Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Now Phillips Is Gone

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Default Now Phillips Is Gone

Shaun Phillips is now a Titan -

http://teamstre.am/1lpGZUiShaun Phillips and Titans Agree on 2-Year Contract: Latest Details and Analysis | Bleacher Reportvia ble.ac/teamstream-

After Knowshon today, this sucks.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

2. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post

After Knowshon today, this sucks.
    Except for that it actually doesn't.

4. The Following 7 Users High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

I would have liked to see Phillips around for depth. He played really well for us last year.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

6. The Following 6 Users High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Think it sucks too. We didnt really retain any of our free agents. Before free agency I thought for sure wed sign ONE of the guys out of Phillips, DRC, Moreno, Decker or Woody.
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

8. The Following User High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    Think it sucks too. We didnt really retain any of our free agents. Before free agency I thought for sure wed sign ONE of the guys out of Phillips, DRC, Moreno, Decker or Woody.
    DRC was the one we tried to retain, but he held out for more money.... and it bit him in the ass to about the tune of 4-5 million a year.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

10. The Following User High Fived Ravage!!! For This Post:

Would have been a nice insurance plus good depth.

What are the details of his contact?

This is great news for comp picks. He said he was not going to come back here again this year, after we signed ware.

Hopefully he got at leas 4 mil....Come on titans, show him the $$$$$$$$$$$$$
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    I would have liked to see Phillips around for depth. He played really well for us last year.
    3 mil is a lot to pay for depth. (Before you respond with a Knowshon quip, I don't have a big problem with us not bringing him back since Miami paid him 3 mil as well).

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Would have been a nice insurance plus good depth.

What are the details of his contact?
    2 years, 6 million. Per Schefter.

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    This is great news for comp picks. He said he was not going to come back here again this year, after we signed ware.

Hopefully he got at leas 4 mil....Come on titans, show him the $$$$$$$$$$$$$

Really? I didnt know he said that.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    3 mil is a lot to pay for depth. (Before you respond with a Knowshon quip, I don't have a big problem with us not bringing him back since Miami paid him 3 mil as well).
    It always comes down the position being discussed when it comes down to how much you pay for depth. Considering I don't think Miller will be "up to speed" early in the season, I feel that PHillips would have been a more valuable addition. I'm not exactly "upset" .... just a lil "disappointed" considering the need and his play.

Really? I didnt know he said that.

I think it was a twitter or an interview not sure...He said something along the lines of he is happy for us and ware. He loves ware and understand us bringing in an all time great. Said he still sees himself as a starter though and wants starter money and basically with ware he would not be a full time starter and that it is hard for himself to envision being back here this year......or something close to that.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

It always comes down the position being discussed when it comes down to how much you pay for depth. Considering I don't think Miller will be "up to speed" early in the season, I feel that PHillips would have been a more valuable addition. I'm not exactly "upset" .... just a lil "disappointed" considering the need and his play.
    I read something the other day that said Miller is progressing quicker than expected and is back around his playing weight from 2 years ago. If that report is true, maybe Elway and co are confident that he will be ready to go week 1.

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I read something the other day that said Miller is progressing quicker than expected and is back around his playing weight from 2 years ago. If that report is true, maybe Elway and co are confident that he will be ready to go week 1.
    Maybe...but it would have to be a feat that hasn't been seen in the NFL before for him to be up to speed THAT quickly. Ok, other than Adrian Peterson...who is freak.

Also, when it comes to his weight, that decision to ADD weight was one of need. It wasn't because he was out of shape. Losing weight may not be a permanent one. Plus, just because the reports are that he is "ahead os schedule"...that doesn't really mean much until things are closer to him actually being on the field. I think we hear that from EVERY SINGLE person that is in rehab. They are ALWAYS "ahead of schedule." So I just personally take that at face value.

But I'm sure they are planning on other depth to be back on the defensive side. Wolfe, hopefully (although, I'm not holding my breath on Wolfe. Something serious is up with him, and we may never see him on the field again).

All that being said, you may be absolutely right. I'm just saying that he played well and I personally don't believe Miller will be back that quickly at full speed. But heck, I've been wrong one time before... so who knows?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

I think we hear that from EVERY SINGLE person that is in rehab. They are ALWAYS "ahead of schedule." So I just personally take that at face value.
    I think this is kinda a myth. If someone is exactly on schedule and not ahead of it, there is nothing to report, so you only hear anything reported on rehab if someone is ahead of schedule or if there is a setback. Since these guys have the top doctors in the world, you don't hear of too many setbacks.

So I think it just seems like they report that about everyone because there'd be no reason to report anything if they were simply on schedule, so you never hear about those instances.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information