Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Johnny Manziel, Teddy Bridgewater set to visit Patriots

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Johnny Manziel, Teddy Bridgewater set to visit Patriots

this was posted yesterday - updated today

If you're looking for a scenario that will cause the Internet to buzz for days, perhaps you could mention Johnny Manziel being drafted by the New England Patriots.

That scenario might not be so far-fetched based on a report from NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport.

Private workouts and visits with teams are nothing new for top prospects in the 2014 NFL Draft, but it is notable that the Patriots would bring in somebody like Manziel. It should be noted that teams are limited to just 30 out-of-town visits with potential draftees.

Tom Brady does turn 37 before the season, and backup Ryan Mallett has only a handful of snaps in the NFL, so it makes some sense that the team has an eye on the future coming into this year's draft.
    http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...gland-patriots

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Kay Adams

That is odd.
    Quote Originally Posted by Day1BroncoFan View Post
    I'm happier than tom brady in a gay bar....

Can someone explain how the Patriots expect one of them to be available at #30? They would have to give somebody an arm and a leg to trade up 25 spots.
    Bronco: The best horse in the NFL

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Some mocks have one or the other falling to the Browns at #26 so it is possible they will wait until and then use those Belichick mind tricks that get people to trade draft picks with them. I really can't see Bridgewater falling that far. Manziel has had varying appraisals.

Here's another possibility, though a long shot. The Patriots trade Mallett to the Texas for 2-1 then package that and their #30 to move up to the high 20s or lo teens of the first round. I'm not sure O'Brien likes Mallett *that* much though.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

I'm guessing BB's draft board has one or both as being available @ 30. So he is scheduling these visits in an effort to raise their value. He is hoping a team drafting ahead will think the great Bill Belichick thinks highly of the player(s) so they will select them. Thus the ideal player BB has in mind will still be available.

He did the same thing a couple years ago to an executive who was way over his head when he took Tim Tebow out to dinner.

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    Some mocks have one or the other falling to the Browns at #26 so it is possible they will wait until and then use those Belichick mind tricks that get people to trade draft picks with them. I really can't see Bridgewater falling that far. Manziel has had varying appraisals.

Here's another possibility, though a long shot. The Patriots trade Mallett to the Texas for 2-1 then package that and their #30 to move up to the high 20s or lo teens of the first round. I'm not sure O'Brien likes Mallett *that* much though.
    If the Browns want Teddy, they will pick him at their own #4 pick, not the extra one much later. Right now it appears they don't like Johnny, but the Raiders are right behind them.

Weeks ago there was a Mallett-to-Houston rumor based on his connection to coach Bill O'Brien, a former assistant coach at New England. However now the Texans are complaining all extra picks are on the third day and they want more on the second day, so I don't think they want to trade #33.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Quote Originally Posted by Touchdown Denver View Post

Weeks ago there was a Mallett-to-Houston rumor based on his connection to coach Bill O'Brien, a former assistant coach at New England. However now the Texans are complaining all extra picks are on the third day and they want more on the second day, so I don't think they want to trade #33.
    All true. The Texans have 11 picks but eight of them (including three comps that cannot be traded) are on the final day.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post
    I'm guessing BB's draft board has one or both as being available @ 30. So he is scheduling these visits in an effort to raise their value. He is hoping a team drafting ahead will think the great Bill Belichick thinks highly of the player(s) so they will select them. Thus the ideal player BB has in mind will still be available.

He did the same thing a couple years ago to an executive who was way over his head when he took Tim Tebow out to dinner.
    I'm thinking that he considering a trade.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Touchdown Denver View Post
    Can someone explain how the Patriots expect one of them to be available at #30? They would have to give somebody an arm and a leg to trade up 25 spots.
    They don't. BB playing games.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

10. The Following User High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

However, The Great Belicheats banana-in-the-tailpipe trick only works on Doogie.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post

why would ANYONE care what Belicheck thinks in the draft??? He's terrible at drafting.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

13. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    why would ANYONE care what Belicheck thinks in the draft??? He's terrible at drafting.
    The same reason I wanna know who my buddy bets on in sports, he's always wrong so I know who NOT to pick.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

15. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Whats funnier is BB is the same guy who did sign tebow to play QB for them. So his interest must have been pretty real. I believe this was also while mcdaniels was in STL as OC
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    What's funnier is BB is the same guy who did sign Tebow to play QB for them. So his interest must have been pretty real. I believe this was also while McDaniels was in STL as OC.
    I am pretty sure McDaniels was New England's OC at the time. When did he get the Rams job?

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    Whats funnier is BB is the same guy who did sign tebow to play QB for them. So his interest must have been pretty real. I believe this was also while mcdaniels was in STL as OC
    1) McD was in NE
    2) He was signed to a 2 year deal with no guaranteed money and cut
    3) Belichick was giving him a chance

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information