Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: What Song Makes You Most Nostalgic?

A lot of country music from the 70s, 80s, and 90s. That's what played on the radio a lot when I was little. So when I hear several songs in that category, it takes me back.

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

Doesn't really matter which version, this song always brings back a lot of memories

Thanks MasterShake!!!

4. The Following User High Fived MileHighCrew For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

But also these songs

and many more

Thanks MasterShake!!!

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived MileHighCrew For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

The Proclaimers make me just think of How I Met Your Mother now.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by dbfan2007 View Post

My dad used to sing this song all the time when I was little.
    Excellent pick. There's something about that song that makes it extremely singable. I sing it all the time, my wife thinks I'm nuts.

I used to listen to CCR Chronicle Vol. 1 on repeat while I read Stephen King's The Stand (unabridged version) which is still one of my absolute favorite books. To this day I can't think about that book in any way without CCR playing in my head.

Anything by Don Williams brings up emotions also.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

9. The Following User High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by chazoe60 View Post
    Excellent pick. There's something about that song that makes it extremely singable. I sing it all the time, my wife thinks I'm nuts.

I used to listen to CCR Chronicle Vol. 1 on repeat while I read Stephen King's The Stand (unabridged version) which is still one of my absolute favorite books. To this day I can't think about that book in any way without CCR playing in my head.

Anything by Don Williams brings up emotions also.
    Don Williams is awesome.

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    The Proclaimers make me just think of How I Met Your Mother now.
    My mom use to listen to that song when I was a kid.

Thanks MasterShake!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I actually posted this in the "listening" now thread a while back but im curious what some of you guys think. This band started out pretty much as experimental black metal but has morphed into a more post-rock/metal band at this point. For you guys who dig that whole 90's era alternative rock era you may actually dig this. Tell me what you think.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

As I go through this thread I am reminded how much all music ends up being nostalgic.... All of your guys' songs are bringing back memories - Winds of Change, 18 and Life, CCR. Good stuff.

14. The Following 4 Users High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Oh damn. forgot She Sells Sanctuary by the Cult

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived atwater27 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

*The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

As I go through this thread I am reminded how much all music ends up being nostalgic.... All of your guys' songs are bringing back memories - Winds of Change, 18 and Life, CCR. Good stuff.
    Ya, I agree. Songs get anchored deep into our brain and get associated with memories and past feelings. We hear the song and it triggers off a neurochemical kind of thing.
    Man, there are so many songs, hard to narrow down to one song. So much Springsteen in the 90s. U2. Runnin down a dream... Some of those 80 and 90s night club tunes take me back to Greenville avenue in Dallas and too many late wild nights, waking up going how the **** did I end up here, and too young a dumb to know any better. The Cure-Just like heaven..Ya that is probably the song from that era..I boned a lot of chicks to this song lol

19. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dzone For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Somoene mentioned this song...That song is a freakin anthem ....its just raw ...the drums and guitar are just too ******* good

This is Red Rocks!!! U2 before everyone knew who they were...glorious
    Last edited by Dzone; 03-26-2014 at 10:25 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    PS2

Default What Song Makes You Most Nostalgic?

Anything off of Jane's Addiction's "Nothing's Shocking" but "Summertime Rolls" in particular. The wife and I listened to that album (and Ritual De Lo Habitual) non stop when we were dating. We saw them twice together back in the day (including the first Lollapalooza). We just saw Jane's about a year ago on their "Great Escape Artist" tour and pretty much everything they played was off those two albums. It was phenomenal!

Also, anything by The Cure does it too. My wife was (and still is) really big into Jane's and The Cure (old stuff) so anytime I hear it it takes me back.

“Tact is the ability to tell someone to go to hell in such a way that they look forward to the trip.” -Winston Churchill

22. The Following User High Fived HORSEPOWER 56 For This Post:

Slow Love by Doc Box and B-Fresh

"Bust it"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2tbRI3O3qCs
    Last edited by olathebroncofan; 04-16-2014 at 08:35 PM.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information