Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: DRAFT Day Possibilities

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Default DRAFT Day Possibilities

Last year the Cowboys traded down from 18 to 31. They got a third rounder thrown to them in the move which according to the draft day trade chart would be a steel for the 49ers who pulled off the trade.

This year everyone is saying its a deep draft which would lead most to think trading down would be every teams first preference. Somehow I wouldnt be surprised to see The Duke go up the board.

At the same time, I wouldnt be surprised for the same reasons if we moved down.

Would we take a first rounder next year in exchange for a drop into the second round?

I think this is the first time in a while where I believe there are a number of real possibilitiies that seem plausible for Denver.

Can we go up and get Anthony Barr at around the 10 to 12 range?

What about Evans?

When Atlanta went up to get Julio, can we be on the table for something like that?

If the OTs and the QBs go on a run I can easily see Watkins dropping down to around 8 if one or two teams make some DUMB picks. We all know it happens every year.

Anthony Barr intrigues me as a WSLBer. If we moved Tre to the middle, where I think he would be just as effective, then we get yet another killer stand up LBer who can come off the edge.

The man has just begun to learn the position.

MAN that would be killer.

Denver has enough right now to truly take whoever they want imo.

Im looking forward to draft day.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

2. The Following 4 Users High Fived WARHORSE For This Post:

I keep saying that if there is a year to trade UP then it's this year. The past few drafts those who have been trading up at the end of the 1st about 10-12 slots or so have been getting a steal! If there is a player that we feel is going to make an impact RIGHT NOW and is a for sure homerun then lets do it! Not sure who that is or how far Elway would be willing to go but if the price is right and he has someone in mind then I could fully see us going up in the draft.

I really doubt this is the year we trade down and out of the 1st.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

4. The Following User High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

This is the year NOT to trade up in the first round. There is too much talent in this draft. At 31, the Broncos can get a guy that might go between 12-20 in some other drafts. One of the positions that the Broncos need some depth at is the deepest position in this draft- CB. There's going to be a mid first round corner talent at 31. If none of those guys drop as expected, another position will. This is the draft to stand pat or move down and grab a first round talent in the mid second along with picking up another third.

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    This is the year NOT to trade up in the first round. There is too much talent in this draft. At 31, the Broncos can get a guy that might go between 12-20 in some other drafts. One of the positions that the Broncos need some depth at is the deepest position in this draft- CB. There's going to be a mid first round corner talent at 31. If none of those guys drop as expected, another position will. This is the draft to stand pat or move down and grab a first round talent in the mid second along with picking up another third.
    I cant say as I disagree, but to your point there will also be guys in the 12-20 area that might go 5-11 in others as well.

I just see a lot of possibles in this draft for us.....including picking at 31.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

Adopted Bronco:
    KJ Hamler

Unless someone unexpected falls to us at #31, I can just as easily see them trading out of round one for more picks. Especially if some teams picking early in the 2nd round want to move back into the 1st round for a QB they like.

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived Traveler For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by Traveler View Post
    Unless someone unexpected falls to us at #31, I can just as easily see them trading out of round one for more picks. Especially if some teams picking early in the 2nd round want to move back into the 1st round for a QB they like.
    This is my guess. Deep draft. Get more picks .

11. The Following 3 Users High Fived NightTerror218 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Unless you can get one of the elite players trading up in this draft seems counterintuitive to me, usually I'm all for trading up and completely disgusted by trading back. Can't say it'd bother me if they did trade up tho.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

13. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

I think there will be one of the 1st round players the FO likes at 31. I don't know who it will be, but there are always like 60+ players with a first round grade and 30 or so players with a top 20 grade. There will be someone there.

I don't know how this year's supposed "depth" is helpful for the Broncos. Denver desperately needs to fill that gaping hole at LB and I'm not sure how they're going to get one. Mosley will be gone before their pick in the first and Borland (who's small, and if Denver wanted that they could have kept Woodyard) will be gone before their pick in the second.

Below that am not sure what their options are really--but it doesn't seem like they're going to get a top guy at their biggest need. Missing on that in FA looks like a problem to me.

It seems like most mocks have Denver taking a guard in the first which to me kind of sucks. They need one but Manning makes his lines look good, so I'd rather have an early round LB than an early round guard.
    Last edited by tomjonesrocks; 04-19-2014 at 05:23 PM.

16. The Following User High Fived tomjonesrocks For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jake Plummer, Chris Harris Jr

Broncos need another cornerback that can actually play- Talib, Harris, and Webster are excellent but you need four good corners in today's NFL (is sticky man still on roster?) ...Second and Third would be for adding depth to Oline and LB.

I like Irving at MLB

Quote Originally Posted by wcben View Post
    Broncos need another cornerback that can actually play- Talib, Harris, and Webster are excellent but you need four good corners in today's NFL (is sticky man still on roster?) ...Second and Third would be for adding depth to Oline and LB.

I like Irving at MLB
    Carter was tendered--can't verify the round though. Haven't heard much about that since but I assumed he'd be pretty much locked up with that.
    Last edited by tomjonesrocks; 04-19-2014 at 10:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wcben View Post

I like Irving at MLB
    Which teams in the NFL have 4 good corners?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

The Broncos have basically the same CB core they had last year, though DRC-Talib is a downgrade imo, I wouldn't blame them at all if they drafted another.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    The Broncos have basically the same CB core they had last year, though DRC-Talib is a downgrade imo, I wouldn't blame them at all if they drafted another.
    Talib is coming g off a pro bowl season. DRC is not just a really good season to show he still has gas in tank. Talib is what 4 years younger as well. He took the deal DRC turned down.

Talib is a couple of months older than DRC...

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information