Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: A McDaniels Recap

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    So then no coach should every get credit for a first round pick being a good player? Is that what we are saying now? Ok, fine. By this logic, many people had Ayers as a first round grade, should McD should get no criticism for this pick, because had he not picked him in the first round someone else would have.
    Sure. Let's talk about how he traded up to the first round for Tebow and up into the second round for Richard Quinn. McEgo thought he could turn guys like that into something. DT and Decker were nothing when McDumbass was here with Tebow at QB. They didn't become Pro Bowlers and decent players til he was gone.
    Bill Williamson:

"The Broncos went from one of the more attractive organizations in the NFL to one in total disarray. McDaniels will go down as one of the most reviled figures in Denver sports history".

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Not just the fact that he brought shame and dishonor to the franchise, I also hate McDouche because he's plain and simply a bad guy. He's just a shit stain of a human being.

Also, because of him I had to waste two+ years of my Broncofandom watching that lethargic loser Kyle Orton QB this team, if you can even call it that.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

3. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Name:  arrogant.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  34.3 KB

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

DT was injured early in his career, so that is hardly fair. And Decker was quite good with Tebow as his QB.

And I agree with you that Tebow and Quinn were both reaches. But that doesn't mean you get to take away from the picks that he did get right. Once again, not really all that fair.

It's a ridiculous double standard that he doesn't get credit for the first round picks he hit on but he gets to take the blame for the ones he missed on. I can't wait to see if this same logic is used when people are grading Elway's drafts years down the line.

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	blog 231.jpg 
Views:	29 
Size:	92.0 KB 
ID:	4584

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived atwater27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

If Knowshon Moreno had 1st round talent there's something wrong with your grading system, the rest of the '09 class isn't worth the bandwidth.

DT was a huge risk that high, he was well on his way to being drafted too high before Broncos fixed their QB situation, and to compound this risk he took the same risk on Decker in the 3rd. Walton and Beadles just plain sucked and would have been replaced long ago had the Broncos not been so pass heavy.

To be brutally honest, we're grading all these draft picks entirely different if the Broncos never sign a Manning and bring in a legitimate NFL coaching staff. Most of Doogie's draft picks sucked and those that did not were damn near ruined by the ridiculous environment he put them in.

Had they given McDaniels another season this woulda been even worse, dude was world class incompetent and dysfunctional to boot, he wasn't even much good at what supposedly got him hired in the first place.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I challenge you to find a single reputable draft analyst who didn't have Moreno with a first round grade pre-draft.

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Name:	mcdaniels.jpg 
Views:	38 
Size:	45.6 KB 
ID:	4585

12. The Following User High Fived atwater27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

I challenge you to find a single reputable draft analyst who didn't have Moreno with a first round grade pre-draft.
    None of that shit even matters. He was a first class ******** who got busted recording other team's practices, treated people like shit, forced me to watch Kyle Orton, and let his personality get in the way of the team's success. **** him, he's a bad person and I don't like him.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

14. The Following 3 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Charley Johnson

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    None of that shit even matters. He was a first class ******** who got busted recording other team's practices, treated people like shit, forced me to watch Kyle Orton, and let his personality get in the way of the team's success. **** him, he's a bad person and I don't like him.
    59 - 14. To the Raiders. That's enough in and of itself
    “What fresh hell is this?”

"A man who picks a cat up by the tail learns something which he can learn in no other way." - Mark Twain

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived Dreadnought For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Again, none of this has to do with the topic of this thread, which is his draft classes.

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Again, none of this has to do with the topic of this thread, which is his draft classes.
    Alphonso Smith
    Let's Rid3!!!!

19. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Decent 2010 draft. Was hit and miss but produced an all-pro level player and a couple of solid starters. Pretty bad 09 draft in hindsight. Moreno and Ayers are both decent players, but not first round talents. Bruton is a great special teamer. Richard Quinn might be the worst draft pick ever though.

Overall, not the best two drafts ever, but not the worst either. I'd give 2010 a B+ and the 2009 draft a D.
    What he did to get Alphonso Smith tops the Richard Quinn selection.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Alphonso Smith
    Go back and look at my first post. I gave that draft a D. I'm not debating any of his bad picks. I'm just debating the shit-tastic logic that he doesn't get credit for his good ones.

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Name:	Drew-Litton_2.jpg 
Views:	24 
Size:	22.3 KB 
ID:	4586

23. The Following User High Fived atwater27 For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information