Poll: Josh McDaniels Worst Moment

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 27 of 27 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27

Thread: Poll - A Golden Shower of Memories of the Josh McDaniels Era!

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

I don't remember 'spygate'.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Von Kinger View Post
    It's a good thing to win a playoff game. You play to win the game.
    Barf

#Barf
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

It’s 11 votes now!

I’ll take that as validation.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

He lost me forever with Cutler, especially after the revelation he lied to Cutlers face when privately asked about trade rumors, so our starting QB discovered the truth the same way as everyone else: By reading his morning paper. People can call Cutler a prima donna for expecting a coach to be straight with him, but I don't think "feeling entitled" to BASIC HONESTY all that presumptuous.

Team execs incessantly speak of the critical need to ensure everyone down to the waterboy is "high character," because that's the only way to get a whole roster of guys who buy in each and every moment of practice, film sessions and weight room time for underdog champions like 2015s. Likewise, we constantly hear how critical "leaders of men" are in coaching. Well, low leadership character's contagious too, and the kiss of death for every FA negotiation, because it's PRESUMED to be in bad faith.

The kicker? Further rumors McDumbass didn't just try to trade Cutler for his All Pro wubby Cassel, but to engineer a complex three-way trade with the Cheatriots AND the 0-16 Lions to get Cassel AND the #1 overall pick for a Pro Bowl alternate QB. No way to know if that was ever anything more than a rumor, since even if it was no one involved will ever admit it, but it's consistent with the Boy Wonder mentality that turned out to be: Not a prodigy, merely an enfant terrible.

A staggering quantity AND quality of bad character and judgement followed, with the lowest point probably being Steve Scarnecchia and his HC not only caught cheating a SECOND time, but en route to the NFLs second WORST record despite cheating. The one (weak) "argument" in favor of Spygate was its success, "earning" NE* a SB berth and the first perfect sixteen-game season; all it got McDumbass on his own was an 8 pt loss to a bad SF squad at a neutral site and a 4-12 record. Meanwhile, the "leader of men" continually met his continual coaching failures with nothing but profanity-filled rants at the media, his players and whoever was handy.

Yet, for my part, the wealth of subsequent As the Stomach Turns drama was just beating a dead Bronco: McDumbass showed his utter lack of wisdom and integrity before he'd even finished unloading his U-Haul, and there was no way to un-ring that bell. Still isn't: Just ask the Colts if a decades time was enough for him to "mature" into a decent human being. Belicheat handing that organization off to him once the wheels come off Tom Brady would be a fitting an end to their whole sorry saga.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

5. The Following 3 Users High Fived Joel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I don't remember 'spygate'.
    I had to google want was meant by spygate. I had forgotten the filming of the 9ers practice, and the BRONCOS/McDaniels getting fined each 50 grand.

Adopted Bronco:
    Always King87

Quote Originally Posted by Joel View Post
    He lost me forever with Cutler, especially after the revelation he lied to Cutlers face when privately asked about trade rumors, so our starting QB discovered the truth the same way as everyone else: By reading his morning paper. People can call Cutler a prima donna for expecting a coach to be straight with him, but I don't think "feeling entitled" to BASIC HONESTY all that presumptuous.

Team execs incessantly speak of the critical need to ensure everyone down to the waterboy is "high character," because that's the only way to get a whole roster of guys who buy in each and every moment of practice, film sessions and weight room time for underdog champions like 2015s. Likewise, we constantly hear how critical "leaders of men" are in coaching. Well, low leadership character's contagious too, and the kiss of death for every FA negotiation, because it's PRESUMED to be in bad faith.

The kicker? Further rumors McDumbass didn't just try to trade Cutler for his All Pro wubby Cassel, but to engineer a complex three-way trade with the Cheatriots AND the 0-16 Lions to get Cassel AND the #1 overall pick for a Pro Bowl alternate QB. No way to know if that was ever anything more than a rumor, since even if it was no one involved will ever admit it, but it's consistent with the Boy Wonder mentality that turned out to be: Not a prodigy, merely an enfant terrible.

A staggering quantity AND quality of bad character and judgement followed, with the lowest point probably being Steve Scarnecchia and his HC not only caught cheating a SECOND time, but en route to the NFLs second WORST record despite cheating. The one (weak) "argument" in favor of Spygate was its success, "earning" NE* a SB berth and the first perfect sixteen-game season; all it got McDumbass on his own was an 8 pt loss to a bad SF squad at a neutral site and a 4-12 record. Meanwhile, the "leader of men" continually met his continual coaching failures with nothing but profanity-filled rants at the media, his players and whoever was handy.

Yet, for my part, the wealth of subsequent As the Stomach Turns drama was just beating a dead Bronco: McDumbass showed his utter lack of wisdom and integrity before he'd even finished unloading his U-Haul, and there was no way to un-ring that bell. Still isn't: Just ask the Colts if a decades time was enough for him to "mature" into a decent human being. Belicheat handing that organization off to him once the wheels come off Tom Brady would be a fitting an end to their whole sorry saga.
    I sent McDaniels a thank you card and chocolates for ridding the BRONCOS of Culter.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Nomad For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Nomad View Post
    I sent McDaniels a thank you card and chocolates for ridding the BRONCOS of Culter.
    Whether or not dumping Cutler was a good move (and anyone who prefers Orton to Cutler is loopy or Josh McDaniels, though there was no need to say it twice) that was absolutely the wrong and worst way to do it. Talk about "losing the locker room;" who'd want to keep playing for a coach that sleazy? What FAs would want to sign with his team? The answer to both questions is "no one but guys so bad they've exhausted all other possible options."

McDumbass didn't just make us the league laughingstock—though he certainly DID do that—he made us cellar-dwelling Cheatriots. And it all started with his brilliant three-way wheeling and dealing to snag a supposed franchise QB and the #1 overall draft pick for Cutler, while lying to his face when asked man to man. It's how we replaced him with Orton as our starting QB, and how we got a 1st round pick to spend on the guy who replaced Orton. Driving Cutler out of town was only a good thing if driving out everyone who followed him was, and that was a loooot of starting players.
    Oh, valid point. I thought you meant all starters, you should take the time to be more descriptive, don't be shy. Jaded

Never confuse frustrated candor and disloyal malice.
    Love can't be coerced. —Me

10. The Following 2 Users High Fived Joel For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information