Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Thread: Draft Day - The Movie?

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by OrangeHoof View Post
    The reviews for Draft Day on Rotten Tomatoes are 63% positive. In other words, a "meh". Some said it was like "Moneyball" with less intelligence. That's not a ringing endorsement. I thought "Moneyball" was the most boring baseball movie I'd ever seen.
    So the Browns ownership was intricately involved in the producing of this movie?
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

Of Mice and Men

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

So did anyone see this yet?

Quote Originally Posted by DallasChief View Post
    Keanu Reeves has been in some great movies too.

Point Break
    The Matrix
    The Devil's Advocate

Does that make him a good actor? No.
    Great point. I think Costner gets some pretty bad rep based on accents more than anything else. Waterworld was a flop, and at the time, the movie got ALLL this press for how much money was being spent. Wasn't really HIS fault for how bad the movie was.

Idk, I just don't think of him as a bad actor. He played a great character in all the movies I listed, and those were good movies.

However, I did (at one time) believe that Matthew Mcconaughey was a bad actor, and although he was in some good movies (A Time to Kill, Lincol Lawyer, How to lose a Guy in 10 Days, The Lincoln Lawyer). He's changed my mind since Mud, as I believe he's grown to a good actor.
    Last edited by Ravage!!!; 04-16-2014 at 05:42 PM.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Seriously. Costner is not a good actor.

And if you don't think Point Break was a great movie, I don't know if we can be friends anymore.
    Seriosly, that is your opinion.

But Point Break wasn't a GREAT movie, it was a ok movie, but nowhere near GREAT.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Quote Originally Posted by Dzone View Post
    Costner is mediocre at best. Its not like people are breaking down the box office to go see the latest Kevin Costner film. The dude is just boring
    It's funny, you know who's a boring actor that people seem to like a lot lately as some kind of "action hero?" Liam Neeson. That guy's tone of voice never changes. Now I have really liked a couple of his movies. Shindler's List at the top, and Taken was great. But other than that?
    Last edited by Ravage!!!; 04-16-2014 at 05:57 PM.

Seriously. Costner is not a good actor.

And if you don't think Point Break was a great movie, I don't know if we can be friends anymore.
    You know, it was a pretty decent movie, but it didn't really have much to do with Reeves. Man, it's been a LONG time since I've seen that movie.

And the verdict on Kevin Costner's acting ability ends here....

http://youtu.be/Wg-UpYglAEw?t=1m37s

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Point break is awesome. And Keanu is the One. So enough said.

10. The Following User High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Rey

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Costner is not a shitty actor. He's been good in some GReat movies.

Dances with Wolves
    The Untouchables (classic)
    Bull Durham (classic)
    Field of Dreams
    Tin Cup
    JFK
    Silverado

to name a few off the top of my head.
    I loved a "perfect world" and thought "waterworld" was better than Ok - did he not also do "the postman" - i might be wrong, but i think it was pure shite.

He has made some great movies, some turd ones as well and would never be in my top 5 actors list - all that said, i am quite looking forward to watching draft day
    Last edited by Valar Morghulis; 04-17-2014 at 05:11 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Good article about the movie. Sounds like its more Hollywood than realistic NFL stuff. A female salary cap manager, just so they could get a good looking woman into the movie,
    http://mmqb.si.com/2014/04/16/nfl-dr...vie/?eref=sihp

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by Dzone View Post
    Good article about the movie. Sounds like its more Hollywood than realistic NFL stuff. A female salary cap manager, just so they could get a good looking woman into the movie,
    http://mmqb.si.com/2014/04/16/nfl-dr...vie/?eref=sihp
    The funniest token female role that I can remember was on "Knight Rider" in the 80's. The female mechanic would drop KITT's hood doing maintenance & she wouldn't have a speck of grease on her anywhere.
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

They should've down the Colts instead of the Browns. Frank Langella bears a striking resemblance to Jim Irsay.

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

So I guess I am the first person on here to actually see the movie?

Ok, well here is what I thought:

In terms of the actual deals done and players picked, it wasn't really all that realistic But if you can suspend the disbelief there, it was actually pretty good. Good drama, good characters, and an interesting story. I give it a 7/10.

If anyone doesn't want anything spoiled stop here, but here were how the transactions/picks went down.

Heading into the draft, the Seahawks held the #1 pick and the Browns held the #7 pick. At the top of the draft was a franchise QB who everyone thought was the next Elway/Luck. The two players the Browns were looking at were a big time LB who seemed like a bit of a hothead and a RB whose dad was a former Browns great. You kinda find out through the movie that the QB has some issues arise and the LB turns out to be a pretty good dude who wants to play for Cleveland. All the draft experts expect that LB to slip though, and it's agreed that he would definitely be there for Cleveland.

The owner, however, is basically threatening to fire the GM if he doesn't make a splashy pick. So given this, he trades his next 3 #1 picks to seattle to move up to #1 for the QB. Once he does this though, he looks into the QB closer and thinks he is gonna wind up being a bust. So he winds up shocking everyone and taking the LB #1 that he could have gotten at 7. By passing on the QB though, teams start to panic because they think there must be a huge issue with him, so he starts sliding down the board. Once he gets down to 5 (a team that doesn't need a QB), the Browns trade up to 6 by trading their next 3 #2 picks. So now they have traded their #1 and #2 picks for the next 3 years. It's assumed they are going to take the QB there, but they know Seattle's fans were pissed off and rioting because they traded out of 1 and lost out on the QB, so they manage to get Seattle to trade up to 6 by giving their 3 #1 picks back AND a star kick returner. Cleveland then uses the #7 pick to take that RB whose dad was a Brown.

So basically, Seattle winds up LOSING a kick returner to drop from 1 to 6, which would pretty much get any GM fired. And Cleveland winds up trading 3 #2 picks for the #1 pick and a kick returner. So it turned from Seattle fleecing Cleveland to Cleveland fleecing Seattle even more. Like I said, not a very realistic sequence of events, but it was entertaining nonetheless.

16. The Following User High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Default Draft Day - The Movie?

My wife and I watched this movie last week. I had very low expectations, even thinking and expecting it to be awful...I had to see it though, as I absolutely love the NFL draft...even take a vacation day on the Friday of the draft.

Anyway, we BOTH loved the movie! Even my wife, who couldn't give less of a crap about the draft, loved this movie.

I would spend $ to go see it again...and one day I'm sure that I will own it.

18. The Following User High Fived pipes For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information