Poll: Josh McDaniels Worst Moment

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 17 of 27 FirstFirst ... 7 15 16 17 18 19 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll - A Golden Shower of Memories of the Josh McDaniels Era!

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    We have had the worst possible team situation with that tool.
    No, we didn't. This is absolute crazy talk. The 0-16 Lions had a worse team situation. The Browns who have not won a playoff game since coming back to Cleveland have had a worse situation. The Raiders last 12 years of futility is a worse situation. We were bad for literally one and a half seasons. The fact that you think the McD era was the worst possible situation a team could have shows how little perspective you have when it comes to other teams' situations.

2. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    The fact that you think the McD era was the worst possible situation a team could have shows how little perspective you have when it comes to other teams' situations.
    Not really.

The good news is that we just dont have an owner who is going to put up with that kind of shit for long. Had this team been run by someone like Al Davis or clubs like the Lions and Browns we would still be scraping the bottom of the division barrel. But again, thankfully we have a owner that saw the issue and took the opportunity to correct it before it got way out of hand and we ENDED up like the Lions or Browns. You just cant compare the other clubs to what happened with us because we just didnt have an owner who was going to let it get that bad.

4. The Following 3 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Sly Williams

Can we agree not to call it an "era"? I like "the Mcdaniels hickup" seems more fitting right?

6. The Following 3 Users High Fived SoCalImport For This Post:

Honestly, is there anyone who doesn't think that if given enough time McDaniels would have run the franchise into the ground?
    “If there are no animals in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went.” - Will Rogers (paraphrased)

Adopted Bronco:
    Patrick Surtain II

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    Honestly, is there anyone who doesn't think that if given enough time McDaniels would have run the franchise into the ground?
    He ran it into the ground. Make no mistake about that. Thank God we didn't stay there.
    2009 & 2020 Broncos Forums Pick'em King
    2011 & 2019 Broncos Forums Survival Football Champion

9. The Following 3 Users High Fived Canmore For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Not really.

The good news is that we just dont have an owner who is going to put up with that kind of shit for long. Had this team been run by someone like Al Davis or clubs like the Lions and Browns we would still be scraping the bottom of the division barrel. But again, thankfully we have a owner that saw the issue and took the opportunity to correct it before it got way out of hand and we ENDED up like the Lions or Browns. You just cant compare the other clubs to what happened with us because we just didnt have an owner who was going to let it get that bad.
    You just made my point for me. The fact that we have an owner like Bowlen is EXACTLY why our team wasn't in "the worst possible team situation" as atwater put it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by SoCalImport View Post
    Can we agree not to call it an "era"? I like "the Mcdaniels hickup" seems more fitting right?
    I like "Error", the Josh McDaniels Error.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

You just made my point for me. The fact that we have an owner like Bowlen is EXACTLY why our team wasn't in "the worst possible team situation" as atwater put it.
    Well no, the year or so that McDaniels was here was pretty bad dude. While its great that Bowlen took the trash out it doesnt change how crappy that year and a half was and it was a very poor situation for this team to be in. You cant just wipe it away and say its not the worst possible team situation because before McD was cut loose it was a very bad situation. And thankfully our owner didnt allow the guy to further destroy the team.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Well no, the year or so that McDaniels was here was pretty bad dude. While its great that Bowlen took the trash out it doesnt change how crappy that year and a half was and it was a very poor situation for this team to be in. You cant just wipe it away and say its not the worst possible team situation because before McD was cut loose it was a very bad situation. And thankfully our owner didnt allow the guy to further destroy the team.
    The 0-16 Lions team was a worse situation. The Raiders since their last SB appearance have been a worse situation. The Browns since returning to Cleveland is a worse situation. You are letting your McD hate blind you if you think the situation under him was worse than under those teams. The fact that it only lasted for a year and a half IS relevant. It shows that our roster wasn't nearly as bad off as many of you made it out to be. We've also found out that many of the players he got rid of (Cutler, Sheff, Hillis) weren't near the players Broncos fans thought they were. I'm not saying that last year under McD wasn't bad, but to say it was the worse NFL situation ever is hyperbole to an insane degree.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Not really.

If a person can't see that with McDaniels' continual public pissing contests with players and coaches, Spygate II, the lying, and the taking of his staff before Bowlen to dress them down after a lose show a very shallow understanding of just how bad things were. I don't recall hearing those kinds of things with the Lions or the Browns.

16. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    I like "Error", the Josh McDaniels Error.
    You're very witty.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by spikerman View Post
    Jrwiz thought McDaniels was doing a great job.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

The 0-16 Lions team was a worse situation. The Raiders since their last SB appearance have been a worse situation. The Browns since returning to Cleveland is a worse situation. You are letting your McD hate blind you if you think the situation under him was worse than under those teams. The fact that it only lasted for a year and a half IS relevant. It shows that our roster wasn't nearly as bad off as many of you made it out to be. We've also found out that many of the players he got rid of (Cutler, Sheff, Hillis) weren't near the players Broncos fans thought they were. I'm not saying that last year under McD wasn't bad, but to say it was the worse NFL situation ever is hyperbole to an insane degree.
    I think you're confusing me with someone else. I never said that Denver OVERALL was worse than the Lions or Browns. I said for that time period we were pretty damn pathetic and had it not been for Bowlen we quickly would of been on our way to being like the Lions or Browns. Two different things entirely. You can try to sugarcoat it all you want but there is clearly no doubt that the McDaniels tenure is one of the worst in Denver Bronco history since the team began having success in the late 70's. Even the Wade Phillips tenure wasnt nearly as bad as it was with McD and that was pretty bad.

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

No, we didn't. This is absolute crazy talk. The 0-16 Lions had a worse team situation. The Browns who have not won a playoff game since coming back to Cleveland have had a worse situation. The Raiders last 12 years of futility is a worse situation. We were bad for literally one and a half seasons. The fact that you think the McD era was the worst possible situation a team could have shows how little perspective you have when it comes to other teams' situations.
    Dude, you just liked your own post. The most beautiful thing about this golden showers for mcDouche thread is that it is the gift that keeps on giving. Every time it dies down for awhile, some random McDouche lover will come back in and make a lame attempt to try to defend him, which unleashes a glorious fresh torrent of golden showers upon him.

21. The Following User High Fived atwater27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    Dude, you just liked your own post. The most beautiful thing about this golden showers for mcDouche thread is that it is the gift that keeps on giving. Every time it dies down for awhile, some random McDouche lover will come back in and make a lame attempt to try to defend him, which unleashes a glorious fresh torrent of golden showers upon him.
    Nice dodge there. I'll take your evasion of my point as admittance that your "worst team situation ever" comment was a really stupid one.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information