Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Patriots are not just cheaters but they are also BIG FAT liars!!!

Default Patriots are not just cheaters but they are also BIG FAT liars!!!

Two former Patriots say the team put false information about them on official injury reports.

Brandon Spikes and Aqib Talib have both said since leaving New England in free agency that when they were on the Patriots last year, the team gave them injury designations that weren’t accurate. Spikes ended last season on injured reserve with a knee injury, and there were reports that Patriots coach Bill Belichick actually put Spikes on IR because Spikes had shown up late to practice. Spikes seemed to confirm that in an interview on WGR in Buffalo.

“I heard they put me on IR and stuff like that. That was just a false report,” Spikes said, via ESPN.com. “That’s just how things go there. Almost like what happened with Talib and his hip.”

READ FULL ARTICLE HERE:
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...njury-reports/
    "Oh I’m sorry, did I break your concentration?”
    Jules Winnfield - Pulp Fiction

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

Bellicheat is a douche bag
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    More Americans have been killed by New England Patriots players than by Ebola.

How many SBs since spygate? 0

Not only is this team the NFLs must successfull cheaters but they lie and give false injury reports. Talib said his knee was never injured, Spikes said he had a bad quad not hip. I would like to know how many more times they have lied and think the NFL should fully discipline them. Maybe take some draft picks and another fine.

Talib was on injury reports last season with hip injuries, but after signing with the Broncos he said he never had a hip injury.

“The Patriots have their way of reporting stuff, but I haven’t had a hip problem since Tampa,” Talib said. “The injury I had was actually a quad injury. It was reported as a hip injury, but that’s how they do things.”

Adopted Bronco:

Hard to imagine they are the ONLY team that does this

6. The Following 2 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Shady is as shady does.

How do the fans even wear their hats knowing their team are cheaters and liars? It's almost like they should put an asterisk near the win columns.
    Last edited by DenBronx; 03-19-2014 at 09:59 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DenBronx View Post
    Shady is as shady does.

How do the fans even wear their hats knowing their team are cheaters and liars. It's almost like they should put an asterisk near the win columns.
    You're funny.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Hard to imagine they are the ONLY team that does this
    I would have no problem believing this is all true, if it wasn't for the sources of the reports.

As two of NE's biggest (former) gangsta/thugs, both of whom could harbor grudges for not being wanted in NE, it could be a case of sour grapes. Especially from a guy like Spikes. Never trust the word of anyone who makes a sex tape is my motto.

Not that Belicheat wouldn't abuse the Injury report. He does seem to scoff at a lot of the leagues' rules.

We can say "they aren't the only team"...yet have never heard of any other team doing it. It's illegal in the game, and falsifying reports is a big deal.

We all have different morals and leniencies. Some people are more apt to be stronger in one area, and lesser in others. Belicheck's brain is just wired to where he has a deficiency in the area that tells him right vs wrong when it comes to cheating. He just doesn't see a problem with it, because his mind justifies the reasoning. He will always be a cheater because if the opportunity arises, he will take it. Then when caught, he shrugs.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    We can say "they aren't the only team"...yet have never heard of any other team doing it. It's illegal in the game, and falsifying reports is a big deal.

We all have different morals and leniencies. Some people are more apt to be stronger in one area, and lesser in others. Belicheck's brain is just wired to where he has a deficiency in the area that tells him right vs wrong when it comes to cheating. He just doesn't see a problem with it, because his mind justifies the reasoning. He will always be a cheater because if the opportunity arises, he will take it. Then when caught, he shrugs.
    Yes because there was a huge competitive advantage by calling Talib's injury a hip rather than a quad (assuming he isn't lying) and by putting Spikes on IR (and he did have a knee injury) oh look he's quoted talking about it here http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/...-after-season/

much ado about nothing as usual

Quote Originally Posted by PatriotsGuy View Post
    Yes because there was a huge competitive advantage by calling Talib's injury a hip rather than a quad (assuming he isn't lying) and by putting Spikes on IR (and he did have a knee injury) oh look he's quoted talking about it here http://itiswhatitis.weei.com/sports/...-after-season/

much ado about nothing as usual
    Let me clarify. I don't think it was a competitive edge, OTHER than the fact that it allows a team to use the IR to keep an player, AND, put another player on the active roster. That is cheating the rules, but not to that big of a deal.

The BIGGER deal (as far as the NFL goes) is falsifying injury reports. We know that Belicheck likes to just add hangnails on the report because he doesn't like the fact that he has to give them, and I certainly have zero problem with that. But the NFL is VERY adament about keeping inside betting OUT of the NFL, which is why injury reports must be given, and they MUST be accurate. We know there will be an investigation by the NFL into the matter, just as EVERY off season we have to look into something Belicheck has done. He's constantly looking for loop holes, and constantly pushing the rules and bending what he can so that he can get away with as much as possible, EVEN when that included stepping over the line just as long as he believe he won't be caught.

So we can say "its much to do about nothing"...yet its ALWAYS Belicheck doing something to add onto his list and pile of "much to do about nothings." Every year the fans defend him and turn away and shrug, because Belicheck shrugs. Therefore, its "ok" and the king has spoken (or in his case, not spoken).
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

I can recall the time Jake Plummer got shaken up in San Diego and Mike Shanahan wanted to hide the injury by having him fake a concussion. But Plummer couldn't grasp how to "fake" a concussion. I don't mind a little subterfuge in the heat of battle but I think the Patriots sometimes take it too far.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

What a scandalous franchise.

I wonder how many injuries they have faked on defense to get extra timeouts?

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Most teams do this kind of crap. BB is a total douche though, his little "they're hurting my players on purpose whaaaaa!" rants are becoming tiresome and embarrassing.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

17. The Following 2 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

I wonder if Tom cheats on Giselle with other men?

Pretty sure Bill cheats too.

19. The Following User High Fived DenBronx For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information