Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Stabbing at PA High School

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Quote Originally Posted by orangenblue420 View Post
    And we all know I am very pro gun but I think its a silly argument to pit guns vs knives in a situation like this - if this young man had a gun instead of a knife there would have been 20 or more dead people vs injured people. But IMO this has nothing to do with a psycho's weapon of choice - we need to find out why this kid did what he did (and IMO what Rx drugs he was on) and figure out the warning signs are so that parents and teachers can try and fix the problem before it gets to this.
    Not so sure about that - the kid was running through the hallways stabbing people (based on preliminary reports). The first gun shot would have alerted everyone to take shelter.

2. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

Well I beg to differ. I Shot an AR15 this weekend and if I walked into a crowded hall it would take me about 10-20 seconds to unload the clip (holds 30) and I'm pretty sure there would be a good number of dead people before most even knew what was happening.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    More Americans have been killed by New England Patriots players than by Ebola.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived OB For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I think either scenario is pretty bad. The end result is people are hurt no matter by knife or by gun. One could make an argument (if they really wanted too) that dying by a gunshot is quicker than getting jabbed in the neck and choking on your own blood. Neither sounds really appealing to me honestly.

I did read though that the young man responsible may have been a victim of bullying. If so, im not shocked by his actions.

6. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Well I beg to differ. I Shot an AR15 this weekend and if I walked into a crowded hall it would take me about 10-20 seconds to unload the clip (holds 30) and I'm pretty sure there would be a good number of dead people before most even knew what was happening.
    I can't dispute that - certainly there are assault/automatic weapons out there that could have done more damage. My initial thought was as soon as shots are fired, people would be aware of what was happening.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

What sucks is that its happening more and more - its an awful feeling to send your kids to school not knowing whether or not they're safe these days - it shouldnt be like that

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

What sucks is that its happening more and more - its an awful feeling to send your kids to school not knowing whether or not they're safe these days - it shouldnt be like that
    Well, according to a couple of people this shit has been going on for years.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

all you gotta do is make sure your kids treat everyone with respect and do not bully the kids who get bullied by everyone.

Its like this

11. The Following 2 Users High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of..._United_States

It has but its definitely on the rise over the past few years

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

I would stab some of you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived slim For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

The NRA will be pleased.....finally an incident where they will not be demonised.

Your second amendment is a really point of interest for me and many non-americans. I think this is a good example of how it is not the weapon that is important, it is the beliefs and behaviours of an individual that needs to be addressed.

16. The Following 4 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

Quote Originally Posted by slim View Post
    I would stab some of you.
    We love you too slim

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

We love you too slim
    Thanks. You have always been nice to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

19. The Following User High Fived slim For This Post:

OB

It's partially the culture. No one wants to raise their kids. They put pressure on teachers to raise everyone's kids and then tie their hands so they can't do anything. There needs to be more discipline. People need to respect each other and human life in general. But you can't do anything without offending anyone.

21. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Prescription drugs are worse than street drugs
    What makes you say that?

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by daveaitken18 View Post
    The NRA will be pleased.....finally an incident where they will not be demonised.

Your second amendment is a really point of interest for me and many non-americans. I think this is a good example of how it is not the weapon that is important, it is the beliefs and behaviours of an individual that needs to be addressed.
    And what would you say about the astronomical gun violence statistics in America compared to other developed nations? How does your theory account for those?

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information