Page 39 of 101 FirstFirst ... 29 37 38 39 40 41 49 89 ... LastLast

Thread: Is there not a Game of Thrones thread? *SPOILERS*

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    It's not about killing him. It's about how killing him will start a riot and through the kingdom into unrest, and how Cersei overplayed her hand and started the ultimate demise of the Lannister family. The storyline allows for a lot of things to set themselves up, such as giving others a shot at a weak king.
    It really only allows for one thing to be set up, and it's just wasted a lot of air time.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

It is a boring storyline to me too. I'm not a fan of the religious aspect of it however they're trying to show that people really do have more power than the few, rich elites if they band together and unite.

The Tyrells and what's left of the Lannisters seem afraid to stand up to the High Sparrow because he's won the support of the common people in a short time.

I'm pretty sure the Tyrell and Lannister army could wipe out the faith Militant pretty quickly but there could bean even bloodier revolt if they do.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    It is a boring storyline to me too. I'm not a fan of the religious aspect of it however they're trying to show that people really do have more power than the few, rich elites if they band together and unite.

The Tyrells and what's left of the Lannisters seem afraid to stand up to the High Sparrow because he's won the support of the common people in a short time.

I'm pretty sure the Tyrell and Lannister army could wipe out the faith Militant pretty quickly but there could bean even bloodier revolt if they do.
    At least something might happen.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

You guys beat me to it.

I'm over it too Mo

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I would have loved to see more of Blackfish and Riverrun (I think it's Riverrun). I don't think we've seen him since season 2.

I'd like to see both the High Sparrow and Ramsey Bolton get their throats cut tonight.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

SPOILER ALERT (sort of):

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    I'd like to see both the High Sparrow and Ramsey Bolton get their throats cut tonight.
    Not tonight. Episode 9 is "Battle of the ********"

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I never thought I'd be so happy to see Cersei be a bitch.

10. The Following 3 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

What was the rumor Cersei was having investigated?

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    What was the rumor Cersei was having investigated?
    I think they may be looking into the Sparrow's past.

13. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

This episode gets 200,000 style points.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    Y’all know I’m an OL Groupie but I think Jeudy is going to be worth missing out on a T, knock on wood.

15. The Following 2 Users High Fived Poet For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Loved this episode!

17. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Loved this episode!
    Glad they didn't leave the Arya thing over for one more episode, which I was afraid they were going to do.

I think the whole Brianne/Jamie relationship that they created is pretty cool. It will be interesting to see how many more times it will come into play and if there is any significant role it will play in the end.

19. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Glad they didn't leave the Arya thing over for one more episode, which I was afraid they were going to do.

I think the whole Brianne/Jamie relationship that they created is pretty cool. It will be interesting to see how many more times it will come into play and if there is any significant role it will play in the end.
    Nah, the pacing on this season has been slick as hell for the most part. In past seasons, the whole Hound story would have had him taking 3 episodes between the settlement slaying and his revenge just looking stoically over the landscape, walking, camping by a fire, then walking some more. This season they killed his friend and in the NEXT episode he chops a dudes head off and disembowels another from the crotch. Not only that he got to hang 2 more even though he wanted to slaughter him.

21. The Following 5 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information