Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: DRAFT Day Possibilities

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

Signing Verner to the deal he got in tb would have made this a perfect haul. Talib is better than drc but he has yet to play a whole season

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    Signing Verner to the deal he got in tb would have made this a perfect haul. Talib is better than drc but he has yet to play a whole season
    He played as many games as DRC did this year.

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    Verner is a very good zone corner. He doesn't fit what Del Rio does when he has a healthy D.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by NightTerror218 View Post
    Talib is coming g off a pro bowl season. DRC is not just a really good season to show he still has gas in tank. Talib is what 4 years younger as well. He took the deal DRC turned down.
    I just don't think Talib is on same level, I could be wrong.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

Quote Originally Posted by pipes View Post
    Talib is a couple of months older than DRC...
    For so e reason I was thinking DRC was 30.

We wont trade down this year. Sorry just have a feeling thats not happening. Plus the benifit of drafting in the 1st vs the 2nd is the 5th year option.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

This is my guess. Deep draft. Get more picks .
    Except that everybody else is thinking the same thing. In that case you actually lose draft position to make the trade and move down -- i.e. you don't get as much as your pick is worth in draft points.

Probably the best thing to do is just sit tight and take whoever is available as you pick. A deep draft means someone at #31 will be there who will fit your needs and be an impact player.

It's only when it's a bad draft class outside the top 10-15 and you're drafting 2nd round talent in the 1st round (and paying them 1st round money) that you need to move down. Unless you're Josh McDaniels of course and then you just jump around like an idiot for no good reason at all, which is why they don't let him near a draft board in NE.

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Talib is coming g off a pro bowl season. DRC is not just a really good season to show he still has gas in tank. Talib is what 4 years younger as well. He took the deal DRC turned down.
    Talib is getting a lot more money. 6 years, $57M, including $27M guaranteed. Talib is a better run defender, more sure tackler, and is younger. DRC got 5 years, $39M, with the Giants. No way the Broncos were ever going to offer him $57M.

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Talib is getting a lot more money. 6 years, $57M, including $27M guaranteed. Talib is a better run defender, more sure tackler, and is younger. DRC got 5 years, $39M, with the Giants. No way the Broncos were ever going to offer him $57M.
    Except they did. Well, it was $54 million, and obviously the guaranteed part is the only important part, but the Broncos valued DRC as a top corner in the same way they valued Talib. I think that Talib, if healthy, will ultimately be better and he's clearly more physical, but let's not re-write history as far as DRC is concerned:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...-run-at-revis/

As the source explains it, DRC declined to accept a deal believed to be worth $54 million over six years.

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    Except that everybody else is thinking the same thing. In that case you actually lose draft position to make the trade and move down -- i.e. you don't get as much as your pick is worth in draft points.

Probably the best thing to do is just sit tight and take whoever is available as you pick. A deep draft means someone at #31 will be there who will fit your needs and be an impact player.

It's only when it's a bad draft class outside the top 10-15 and you're drafting 2nd round talent in the 1st round (and paying them 1st round money) that you need to move down. Unless you're Josh McDaniels of course and then you just jump around like an idiot for no good reason at all, which is why they don't let him near a draft board in NE.
    This I agree with. Trading down sounds like a fine idea unless everyone else has the same idea. Then the value isn't there. Someone will be there at 31 that we want, but there are too many factors to really guess who that is at this point. I say they stand pat unless there's no one they think is worth a first round pick left at 31, in which case I could see them at least attempting to trade down. But it's not a given, not this year.

i have a feeling we trade up
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

14. The Following User High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Stay at 31...best DB available

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Stay at 31...best DB available
    This is pretty much what I'm thinking at this point, especially after the Franklin to LG move. A lot of good CB and S in the early part of this draft, and someone we like should be there.

18. The Following User High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

I have no real idea what is on the Broncos draft board (I'm sure they like it that way), but I have tried to mock with a few of the mock simulation boards and each time, I can see situations where we could trade down into the upper second and still get a guy we'd want. If we can parlay 1-31 into a mid-second (8-12) and a mid-to-low 3rd, how would you feel about that? Two guys in the second and two guys in the 3rd can fill some holes.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Default DRAFT Day Possibilities

If someone like Mosely slips to the 20s (which isn't unheard of with MLBs being more undervalued in a passing league) I can see is trying to trade up to get him.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information