Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Another Friggin' Month To Wait Before The Draft

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Default Another Friggin' Month To Wait Before The Draft

I can't stand that there is still another month of Mocks and bluffing before they actually draft on May 8th. I'm sure Goody Two Shoes thinks it somehow makes the NFL more money but I liked it a lot better when it was in mid-April because you had the Super Bowl, the combine, the start of free agency and then the draft. Now you have the Super Bowl, the combine, the start of free agency, seven weeks of total bs and nothing much of importance and THEN the draft. There's nothing to discuss besides meaningless mocks and Desean Jackson's gangsta profiling. Y-A-W-N.

By the time the actual draft begins, I may fall asleep.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Well, it's a tradeoff. Now there won't be as much down time between the draft and mini camps/training camp. And wasn't the draft usually the last weekend of April? So this only knocks it back by like a week or 2.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

2 extra weeks of speculating what your team might do, or 2 extra weeks of talking about what your team has actually done. I prefer the later.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

5. The Following User High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Beisbol?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

7. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Beisbol?
    I don't see how you can muster a give-a-damn about baseball this early. With a 162-game schedule, it's just hard for me to care at all about games this early. Wake me up around September when the season hits crunch time.

9. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

This is Colorado, we don't have baseball.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Fantasy teams have forced me to start paying attention to baseball. I still keep thinking about the draft and wish it were already here. Basketball season was over when my bracket busted. I'm looking at you, Virginia.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I don't see how you can muster a give-a-damn about baseball this early. With a 162-game schedule, it's just hard for me to care at all about games this early. Wake me up around September when the season hits crunch time.
    A longer attention span?
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    This is Colorado, we don't have baseball.
    I've spent my life as an Astros fan. We not only no longer have baseball, we aren't even in the right league any more. Our DH's hit worse than our pitchers used to.

I feel you brother but the best playoffs of any sport is just a few weeks away!

That'll hold us til draft and tc
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Beisbol?
    no one cares about that junk. . .

16. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    I feel you brother but the best playoffs of any sport is just a few weeks away!

That'll hold us til draft and tc
    I'm not a huge NHL fan but agree that the NHL has the best playoffs (surely you didn't mean the NBA, right?) When I am an NHL fan, the Avs are my team. Since 1993, which pro Colorado team has won more titles - the Avs, the Rockies or the Nuggets? I think you know that answer.

I miss the Sakic Friends Network and wish Roy were still between the pipes.

18. The Following User High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    I'm not a huge NHL fan but agree that the NHL has the best playoffs (surely you didn't mean the NBA, right?) When I am an NHL fan, the Avs are my team. Since 1993, which pro Colorado team has won more titles - the Avs, the Rockies or the Nuggets? I think you know that answer.

I miss the Sakic Friends Network and wish Roy were still between the pipes.
    Varlomov is playing exceptional netminding right now. It's not the 90's Avs, but these Avs are a really good team this year and fun to watch. Really love what the Avs have put together this year.

20. The Following 3 Users High Fived Mike For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I've got plenty to keep me busy.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

I don't know why, but the draft does little to get me excited. I think this is especially compounded by the fact that we have had so many busts and seem to be focusing on free agents and veterans more right now. I am always curious who we get, but I've never been to a draft party or anything like that. It could also have something to do with the fact that I don't watch much college football so I have no clue who is good or not. I do appreciate you guys doing mocks and stuff to get me familiar with some names, though. Otherwise I will watch the Rockies when I'm bored, cheer my ass off for the Avalanche in the playoffs, and patiently wait for training camp to start up again.

23. The Following User High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information