Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6

Thread: Robert Ayers, New York Giants sign contract

That's actually incorrect. After Shanahan's firing, it was well established that Bowlen wanted a more established hierarchy with an active GM and the head coach having clear roles and lines of separation. Josh had a lot of power (more than he should have had as a first time coach) but certainly had oversight in Xanders, Ellis and even Bowlen himself.

This is further supported by the 2009 reporting that when Tampa Bay approached McDaniels about a three way trade involving Cutler for Cassel, McDaniels went to Ellis and then Bowlen with the offer before turning it down.
    I don't have the interest to bother to endlessly debate nonsense with you, but this part is just flat wrong. Perhaps you forget:

1. Pat Bowlen DID say that after the Shanahan firing the next coach would not have the overall authority that Shanny did.

2. All the fans thought that would mean that the GM would handle player personnel and McMoron would stick to being a coach. He'd have input into the draft, but someone else would have the real authority and make the decisions, just as most teams do and just like Elway does now.

3. McMoron immediately staged his little coup, getting rid of the Goodmans and stuffing Xanders into a coal chute somewhere getting him out of the way.

4. McMoron made all the decisions and made it public that he made all the decisions. For instance, he said that he thought he could coach Tebow into a starting QB and that's why he drafted him.

HE made that decision like all the others and nobody else in the organization had the power to say "no coach, trading a 1st round pick to move up into the 2nd round and draft Darcel McBath is not a good idea."

There was also that line from Schefter's interview on ESPN during the Cleveland fiasco that the overwhelming feeling around the league is that the Broncos failed McDaniels more than McDaniels failed the Broncos.
    I didn't see that interview but it's utterly absurd. Even insulting. One word response: Spy-Gate.

The Broncos did nothing to McMoron but hire him when he wasn't remotely ready to run a team, let him push out the Goodmans and become his own GM when he had no history of handling player pro personnel, and then let him run wild, making insane and incredibly damaging decisions that left the team a broken wreck with a 4-12 record, and acting in such an unethical way that Bowlen was forced to fire him even before his 2nd season had ended.

As for McDaniels being head coach material, you'll notice nobody else has hired him! (I thought Cleveland was desperate enough to do it, but it didn't happen because he wasn't desperate enough to sail on that Titanic).

I think some idiot owner will probably buy that stupid theory that "he's learned" or something and then he'll get another job and fail spectacularly once again. And that will be that.

Notice how many Belichick clones have gotten head coaching jobs in the NFL and how none of them have yet succeeded.

Romeo Crennel, Cleveland Browns (2005–2008), Kansas City Chiefs (2011–2012)
    Al Groh, New York Jets (2000)
    Josh McDaniels, Denver Broncos (2009–2010)
    Eric Mangini, New York Jets (2006–2008), Cleveland Browns (2009–2010)
    Nick Saban, Miami Dolphins (2005–2006)
    Jim Schwartz, Detroit Lions (2009–2013)
    Bill O'Brien, Houston Texans (2014-present)
    Last edited by Cugel; 04-11-2014 at 09:46 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

The Broncos failed McDaniels more than McDaniels failed the Broncos? That is weapons grade stupid right there, Bosco is giving Gatorfag a run for the idiot money.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

3. The Following User High Fived Simple Jaded For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    The Broncos failed McDaniels more than McDaniels failed the Broncos? Thats weapons grade stupid right there, Bosco is giving Gatorfag a run for the idiot money.
    I like that weapons grade stupid.

It is pretty stupid but when a guy is that stuck on a player or like Bosco is on McDaniels common sense and reality take a back seat to hero worship.
    Last edited by TXBRONC; 04-22-2014 at 08:43 AM.

5. The Following User High Fived TXBRONC For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    He immediately got rid of the Goodmans who actually had Player Personnel and draft knowledge. He got rid of them because he wanted to stage his little coup. True, Xanders was a duffer, but that hardly mattered, when the real draft talent were the Goodmans and McMoron ran them out of town.
    I have to laugh when someone says the Goodmans were "draft talent" when they've barely worked since and they have Jarvis Moss on their resume.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Jaded View Post
    The Broncos failed McDaniels more than McDaniels failed the Broncos? That is weapons grade stupid right there

8. The Following 3 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    KJ Hamler

Quote Originally Posted by Cugel View Post
    I don't have the interest to bother to endlessly debate nonsense with you, but this part is just flat wrong. Perhaps you forget:

1. Pat Bowlen DID say that after the Shanahan firing the next coach would not have the overall authority that Shanny did.

2. All the fans thought that would mean that the GM would handle player personnel and McMoron would stick to being a coach. He'd have input into the draft, but someone else would have the real authority and make the decisions, just as most teams do and just like Elway does now.

3. McMoron immediately staged his little coup, getting rid of the Goodmans and stuffing Xanders into a coal chute somewhere getting him out of the way.

4. McMoron made all the decisions and made it public that he made all the decisions. For instance, he said that he thought he could coach Tebow into a starting QB and that's why he drafted him.

HE made that decision like all the others and nobody else in the organization had the power to say "no coach, trading a 1st round pick to move up into the 2nd round and draft (Alphonso Smith) Darcel McBath is not a good idea."

I didn't see that interview but it's utterly absurd. Even insulting. One word response: Spy-Gate.

The Broncos did nothing to McMoron but hire him when he wasn't remotely ready to run a team, let him push out the Goodmans and become his own GM when he had no history of handling player pro personnel, and then let him run wild, making insane and incredibly damaging decisions that left the team a broken wreck with a 4-12 record, and acting in such an unethical way that Bowlen was forced to fire him even before his 2nd season had ended.

As for McDaniels being head coach material, you'll notice nobody else has hired him! (I thought Cleveland was desperate enough to do it, but it didn't happen because he wasn't desperate enough to sail on that Titanic).

I think some idiot owner will probably buy that stupid theory that "he's learned" or something and then he'll get another job and fail spectacularly once again. And that will be that.

Notice how many Belichick clones have gotten head coaching jobs in the NFL and how none of them have yet succeeded.

Romeo Crennel, Cleveland Browns (2005–2008), Kansas City Chiefs (2011–2012)
    Al Groh, New York Jets (2000)
    Josh McDaniels, Denver Broncos (2009–2010)
    Eric Mangini, New York Jets (2006–2008), Cleveland Browns (2009–2010)
    Nick Saban, Miami Dolphins (2005–2006)
    Jim Schwartz, Detroit Lions (2009–2013)
    Bill O'Brien, Houston Texans (2014-present)
    Fixed it for you.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information