Poll: Guilty or Not Guilty

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Oscar Pistorius - Guilty or Not Guilty

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

Default Oscar Pistorius - Guilty or Not Guilty

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/oscar-p...145648794.html

I think the defense is hoping to tug at the heartstrings of the jurors with his testifying.

A lot of time its a HUGE gamble to stick the Defendant on the stand but in this case I would think its his ONLY chance at getting off.

I personally think he knew she was in the bathroom and it was cold blooded murder

Just because someone is disabled doesnt mean they cant be a douche bag and let money and fame go to their heads
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    More Americans have been killed by New England Patriots players than by Ebola.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Guilty as hell. You don't just randomly start firing shots into a room in your house unless you're 100% sure of who is/is not in there.

Even if I were going to set aside reality for one second and believe him - he still deserves to go to prison for being a reckless moron.

3. The Following 6 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

Ya - I dont know how a man is supposedly in bed with his GF and hears a noise and gets up without noticing his GF is no longer in bed and just randomly shoots through a closed door and then while shooting hears a woman scream and keeps shooting

By putting him on the stand they are going for the sympathy card - They want the jury to look him in the face and say "yes - we are putting you in jail for the rest of your life even though you dont have any legs"

They are betting that some people dont have the heart to do it

5. The Following User High Fived OB For This Post:

I thought he was already found not guilty?

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

Quote Originally Posted by Al Wilson 4 Mayor View Post
    I thought he was already found not guilty?
    No. He's going on his second day on the stand

There seems to be a lot of evidence that he's very emotional and distraught about this. So it may be one of those things where he just totally lost his shit and regretted it instantly. No justification of course, but he probably didn't actually want her dead--at least not once he regained his senses. Sad story all around.

That said they don't have a jury ruling there, do they? I thought it was 100 percent the judge's decision?
    Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    I haven't seen anywhere in the news any 5 years olds chopping off their balls.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Guilty as hell. You don't just randomly start firing shots into a room in your house unless you're 100% sure of who is/is not in there.

Even if I were going to set aside reality for one second and believe him - he still deserves to go to prison for being a reckless moron.

Agreed.

Dont know if it was a crime of passion but according to testimony he was an experienced shooter and there are just too many inconsistencies with this testimony. But, he's somewhat of a celebrity because of his blades of glory so he will probably get off.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

Quote Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks View Post
    There seems to be a lot of evidence that he's very emotional and distraught about this. So it may be one of those things where he just totally lost his shit and regretted it instantly. No justification of course, but he probably didn't actually want her dead--at least not once he regained his senses. Sad story all around.

That said they don't have a jury ruling there, do they? I thought it was 100 percent the judge's decision?
    You are correct

"The fate of Pistorius is in the hands of a judge and two officials called assessors, who might be less likely to be influenced by emotion than jurors, The New York Times pointed out in a recent story."

Read more: http://www.businessinsider.com/heres...#ixzz2yE7iauSg

11. The Following User High Fived OB For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

He's as guilty as OJ

Thanks MasterShake!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

cut his arms off. . .

14. The Following 4 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    cut his arms off. . .
    I laughed at that - Im going straight to hell

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by orangenblue420 View Post
    I laughed at that - Im going straight to hell
    i typed it, so i guess i'll see ya there. . .

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

Default No premeditated murder for Pistorius

http://espn.go.com/olympics/trackand...sportscenterFB

Most people are freaking out without realizing he can still be found guilty of a lessor charge

"Culpable homicide is a competent verdict," the judge said, but did not deliver any formal verdicts in the shooting death of Pistorius' 29-year-old girlfriend before adjourning for the day.

Culpable homicide refers to a negligent killing. If Pistorius is formally acquitted of murder, he could still be sent to jail for years if it's found he acted negligently in Steenkamp's death. Pistorius has admitted firing the four shots that killed Steenkamp on Valentine's Day last year.
    Personally, I think it was murder - not premeditated - but he knew it was her in the bathroom

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

I think he should be put away for life. Mainly because we don't have this to look at anymore:

20. The Following User High Fived BroncoJoe For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

From what i understand he could still face jail time for negligence which i think he should at the very least get. I just cant imagine waking up in your home after hearing noises and not making sure that your loved one is next to you or calling out for them to make sure it wasnt them to begin with. To just start plugging bullets through a door without actually seeing what you are shooting is beyond irresponsible to me. If im the girls family i would be a bit peeved right now if he doesnt get some jail time.

22. The Following User High Fived Northman For This Post:

OB

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information