Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Jets sign Vick

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    Yeah, not sure how this move proves they are a laughing stock. Vick was the best QB left out there and he's definitely an upgrade over Geno.
    Wave, the point is, all they ever do is sign players, none of whom is going to take them anywhere, anytime soon. What makes them a laughingstock is that they do it over and over again.save

A couple of years ago, in the midst of a terrible campaign, they resigned Sanchez to a multi-year deal and everyone was left scratching their heads, since most people figured the guy was more likely to be history than ever the face of the Jets' franchise. That move could only have been to save Big Mouth Ryan some face, since he prematurely (as in, right from the day the kid was drafted) annointed him and started referring to him "Sanchize. Then, the Jets sign Tebow. Now tell me how much sense that made. McEllroy looked better than either of those guys when I saw him play.
    Last edited by Runamok; 03-23-2014 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    I still don't see how they are even remotely as bad as Jacksonville and Oakland.
    You're just looking for an argument, obviously.

Who says all three of those teams can't be jokes at the same time?

The Jests are a farce and will be until Ryan learns to shut his piehole and just do his job without trying to be the show.

3. The Following User High Fived Runamok For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Runamok View Post
    You're just looking for an argument, obviously.

Who says all three of those teams can't be jokes at the same time?

The Jests are a farce and will be until Ryan learns to shut his piehole and just do his job without trying to be the show.
    A farce that hovers around .500 every year and has played in two of the last five AFC Championships. If that's a joke of a team, or a farce, then half the league is worthless.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

A farce that hovers around .500 every year and has played in two of the last five AFC Championships. If that's a joke of a team, or a farce, then half the league is worthless.
    you can go from being a farce to a good team with a couple of transactions.
    Note DEN in 2010 to 2011. then add in Manning and it is great.

for many years in DEN we were 8-8 or worse.

OH BTW each of their (NYJ) AFCCG years they did not win their division. IIRC one year they were 9-7. they got lucky in the playoffs.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by luckyseven View Post
    you can go from being a farce to a good team with a couple of transactions.
    Note DEN in 2010 to 2011. then add in Manning and it is great.

for many years in DEN we were 8-8 or worse.

OH BTW each of their AFCCG years they did not win their division. IIRC one year they were 9-7. they got lucky in the playoffs.
    That's kind of what I've been saying from the start. If the Jets can find a quarterback, they have the foundation at other positions to have a good team. They are just missing that one key piece. To me, that's not a farce it's an average team, but now we're talking semantics.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

They were a Wild card in both those years (9-7 record in '09)and ran into a little good luck. That's their claim to fame. Their defense was decent but the offense was a joke with Sanchez leading the way. He got a lot of credit for some last minute game-saving drives those years, but he was flat-out lucky, not accomplished, closing his eyes and chuking it downfield blindly.

You're entitled to your opinion, but to suggest that getting to the title game is really proof of anything.....no way. you shoulda watched them a little more closely, MO.

8. The Following User High Fived Runamok For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Runamok View Post
    They were a Wild card in both those years (9-7 record in '09)and ran into a little good luck. That's their claim to fame. Their defense was decent but the offense was a joke with Sanchez leading the way. He got a lot of credit for some last minute game-saving drives those years, but he was flat-out lucky, not accomplished, closing his eyes and chuking it downfield blindly.

You're entitled to your opinion, but to suggest that getting to the title game is really proof of anything.....no way. you shoulda watched them a little more closely, MO.
    Only one team wins a championship every year. Everyone else didn't fail.

That's kind of what I've been saying from the start. If the Jets can find a quarterback, they have the foundation at other positions to have a good team. They are just missing that one key piece. To me, that's not a farce it's an average team, but now we're talking semantics.
    they have needed A QB since Namath retired. drafting at 18 they are unlikley to get one.. neither of the current ones on their team are going to make them better than NE.

11. The Following User High Fived luckyseven For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

they have needed A QB since Namath retired. drafting at 18 they are unlikley to get one.. neither of the current ones on their team are going to make them better than NE.
    That's probably why they signed Vick. They think he's the best quarterback they can get this year, and sure enough, they signed him to a one-year contract.

Only one team wins a championship every year. Everyone else didn't fail.
    That's a nice thought, MO, but I can think of 31 HCs and GMs who probably wouldn't share that sentiment, not to mention 100 million disappointed fans.

But, in any case, that doesn't mean the Jests haven't been a train wreck. Maybe they'll do a little better this season with all their new signings and you can look back and say "See, I told you so".

But let me try to steer this thread back to the original point, which was that adding Vick, especially on a one-year deal, in another round of QB musical chairs, probably wasn't going to get them over the hump anytime soon. And it is the lack of any apparent or discernible plan on the part of that organization which has made them into a "joke", not their play on the field so much, but which you seem hell-bent on defending anyways.
    Last edited by Runamok; 03-23-2014 at 06:53 PM.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Us in NY were fortunate enough to watch NYJ QBs that were decent. Ken O'Brien wasn't terrible, he just had an average OL. Boomer Esiason didn't have the tools to win big here either.

Idk, I guess im more exposed to them here unfortunately...
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Ummmmm ok.

The NYJ will win the Super Bowl this year.

Happy?
    Yes! Be reasonable and see it my way.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

So, he's wearing #8. It looks odd.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information