Thread: 10 Famous People You Didn’t Know Were Athletes

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Default 10 Famous People You Didn’t Know Were Athletes

It is very difficult to believe anyone is truly a one trick pony. Everyone on this earth has many different skills and talents. Famous people are no different. Whether they are musicians, politicians, actors or athletes, they all have more than one skill they are good at.

Bernie Williams retired from professional baseball and now is the guitarist for a popular jazz band. Former San Diego Padres’ infielder Tim Flannery is in a successful bluegrass band and has even performed with Phil Lesh and Bob Weir of the Grateful Dead. Lynn Swann and Steve Largent both hung up their football cleats and were elected to congress. Michael Jordan starred with Bugs Bunny in the movie Space Jam. This all points to the fact that nobody has just one talent.

What about the other famous figures? What about the big name celebrities that either fell short of or chose to pursue other interests instead of playing sports? There are many fine politicians, musicians, and actors who played sports at one time in their life. This list shows a few of those people, ranked by how much fame they have accrued. The one rule is that these people must not have achieved their fame through athletics. They must have achieved their success in some other fashion, but at some point in their lives had been a passionate and successful athlete at any level of play.

http://www.therichest.com/sports/10-...campaign=OT-US
    Interesting
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

2. The Following User High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

10. Dean Cain – NFL
    9. Vinnie Jones – Soccer
    8. Phil Robertson – College Football
    7. Dwayne Johnson – College Football
    6. Mark Harmon – College Football
    5. Burt Reynolds – College Football
    4. George Clooney – College Baseball
    3. Gerald Ford – College Football
    2. Dwight D. Eisenhower – College Football
    1. Bob Marley – Soccer

I knew a few of them. I had know clue Terry Bradshaw was back up to Phil Robertson.

Adopted Bronco:
    Sly Williams

Vinnie jones is still a footballer first to anyone in the UK old enough to remember. Dude was basically a journeyman defender for ten years. Real mean streak too.

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

SoCalImport - Do you remember the ball crushing photo of him and Gazza, that was classic!

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Bruce Jenner was also a famous athlete, way before he started his sex change

Bob Marley was an avid soccer player, but I don't believe he ever did it professionally.

Adopted Bronco:
    Sly Williams

Lol, daveaitkin. I forgot about the gazza Thing. There's a series. Of photos catching the whole thing. Timelaps hilarity.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information