Poll: Josh McDaniels Worst Moment

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 2 of 27 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Poll - A Golden Shower of Memories of the Josh McDaniels Era!

Adopted Bronco:

I have to go with the Tebow pick. I suppose I can understand the issues with Cutler and in hindsight...he hasnt really turned into much anyway. I can also understand not having much time to prepare for his first draft and the cluster**** that turned into. Long snappers? Who gives a shit?

But when you end up in that corner and your team needs a QB to begin it's transition into something new...you have to do your homework and find the best option. If not for Elway luring Manning, this team would still be feeling the effects of the Tebow pick and God only knows what position we'd be in right now. Now...it's not like any of the other options have turned out to be anything either (Clausen, McCoy, etc), but that first round pick could have been packaged for something the following year or for a solid back up that was blocked. I think he jumped the gun and made a decision that could have hurt this organization for a long time.

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

I still think he was secretly sent here by the patriots to **** us over as hard as possible and then go back to Bellychick
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    More Americans have been killed by New England Patriots players than by Ebola.

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived OB For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    I have to go with the Tebow pick. I suppose I can understand the issues with Cutler and in hindsight...he hasnt really turned into much anyway. I can also understand not having much time to prepare for his first draft and the cluster**** that turned into. Long snappers? Who gives a shit?

But when you end up in that corner and your team needs a QB to begin it's transition into something new...you have to do your homework and find the best option. If not for Elway luring Manning, this team would still be feeling the effects of the Tebow pick and God only knows what position we'd be in right now. Now...it's not like any of the other options have turned out to be anything either (Clausen, McCoy, etc), but that first round pick could have been packaged for something the following year or for a solid back up that was blocked. I think he jumped the gun and made a decision that could have hurt this organization for a long time.
    I am persuaded if McDaniels would have just let the Goodman's do there job the first draft would have been just fine.

As Elway said it himself... "you don't trade away a Cutler."

From the moment he lied about NOT trying to trade for Matt Cassle that we had a coach that was COMPLETELY in over his head. He didn't know that his lil secret would hit the media, and then tried to blame everyone else and the "I just answered the phone" BS (as if teams ask if you are willing to trade away your 23 yrd old, first round pick, pro-bowl QB). That guy was such a twirp... man I hate that guy.
    Last edited by Ravage!!!; 04-08-2014 at 10:13 AM.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I am persuaded if McDaniels would have just let the Goodman's do there job the first draft would have been just fine.
    I agree. But let's be honest. Tell me ANY coach that would walk into a new gig and not want to be a part of the process of bringing players in. I know I would have wanted to be involved. And it's not like there have been stories since then that say McD threw his weight around and selected players no one else wanted. Even if there were...I'd have a hard time believing it because Moreno, Ayers and Smith were highly rated prospects and if they had panned out to the positive...no one would be saying anything.

I'm not defending him by any means, but it's not like he drafted guys with 7th round projections.

9. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

What was taht TE's name that he drafted???
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

I'm not defending him by any means, but it's not like he drafted guys with 7th round projections.
    No...but Tebow was pretty close.

12. The Following 3 Users High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Wow what memories. Looking back at that makes the present day scenario even sweeter. Mcdaniels was a disaster but we bounced back fast

The only problem with that poll was there was no "all of the above" choice. I was torn. Each of those items was a real low-life moment for me. If you love the Broncos it's painful to be ashamed of the team because of an evil, evil little toad as coach. Those years were not fun for me.

I got banned from the official Broncos site during that era because I wouldn't back down from calling McMoron by his rightful name. I know intellectually that Belichek didn't really send him here as a mole to destroy the Broncos organization, but it certainly FEELS that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    As Elway said it himself... "you don't trade away a Cutler."

From the moment he lied about NOT trying to trade for Matt Cassle that we had a coach that was COMPLETELY in over his head. He didn't know that his lil secret would hit the media, and then tried to blame everyone else and the "I just answered the phone" BS (as if teams ask if you are willing to trade away your 23 yrd old, first round pick, pro-bowl QB). That guy was such a twirp... man I hate that guy.
    Pretty much all of that. Lack of integrity is the kiss of death in sports. Players can stand losing, what nobody wants is to work for a lying weasel who can't listen to anybody, is constantly feuding with people because he's so thin-skinned, and will blame everybody around him for his mistakes.

In short, he had all Belichek's worst attributes of arrogance and dishonesty without any of Bill's brains or ability.

15. The Following 3 Users High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Dzone View Post
    Wow what memories. Looking back at that makes the present day scenario even sweeter. Mcdaniels was a disaster but we bounced back fast
    We bounced back because of one man. John Elway. He hired Fox who is the opposite of McMoron, a quiet unassuming and humble man who has great integrity. And that in turn made it possible for Peyton Manning to come here. Then suddenly, Denver went from a total laughing stock of the NFL and a dying plague ship of an organization that FAs wanted to avoid, to the place to be for FAs. You notice the success Denver has had in signing guys and getting real use out of them. Last year notably Pot Roast and DRC. This season signing Ward, Aqib Talib and DeMarcus Ware.Those guys all have other places they could have gone. They chose the Broncos because Denver is the best team in the AFC and because the Broncos organization is classy all the way from the top down.

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Basically, in order to evaluate a SB team player personnel directors grade players into A - Elite, B - Solid Starter C - Role Player, D - filler. A team generally needs 6-10 elite players who are impact players considered All-Pro or among the best at their positions, and some on both sides of the ball.

The problem with the Broncos in 2013 is that almost all their real A players were on offense, and they lost their 2nd best, Ryan Clady. Outside of Von Miller who was suspended and ineffective there was no guy who opposing offenses had to worry about "where is he lined up."

Now there are potentially four such guys, just on defense. That change in culture would never have been possible under McMoron because top flight FAs like Talib and Ware would never have signed here.

Adopted Bronco:

No...but Tebow was pretty close.
    Which is why I voted for that option

20. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

What was taht TE's name that he drafted???
    "Quinn! You get over here!"

22. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    "Quinn! You get over here!"
    That's right..that's his name. Man, I reember having to look that name up after hearing it and going...."wtf?" (who, not what)

24. The Following 2 Users High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

I agree. But let's be honest. Tell me ANY coach that would walk into a new gig and not want to be a part of the process of bringing players in. I know I would have wanted to be involved. And it's not like there have been stories since then that say McD threw his weight around and selected players no one else wanted. Even if there were...I'd have a hard time believing it because Moreno, Ayers and Smith were highly rated prospects and if they had panned out to the positive...no one would be saying anything.

I agree...I think he just drafted off of Mayock's board. I got the impression he micromanaged the process because the Goodman's were let go shortly after the draft.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information