Poll: Josh McDaniels Worst Moment

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 22 of 27 FirstFirst ... 12 20 21 22 23 24 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll - A Golden Shower of Memories of the Josh McDaniels Era!

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Most teams would because Manning is just THAT good. But, i also believe that having guys like Elway and Fox surrounding talents like Cutler and Marshall would of paid big dividends for the team.
    Maybe so, but if Cutler wouldn't have been shipped out there's no telling what would have happened with the coaching staff, etc. going forward. Josh may very well have stilll sank the ship, but there's no telling how that would have affected the timing of everything else, and how long it would have taken for him to sink said ship.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Al Wilson 4 Mayor For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Maybe so, but if Cutler wouldn't have been shipped out there's no telling what would have happened with the coaching staff, etc. going forward. Josh may very well have stilll sank the ship, but there's no telling how that would have affected the timing of everything else, and how long it would have taken for him to sink said ship.
    Exactly. If McDaniels had not shipped Cutler he might have actually been successful. I'm not sure what you're getting at with your mention of coaching staff. McDaniels couldn't get along with them any better than he did with his players. Having a good coaching staff is important but it's not nearly as important as the talent that is put on the field because the talent on the field will more times than not make or break a head coach.

4. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    Very true but i also think Denver got extremely lucky when we were able to woo Peyton here. At the time i was really surprised he came here, not because its not a great organization but because at the time there was so much youth and there were other teams (SF) that were more ready for a SB run. But credit J & J for being able to get this team back to winning and being a playoff calibur team despite the youth. But had Denver not gotten Manning im not so sure we would be where we are in terms of making the SB, etc. Manning is just a whole other beast when it comes to QB's and while guys like Jay or maybe even Brock have potential they just arent quite there yet.

6. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by TXBRONC View Post
    Exactly. If McDaniels had not shipped Cutler he might have actually been successful. I'm not sure what you're getting at with your mention of coaching staff. McDaniels couldn't get along with them any better than he did with his players. Having a good coaching staff is important but it's not nearly as important as the talent that is put on the field because the talent on the field will more times than not make or break a head coach.
    I think he means that McD may of still been here if Jay would have stayed. I mean, out of Jay, Orton, and Timmy i think its safe to say Jay is a much better QB despite his other flaws. Perhaps with Jay McD might of been able to buy himself more time and i think that is what AL is saying in terms of getting Fox here, etc.

8. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

McDaniels continues to build on his legacy!
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

10. The Following 7 Users High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

I'm glad I didn't vote! I can now write in "The time he ****** another team worse than us!"

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived wayninja For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Sammy Winder

I read this morning that he told Indy to take their offer and shove it.
    Maybe he knows something about Belichick's future that we don't.
    Or maybe he just can't let go of Uncle Bill's apron strings...;-)

I wonder if Kraft would actually hire him if Bill left.

What's hilarious, he took two years to completely eff us over. He did it to the Colts in a couple of days.

Adopted Bronco:
    Meck

Quote Originally Posted by EastCoastBronco View Post
    I read this morning that he told Indy to take their offer and shove it.
    Maybe he knows something about Belichick's future that we don't.
    Or maybe he just can't let go of Uncle Bill's apron strings...;-)

I wonder if Kraft would actually hire him if Bill left.
    JMD better hope so. It's not looking likely that many teams will want to extend an offer after that burn.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

I’m sure Kraft told him he’d be the guy after Belichick. It will be flipping awesome if he instead gets someone like Saban and Joshie is out on his ass.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

Quote Originally Posted by HORSEPOWER 56 View Post
    I’m sure Kraft told him he’d be the guy after Belichick. It will be flipping awesome if he instead gets someone like Saban and Joshie is out on his ass.
    If he doesn't get the pats job, he just committed career suicide. He'll be an assistant for some college team if he ever tries to leave New England.

18. The Following User High Fived Freyaka For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    What's hilarious, he took two years to completely eff us over. He did it to the Colts in a couple of days.

20. The Following 4 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    God I adore that woman. She is a national treasure.

McDaniels made Tom Cable look like Tom Landry. That was with Jason Campbell. Even I was offended.

Adopted Bronco:
    Josey Jewell

I don't know what McDaniels is doing now, and I don't care. But he will always be a cancer to
    my memory. McDaniels damaged the Broncos in every way so badly that, if it weren't for the
    entrance of Elway, Manning, and Von Miller, we still would be reeling from it.

I don't hate him. I don't hate anybody, I don't think. But neither can I stand to look at him,
    to listen to him. When the camera panned to him during the Super Bowl, all the memories
    popped up and re-haunted me. Whenever the Patriots come to Denver, I think he ought to be
    required to pay admission.
    Though He slay me, I will trust in Him . . . (Job 13:15)

24. The Following 5 Users High Fived topscribe For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information