Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Contract extension for Fox

Default Contract extension for Fox

Three year extension per Jay Glazer:

Jay GlazerVerified account ‏@JayGlazer

Broncos HC John Fox has agreed to new three-yr extension. Both Super Bowl head coaches have now agreed to new deals in 24hr span.

So I guess that answers the question of whether Elway wanted him to twist in the breeze this year.

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default John Fox signs 3-year extension with Denver Broncos

Broncos coach John Fox signed a three-year contract extension with the team Thursday night, team sources confirmed Friday.

The new contract is worth $5 million to $6 million per year.

The Broncos were concerned about the news leaking because they didn't want to steal the spotlight from the Rockies' home opener Friday at Coors Field.
    rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci...year-extension

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

4. The Following 2 Users High Fived Denver Native (Carol) For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Default John Fox signs 3 year contract extention

Just seen this, but as i am in the UK, i might be behind the times a bit.

What does everyone think about Fox - his win record certainly supports keeping him, as it goes i like him.

Thoughts?

The point is that Peyton Manning loves Fox and the Broncos only hope for a championship in the next 10 years revolves around Peyton Manning, so it makes less than zero sense to get rid of him. Manning would very probably retire giving the Broncos no further chance.

When Manning does retire it's going to be the same thing that happens to every team when their franchise QB retires. Years and maybe decades of mediocrity or worse, unless like the Colts you get unbelievably "Lucky". Same thing that happened after Elway. Shanahan was "the Mastermind," but without Elway, not so much.

Fox and Manning may retire together. And even if they don't Fox is suddenly going to look pretty bad with Brock Osweiler as his QB. He won't last very long after Manning, even if the Broncos win the SB in the Manning era.

He's done about as well as any coach could have done despite the horrible SB. He's managed to blend all the players into the AFC #1 seed and a SB team the last 2 years. That's not easy, no matter who is your QB.

For God's sake! The man managed to coach this team into the Playoffs with TIM TEBOW as his QB! You can't do a better coaching job than that!

7. The Following User High Fived Cugel For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

That year with Tebow was so exciting - i remember the games against the bears and jets and of course the steelers and thinking - maybe this guy is the answer but this was always countered by games where he was dreadful like against the bills, lions, chiefs and of course NE.

It made for great TV though!

9. The Following 2 Users High Fived Valar Morghulis For This Post:

I think Fox will be here post Manning and still have us being a contender. Elway gave him a contract for three years which is the balance of Mannings contract, however it's very possible Manning retires a year before that. Elway is very agressive in getting the right talent around Manning. This makes me believe even when Manning does retire Elways going to field the best players he can get ahold of. Basically, he has way more hits than misses and that's why our team is so much better now than pre-Fox.

But glad to see Fox signed up for 3 more years, he's done a great job so far.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

11. The Following 3 Users High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    I think Fox will be here post Manning and still have us being a contender. Elway gave him a contract for three years which is the balance of Mannings contract, however it's very possible Manning retires a year before that. Elway is very agressive in getting the right talent around Manning. This makes me believe even when Manning does retire Elways going to field the best players he can get ahold of. Basically, he has way more hits than misses and that's why our team is so much better now than pre-Fox.

But glad to see Fox signed up for 3 more years, he's done a great job so far.
    I think we will be surprised at how well the team will set up for play post Manning, the OL is being built, the DL is the best it has been in decades, that is the base of the team, it all starts at the LOS. RBs are easy to find, JT is just starting to play, he will get better each year for a very long time, if DT does not get a big head next year money wise, he is good for another 8 years. Fill in WRs are not that hard to find and maybe the exsisting ones will be happy to stay on a winner.

Miller is still a kid and IF we can keep him he is worth building the rest of the defense around. Most players going into their third contracts are not quite as worried about having to have the biggest contract and often will take a bit less to stay with a winner and be on a good team that has treated them well.

This year was well bad for keeping players but then most of them were not drafted by the Johns. Or were short term rentals. The more players that John drafts as long term starters the easier it is for them to want to keep them.

13. The Following User High Fived luckyseven For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Darn, I guess that means we aren't bringing in Dungy, Gruden, or Cowher. Elway you suck!

/sarcasm

Congrats to Fox. He brought much needed stability to the team. As much as his post SB attitude and comments irritated me, he is a solid coach. Still skeptical that they win a SB and think Denver is screwed post-Manning. Hopefully Denver can stay healthy this season and put it all together as a team.

16. The Following User High Fived Mike For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Default John Fox signs 3 year contract extention

Good news to me. Like others have said 2 #1 seeds and 3 AFC West Titles with a Super Bowl appearance is impressive. We need consistency at the coaching level while we still have Manning in my opinion.

18. The Following 3 Users High Fived MasterShake For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Mike View Post
    Congrats to Fox. He brought much needed stability to the team. As much as his post SB attitude and comments irritated me, he is a solid coach. Still skeptical that they win a SB and think Denver is screwed post-Manning. Hopefully Denver can stay healthy this season and put it all together as a team.
    ANY time a team loses a top QB, that team takes a nose dive. It's been proved time and time again, despite the coach.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

20. The Following 2 Users High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    ANY time a team loses a top QB, that team takes a nose dive. It's been proved time and time again, despite the coach.
    NE losing their QB and Brady stepping in did not seem to be an issue.

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

I like John Fox, but I don't think he is anything exceptional as a coach in today's NFL. We could do much worse, so I am not complaining. But I am not excited either. Not that we could get any better right now, it is what it is.

Adopted Bronco:
    Jake Butt

Fox took a Jake Delohmme team to to the SB too. he's a winner and a good coach who hires good coaches. His coaching tree already looks a shit ton better than Shanny's. Is he perfect? no. but he is a proven winner who coached 2 separate teams to the SB. rare. I have no issues with keeping Foxy around.

24. The Following User High Fived nevcraw For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by luckyseven View Post
    NE losing their QB and Brady stepping in did not seem to be an issue.
    Gee, great example. Steve Young steps in for Montana, Rodgers in GB....all good, and good for you pointing that out. There are always exceptions to the rule.

Buffalo, Pittsburgh, Miami, Dallas...even the 49ers after Young retired. But we can see how many teams haven't been tops WITHOUT a top QB. Look at the teams that have the top QBs now and see how long it took them to finally find their QB. There is definitely a correlation. Denver was in pretty dire straights before getting the opportunity to sign the greatest FA to ever hit the market. "Luck" plays a hand. Getting Brady in the 6th round wasn't based on top scouting.
    Last edited by Ravage!!!; 04-05-2014 at 12:28 PM.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information