Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Broncos Mailbag: Denver's QB of the future? Peyton Manning (seriously)

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I really dont think we will see him leave without at least seeing him in some kind of action one way or the other. Just wouldnt make a lot of sense and the FO here doesnt really strike me as pulling a McDaniels.

2. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    I really dont think we will see him leave without at least seeing him in some kind of action one way or the other. Just wouldnt make a lot of sense and the FO here doesnt really strike me as pulling a McDaniels.
    It wouldn't really be "pulling a McDaniels" if Brock decides he wants to test the market instead of signing an extension. He's free to do that and there is nothing we could do about it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    It wouldn't really be "pulling a McDaniels" if Brock decides he wants to test the market instead of signing an extension. He's free to do that and there is nothing we could do about it.
    Wave...come on man. What market is Brock going to test? He doesnt even have a resume yet. Do you really believe some team would offer him more money based on nothing? The only way i could see Brock checking out of Denver is if Elway and company draft a 1st round QB in the next two years.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Wave...come on man. What market is Brock going to test? He doesnt even have a resume yet. Do you really believe some team would offer him more money based on nothing? The only way i could see Brock checking out of Denver is if Elway and company draft a 1st round QB in the next two years.
    Matt Flynn says hello.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

6. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Like I said, what if Manning goes down for a few games and Brock lights it up during them? It just took Matt Flynn one monster game to get a huge deal from another team. This isn't an unprecedented thing.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Matt Flynn says hello.
    I already addressed that. Flynn at least played and started some games. Try harder.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Like I said, what if Manning goes down for a few games and Brock lights it up during them? It just took Matt Flynn one monster game to get a huge deal from another team. This isn't an unprecedented thing.
    Yea, but thats not what is being insinuated here. What was being said was that Brock would either leave or be dumped without even playing/starting a single game.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Yea, but thats not what is being insinuated here. What was being said was that Brock would either leave or be dumped without even playing/starting a single game.
    Except that's not what I'm saying. I'm giving a scenario in which it would be possible for Brock to bolt Denver before Manning leaves.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

I already addressed that. Flynn at least played and started some games. Try harder.
    He started two games when he signed a $60 million contract.

And you never have to look further than the draft. Every one of those first round quarterbacks signs big contracts without ever doing anything. I don't see why Osweiler wouldn't have contract offers if he decided to go that route.

Someone, somewhere would pay for both Osweiler and Mallett.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

I think Brock knows that presently his best chance to succeed is to study hard under Manning, hopefully impress the coaches and Elway (keep his fingers crossed no more HOF QBs become free agents) and stay with Denver. I think there will be teams prepared to take a chance on Brock, i just dont see any drive on his part to leave (unless they are talking silly money which i doubt they would be as he is so unproven)

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Except that's not what I'm saying. I'm giving a scenario in which it would be possible for Brock to bolt Denver before Manning leaves.
    I wasnt talking about your scenario, i was talking about the original scenario. Of course your scenario makes sense that wasnt what was being discussed.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    He started two games when he signed a $60 million contract.

And you never have to look further than the draft. Every one of those first round quarterbacks signs big contracts without ever doing anything. I don't see why Osweiler wouldn't have contract offers if he decided to go that route.

Someone, somewhere would pay for both Osweiler and Mallett.

Its different with first round QB's, always has been . No way someone is going to throw 60 mil at Brock or Ryan based off sitting on the bench. No way in hell.

I'd like to see some serious competition between Brock and Zac Dysert during spring training, training camp and pre-season.

I saw Osweiler play at ASU but maybe there was more to see ?
    Elway may know more about Os than we do, Mr. Elway spent a lot of time on campus here watching him.
    Os was Mr. Elway's son's roommate while Jack was here at ASU.
    Os was drafted ahead of Russel Wilson, so...... ?

Zac broke all of Big Ben's school career passing attempts, completions, and yardage records at Miami (OH).

While neither QB can claim a stellar college career, Os had a better team to work with and didn't fare well.

All I'm saying is give Zac a chance to compete for back-up QB, perhaps he may surprise some of us.
    Zac was a late round draft pick but so was Tom Brady.

16. The Following User High Fived Az Snake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

If Zac Dysert ever becomes a pleasant surprise you trade his ass for whatever you can get.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Az Snake View Post

While neither QB can claim a stellar college career, Os had a better team to work with and didn't fare well.
    Oz also faced better competition than Zac.

19. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information