Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: How many continents are there on planet earth?

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by dbfan2007 View Post
    Many countries do use American textbooks.
    Slick's friend isn't American, he's Mexican (or at least educated at a Mexican University). Does that de-validate his point of view?
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    Slick's friend isn't American, he's Mexican (or at least educated at a Mexican University). Does that de-validate his point of view?
    Yes
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

3. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

Have any of you that say it has to be 7 because that's what your taught in American school ever considered the possibility that the American way of doing things isn't the only way.
    It's 7 because that's what they teach us and they never taught us anything wrong....ever!

slikck I have always understood it to be 7... south americal, north America, Europe, Africa, Austrailia, Antarctica, Asia,

6. The Following User High Fived BroncoNut For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    Yes
    How did I know you're going to respond like that
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

8. The Following User High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

OB

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by dbfan2007 View Post
    Many countries do use American textbooks.
    But not all.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

How did I know you're going to respond like that
    It's pretty interesting to learn that students in other countries are being lied to about stuff like this. I had no idea.

11. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

OB

I think OBs post explains it fairly well. I guess it depends on where you went to school. I can see where they would want to combine North and South America because the only thing that separates them is the Panama Canal.

AZ, good point about Africa/Asia. I think the only thing that separates them is the Suez Canal. I'd have to look at a map to confirm. I was trying to do this by memory.

My Argentinian spanish tutor used to get mad when I or someone else called me an American. Many mexicans call us Americanos. She would say we're Americans too (speaking about Argentina) She would say the correct way to describe my nationality was Estado Unidense ( United Statesian)

13. The Following User High Fived Slick For This Post:

OB

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    It's pretty interesting to learn that students in other countries are being lied to about stuff like this. I had no idea.
    I bet North Korean kids don't know there are seven. Eastern Europe may say six, but they are a backwater anyways, and they eat too much cabbage. The Russians probably cooked that Eurasia stuff up to justify some cockamamie Russian theory regarding their right and destiny to rule the continent. Never mind its two continents.
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

I find that a stupid argument that they are making because the suez or panama canal. We may as well just say that there is only 1 continent then. Because back in the day Pangaea was the one and only continent. However as the plate tectonics have slid over the millions of years the land masses have drifted apart into 7 major land masses or continents. Saying there are less then 7 is having it both ways.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

Quote Originally Posted by Dreadnought View Post
    I bet North Korean kids don't know there are seven. Eastern Europe may say six, but they are a backwater anyways, and they eat too much cabbage. The Russians probably cooked that Eurasia stuff up to justify some cockamamie Russian theory regarding their right and destiny to rule the continent. Never mind its two continents.
    I'm sure the Chinese are cooking up their own single continent theory for the great unification.

17. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

But not all.
    Right. But the majority rules.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

It makes him already an American if you believe Joe Biden.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    only Von

I learned there were 7: North America, South America, Europe, Asia, Africa, Antarctica, Australia.

Have any of you that say it has to be 7 because that's what your taught in American school ever considered the possibility that the American way of doing things isn't the only way.
    Get out of here you damn commie.

21. The Following User High Fived aberdien For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    Then he told me the highest mountain peak in the Americas was in Veracruz.
    I actually get the four continent thing....but this...wut?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

23. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information