that HBO says those 7 episodes will take as much to make as the normal 10 seasons. I've also read some interviews with the producers who say these final 13 episodes will be more like 13 moves in terms of scope, cinematography, huge battle scenes, etc.

We shall see. I'm not happy with them spreading 13 episodes over two years.
    They will also be some of the longest episodes ever. Quality over quantity to finish this thing out right!

2. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Everybody is bitching in P&R and im all like none of your shitty ass news outlets reported shit about Aria being the angel of death.
    Quote Originally Posted by King87 View Post
    All must hail NostraTimmy!
    Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Nostratimmy was right again. All hail nostratimmy.
    Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I’m the hobbit.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

*Arya.

Also, she's finally the badass we've been expecting for six seasons.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

5. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

*Arya.

Also, she's finally the badass we've been expecting for six seasons.
    Her and The Hound have been some of my favorite character arcs of the show so far. Really good first episode to set up all the chess pieces.

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

I didn't remember Arya killing Walder Frey from last season.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    I didn't remember Arya killing Walder Frey from last season.
    One of the last scenes of the season.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Her and The Hound have been some of my favorite character arcs of the show so far. Really good first episode to set up all the chess pieces.
    We're finally getting somewhere with their characters. They definitely slow-played their portions of the story, although I suppose they had to because of everything else they had to incorporate in other storylines to get to this total worldview where their two story arcs from the last five episodes of season 6 and last night are possible.

The cold open definitely threw me for a loop for a few seconds, because I just watched Winds of Winter on Friday. Then I realized what was happening and it was glorious.

11. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

We're finally getting somewhere with their characters. They definitely slow-played their portions of the story, although I suppose they had to because of everything else they had to incorporate in other storylines to get to this total worldview where their two story arcs from the last five episodes of season 6 and last night are possible.

The cold open definitely threw me for a loop for a few seconds, because I just watched Winds of Winter on Friday. Then I realized what was happening and it was glorious.
    Ditto, for a second I was wondering if it was a flashback or what, and then it it hit me that it was going to be Arya. I actually found that whole Bravos training romp slow and painful (especially watching it the second time over the last week), but I guess it was all setup to the rampage she's going on.

13. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    They will also be some of the longest episodes ever. Quality over quantity to finish this thing out right!
    Hope so. I was kind of hoping they would have done a Walking Deadesque 90 minute season opener. Regardless, I liked the opener. Mother of dragons or not, I thought it was crazy that Danny was wondering around the Dragonstone castle on her own and/or with a few guards, but other than that, thought it was a great start.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Hope so. I was kind of hoping they would have done a Walking Deadesque 90 minute season opener. Regardless, I liked the opener. Mother of dragons or not, I thought it was crazy that Danny was wondering around the Dragonstone castle on her own and/or with a few guards, but other than that, thought it was a great start.
    Other than to make the alliance with the sand snakes, I believe Varys' trip to Westeros in Winds of Winter was to verify that Stannis left Dragonstone abandoned.

16. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Other than to make the alliance with the sand snakes, I believe Varys' trip to Westeros in Winds of Winter was to verify that Stannis left Dragonstone abandoned.
    Ok, could be and I didn't pick up on that. I just kept thinking, "may, you don't let her lead the pack through an abandoned castle."

On a separate note. Do we assume that Raeghar (sp?) Targarian (sp?) is definitely Jon Snow's father? If it was a abduction/rape, he's still a *******, so how much stronger is his claim? Or, was it a secret love and they were married or was the father someone else?

Unlike Danny, he clearly burns, but then again I think she's the daughter of two parents with dragon blood, right?

How about twins? Any chance that's what was whispered? That's my wife's theory. She's got this theory (while it's original to her, I'm sure others on the internet came up with the same thing) that there are three dragons and previously, originally the three Targaryons road in on three dragons, so she thinks that means there are three Targaryon children. Danny, Jon and possibly a twin sister. Maybe the girl that's with Bran, who's father was with Ned and saved Ned's life. Ned took one baby (Jon) and he took the other.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Ok, could be and I didn't pick up on that. I just kept thinking, "may, you don't let her lead the pack through an abandoned castle."
    I listened to The Ringer's Binge Mode podcast the last six weeks, and that's a daunting task as I probably used up 50 hours of my life on that, but they have used the show and the books to learn a lot of things and that was one of them. Varys' trip to Westeros was months long even though it only took a few minutes in the show and that he was setting everything up for her return including the meeting and alliance with the sand snakes and confirming Dragonstone was empty, which they would have known about through ravens which Varys seems to have been sending back and forth the entire time.

On a separate note. Do we assume that Raeghar (sp?) Targarian (sp?) is definitely Jon Snow's father? If it was a abduction/rape, he's still a *******, so how much stronger is his claim? Or, was it a secret love and they were married or was the father someone else?
    That would be a central set of questions for the finality of the show, that presumably, the show writers may not completely know as we are now past the books and George R.R. Martin is no longer the source material, but a consultant.

I think it's safe to assume that in some way, whether it be true blood or ******* blood, he is a Targaryan.

Unlike Danny, he clearly burns, but then again I think she's the daughter of two parents with dragon blood, right?
    Dany is seeing the return of magic from old Valyria. The reason there are no dragons anymore is that the magic that supported their life died out. The theory there was that as she got closer to old Valyria (where the stonemen are now and where Jorah picked up his grey scale) that may have caused the magic to return and allowed the dragons to hatch and grow. Tyrion talks about how the dragons were as small as dogs in the waning era of the Targaryan rule and that's because the magic was disappearing in Westeros.

How about twins? Any chance that's what was whispered? That's my wife's theory. She's got this theory (while it's original to her, I'm sure others on the internet came up with the same thing) that there are three dragons and previously, originally the three Targaryons road in on three dragons, so she thinks that means there are three Targaryon children. Danny, Jon and possibly a twin sister. Maybe the girl that's with Bran, who's father was with Ned and saved Ned's life. Ned took one baby (Jon) and he took the other.
    Those theories seem as good as any. Another was that she whispered his true name in his ear. Another is that Tyrion was actually a ******* son of a Targaryan and that his mother was either raped or had a love child with Rhaegar (I believe it was Rhaegar) and that would make him the third dragon and no one knows and that would explain his deformities.

Not sure what I believe of all that but I do believe Jon is a Targaryan and a Stark (ice and fire) and therefore the rightful ruler of the north (Leanna was older than Ned) and of the Seven Kingdoms as he would have be Rhaegar's son (Dany is Aerys' daughter) and that his father and Leanna were secretly married because we do know he was in love with her (apparently everyone was).

I listened to The Ringer's Binge Mode podcast the last six weeks, and that's a daunting task as I probably used up 50 hours of my life on that, but they have used the show and the books to learn a lot of things and that was one of them. Varys' trip to Westeros was months long even though it only took a few minutes in the show and that he was setting everything up for her return including the meeting and alliance with the sand snakes and confirming Dragonstone was empty, which they would have known about through ravens which Varys seems to have been sending back and forth the entire time.

That would be a central set of questions for the finality of the show, that presumably, the show writers may not completely know as we are now past the books and George R.R. Martin is no longer the source material, but a consultant.

I think it's safe to assume that in some way, whether it be true blood or ******* blood, he is a Targaryan.

Dany is seeing the return of magic from old Valyria. The reason there are no dragons anymore is that the magic that supported their life died out. The theory there was that as she got closer to old Valyria (where the stonemen are now and where Jorah picked up his grey scale) that may have caused the magic to return and allowed the dragons to hatch and grow. Tyrion talks about how the dragons were as small as dogs in the waning era of the Targaryan rule and that's because the magic was disappearing in Westeros.

Those theories seem as good as any. Another was that she whispered his true name in his ear. Another is that Tyrion was actually a ******* son of a Targaryan and that his mother was either raped or had a love child with Rhaegar (I believe it was Rhaegar) and that would make him the third dragon and no one knows and that would explain his deformities.

Not sure what I believe of all that but I do believe Jon is a Targaryan and a Stark (ice and fire) and therefore the rightful ruler of the north (Leanna was older than Ned) and of the Seven Kingdoms as he would have be Rhaegar's son (Dany is Aerys' daughter) and that his father and Leanna were secretly married because we do know he was in love with her (apparently everyone was).
    interesting stuff. I don't read any blogs podcasts on this, walking dead or others, because typically I like to be surprised, and some of these guys are pretty good at predictions. The Tyrion thing is interesting, with his demon tail and all. Interesting if he's dragon blood as well.

So, the question is do they wait until the final season to reveal all, or do they give us clarity this season as to rulers and the like and next season is the battle with the white walkers? Maybe one of those freaky, blue eyed northern creatures will sit upon the iron throne.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I think they're hinting at the battle with the white walkers might be coming at the end of this season. That's pure speculation on my part although the army is clearly marching south and Brandon saw that. Also, I think, and this is my bias, that the show would end better with the resumption of a ruler rather than a battle with the white walkers.

Pure speculation, my thought is they'll end the show with someone plotting to kill whoever is named the true ruler, because the game of thrones never ends.

21. The Following 2 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Bran is the Night King

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information