Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Stabbing at PA High School

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Default Stabbing at PA High School

DEVELOPING: Twenty students were wounded — four seriously — at a high school near Pittsburgh and one person is in custody early Wednesday, emergency officials say.

Dan Stevens, a spokeswoman for Westmoreland County emergency management, told FoxNews.com that the male suspect is in custody following the incident at Franklin Regional High School in Murrysville, roughly 15 miles east of Pittsburgh.
    http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/04/09...lvania-school/

Adopted Bronco:

Damn guns!

3. The Following 2 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Jake Plummer, Chris Harris Jr

At my old Jr high school I read two kids got arrested for selling "THC" candies but when tested were found to have traces of methamphetamine. smh.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by wcben View Post
    At my old Jr high school I read two kids got arrested for selling "THC" candies but when tested were found to have traces of methamphetamine. smh.
    Similar problem in some local high schools in my area. Kids are buying LSD...only it's not the old fashioned LSD. Apparently it has some new chemicals in it and kids are dropping like flies

Adopted Bronco:
    Jake Plummer, Chris Harris Jr

Better off buying local cannabis and know what you're getting- that should be the message

7. The Following 3 Users High Fived wcben For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Holy crap. The scary thing is most of these killers are on some prescription anti depressant. Not sure if that is causative or just that tons of kids are on meds

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dzone For This Post:

Oh ffs...this is ridiculous. How does a kid stab 20 kids and no one was able to stop it??? Hate to say it...but that resource officer should have just shot the person. Limit the number of injuries and casualties by taking out the threat.

11. The Following 4 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dzone View Post
    Holy crap. The scary thing is most of these killers are on some prescription anti depressant. Not sure if that is causative or just that tons of kids are on meds
    That's because the schools would rather a parent medicate than deal with the actual problem. Now we are seeing the effects of a growing mind being stimulated with those drugs.

13. The Following 4 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Prescription drugs are worse than street drugs

15. The Following 5 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Prescription drugs are worse than street drugs
    They have a drug for everything. And the 5 side effects of the drug sound a hell of a lot worse than...your kid won't sit still, he just stands up in the middle of class and walks to the pencil sharpener. That's why they wanted to stick one of my boys on ridilin. They threatened to call CPS on me for neglect if I didn't. I gave them 6 months, he lasted about 3, begged me to take him off of the shit, and I then told the school to suck a fat one.

17. The Following 3 Users High Fived GEM For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Damn guns!
    Doing your best Tned impression this morning?

19. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by wcben View Post
    Good grief. All this stuff going on makes me glad we decided to home school.

21. The Following User High Fived Mike For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Knives should be banned! or at least make people who own them wear a monitoring bracelet

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    They have a drug for everything. And the 5 side effects of the drug sound a hell of a lot worse than...your kid won't sit still, he just stands up in the middle of class and walks to the pencil sharpener. That's why they wanted to stick one of my boys on ridilin. They threatened to call CPS on me for neglect if I didn't. I gave them 6 months, he lasted about 3, begged me to take him off of the shit, and I then told the school to suck a fat one.
    Agreed - I was in the principals office everyday because my son "wouldnt sit still" so I took him to the doc and we started him on ritalin (i think he was around 7 or 8) the first lowest dose was OK - but then his tolerance increased so they increase the dosage and he becomes a zombie (which I guess is the desired effect for the teachers) but it changed him and I didnt like it - even his sister who he annoyed the living piss out of didnt like him on the meds and the way it changed him. Took him off and never looked back. Granted I fully believe he had ADHD (every person that ever spent time with him can attest to this) but it ran in his family - his dad's side are a bunch of whack jobs upstairs - but its just something we learned to work with. His 4th grade teacher was the best - she would allow him to get up and walk around the room when he just couldnt sit any longer as long as he didnt disturb the other kids.

He is no longer hyper although I do think he still has ADD issues but he has a good job with the County and is doing great at 21
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    More Americans have been killed by New England Patriots players than by Ebola.

24. The Following 2 Users High Fived OB For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

And we all know I am very pro gun but I think its a silly argument to pit guns vs knives in a situation like this - if this young man had a gun instead of a knife there would have been 20 or more dead people vs injured people. But IMO this has nothing to do with a psycho's weapon of choice - we need to find out why this kid did what he did (and IMO what Rx drugs he was on) and figure out the warning signs are so that parents and teachers can try and fix the problem before it gets to this.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    More Americans have been killed by New England Patriots players than by Ebola.

26. The Following User High Fived OB For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information