Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7

Thread: Stabbing at PA High School

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    I think ADD or ADHD is a severely overused cop out. Most kids don't like to sit down, shut up and pay attention. They get squirly or talk in class. There is less music or PE classes in school to break up the monotony of the school day. Kids are living in an increasing, instant gratification type of world with less and less discipline. Their parents are sometimes working two jobs. Kids are lucky if thy even have 2 parents in the home anymore.

It's easy to give them a pill and blame it on some "disease".

This is not meant to insult anyone who has kids or who is a single parent, it is purely my opinion.
    ADD is real. I have it. Does make it difficult to concentrate on one thing, and takes me a bit longer to get through tests. But as i got older, i learned how to control it on my own without medication.

But your right that people do get over prescribed on the wrong meds. Even with me being ADD, i refuse to use those meds, because they screwed with my weight and made me exhausted coming off them. The stuff is Speed.

Even with that said, Speed will not make someone go kill classmates. SSRI's do.

2. The Following User High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

I also believe 80-90% of ADHD/add cases these days are lazy diagnosis by parents/teacher/doctors. They just don't want to deal/discipline their bratty kids. I'm a spanking mom- my family is a spanking family (agree or disagree its who we are) so that wasn't an issue
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    More Americans have been killed by New England Patriots players than by Ebola.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived OB For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by dbfan2007 View Post
    It's partially the culture. No one wants to raise their kids. They put pressure on teachers to raise everyone's kids and then tie their hands so they can't do anything. There needs to be more discipline. People need to respect each other and human life in general. But you can't do anything without offending anyone.
    No joke. No one wants to correct someone else's kid for fear of offending some other parent or by thinking it's someone else's problem. Sometimes the parent isn't even there. Rare to find the adult willing to say, 'hey, that's wrong. stop it.'
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information