Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Contract extension for Fox

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

[QUOTE=Shazam!;2170186]
    Quote Originally Posted by luckyseven View Post

The Colts thought they had enough talent when Manning went down, howd that work out?

His presence on a team can never be underestimated, he's that good.
    No they didn't. They absolutely tanked that season.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Please re-read my post before jumping to your usual condescending conclusions of wizardry.

I nowhere said they had a successful season, I am well aware of their awfulness.
    Going INTO the season, the Colts franchise believed they'd still be at least competitive.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

3. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Please re-read my post before jumping to your usual condescending conclusions of wizardry.

I nowhere said they had a successful season, I am well aware of their awfulness.
    Going INTO the season, the Colts franchise believed they'd still be at least competitive.
    Yeah. I read it the first time. I disagree.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    . And even more important he's an in house guy so they know what he's really about not just how he interviewed
    IMO Joe and Pat were looking to emulate the NE Model when they hired Mc D. Who added Nolan to bring in the 3-4 that we were not equipped player wise to do.

Their biggest mistake was not hiring a legit GM to oversee the operation someone to build the scouting staff, make sure the HC allowed his coordinators to do their jobs without micro managing their areas of responsibility.

Not sure if he will ever be a HC again, but there is no doubt he is a brilliant OC.

Some coaches are destined to be great assistants or coordinators.

With Gase we will have Elway around to keep an eye on things.

7. The Following User High Fived luckyseven For This Post:

Why would Elway want Fox to "twist in the breeze?" Everything depends on keeping Peyton Manning happy. And he wants Fox. He does not want to have to deal with a new coaching staff. That would make him very, very unhappy.If he becomes unhappy for any reason he retires. Period. And the Broncos can kiss their chances of ever winning another SB in this decade goodbye.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brian Griese

^^^^ If what you're saying is Elway is keeping Fox around purely for Manning, why sign him to a 3 year contract extension? I don't think Peyton will be around for 3 years. Well, either way, if Peyton's happy I'm happy I guess. Once Manning is gone though, I hope Pat Bowlen steps in and rips out Fox and throws in Gase as HC. I hope we don't lose this guy, he's an innovative, hard working coach that I hope stays.

[QUOTE=MOtorboat;2170187]

No they didn't. They absolutely tanked that season.
    If you're suggesting they tanked on purpose ("suck for Luck") how did that work out?

Well, it's great now if you're Jim Irsay or a Colts fan. Not so great if you were Bill Polian, his son Chris, or coach Jim Caldwell. They all got FIRED.

"I used to think nobody hated losing more than I did or was more miserable after a loss. I decided it was a tie between me and Bill," Peyton Manning told [Chris] Mortensen. "And I stay in the building pretty late and he was always here working, too. Personally, my goodness, so many thoughts. He was one of the last guys to leave my wedding with Ashley (his wife). This [firing] is very, very tough."

Quote Originally Posted by tripp View Post
    ^^^^ If what you're saying is Elway is keeping Fox around purely for Manning, why sign him to a 3 year contract extension? I don't think Peyton will be around for 3 years. Well, either way, if Peyton's happy I'm happy I guess. Once Manning is gone though, I hope Pat Bowlen steps in and rips out Fox and throws in Gase as HC. I hope we don't lose this guy, he's an innovative, hard working coach that I hope stays.
    Fox has proven to be a successful head coach, independent of Peyton Manning. After all he managed to get the Broncos into the playoffs and even win a game with Tim Tebow as his QB!

And he said over and over that he thought Tebow WAS capable of being an NFL starting QB. That deserves an Academy Award for Best Actor.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    If you're suggesting they tanked on purpose ("suck for Luck") how did that work out?

Well, it's great now if you're Jim Irsay or a Colts fan. Not so great if you were Bill Polian, his son Chris, or coach Jim Caldwell. They all got FIRED.
    Look at how they prepared for losing Manning. It was pathetic. And the two quarterbacks they had were SO bad they actually hired Kerry Collins at the end of the season.

If they didn't tank, they sure did one shitty job of preparing for if Manning went down.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information