Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: science section

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Default science section

Was wondering if we could get a section to post science related articles.

2. The Following User High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

I think there are a few places you can post them already. The Chit Chat section. If it's "iffy", I'd post it in the Lounge. Why would it need it's own section?

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by dbfan2007 View Post
    I think there are a few places you can post them already. The Chit Chat section. If it's "iffy", I'd post it in the Lounge. Why would it need it's own section?
    Why is the "Town Hall" broken up into 6 forums?
    Why does Hockey get a separate forum when there's so few fans of it on this site?
    Why does "Brandon Spano Network Headlines," "Broncos News Wire" & "Broncos Twitter Wire" all have their own forums?
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

5. The Following 2 Users High Fived FanInAZ For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    Why does Hockey get a separate forum when there's so few fans of it on this site?
    Why does "Brandon Spano Network Headlines," "Broncos News Wire" & "Broncos Twitter Wire" all have their own forums?
    Because Tned made it that way. Just because there are quite a few sections doesn't mean we need more. You need a better argument.

Are you saying we need a lot more sections? Let's split up draft and free agency. Let's have a gay section. It's not technically politics, but it's still divisive. I think we have enough threads. If you think we need a Science Thread, start posting a lot of Science articles to show it's worth a new section.

I know what would solve a lot of issues. Let's make an opt-in marijuana section.

7. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

well i dont know if i should post them in politics, because some of them may deal with religion.... or not.... or i guess the lounge as you say could work. Was just an option that could be added, if its too big of a problem. no worries.

9. The Following User High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    well i dont know if i should post them in politics, because some of them may deal with religion.... or not.... or i guess the lounge as you say could work. Was just an option that could be added, if its too big of a problem. no worries.
    I say post them where you want. If someone has a problem with it, they'll move it.

Maybe there will be a mod in here in a second to answer.

11. The Following User High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

OB

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

Post them wherever you feel like it fits and if it doesn't the mods will move it I generally post on the most active sections regardless of whether or not my thread belongs there - sorry mods its just easier that way - and I never take offense to you moving them since I know in advance I was probably wrong.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    More Americans have been killed by New England Patriots players than by Ebola.

Post it where it is most fitting, if its wrong, we will move it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip "TD" Lindsay

Quote Originally Posted by dbfan2007 View Post
    Because Tned made it that way. Just because there are quite a few sections doesn't mean we need more. You need a better argument.

Are you saying we need a lot more sections? Let's split up draft and free agency. Let's have a gay section. It's not technically politics, but it's still divisive. I think we have enough threads. If you think we need a Science Thread, start posting a lot of Science articles to show it's worth a new section.

I know what would solve a lot of issues. Let's make an opt-in marijuana section.
    I was just answering your question with a question to get you to think about why things are the way they are. I defiantly agree that we can get too carried away with too many sections. In fact, I hate trying to deal with site that are what I refer to as "a trash heap of excessive links." So I don't know that I want the quantity of sections to increase.

Therefore, if we were to add a new section, I'd prefer that we take 1 out. How would we decide? Here's 3 of different ways.

1) By the number of threads started pertaining to a subject. Unfortunately, the 1/2 dozen or so marijuana advocates would start flooding this site with redundant articles in order to inflate that number. Wait...they already are.

2) By the number of members who start threads on a subject. This would be more reflective of the interest level that the members of this site have in a subject. The problem with this is that it would be time consuming for the mods to crunch the numbers, especially when it doesn't appear that any of them are Aspies

3) By the number of post generated on each subject. This would be even more reflective of the interest level, and far more burdensome. That's because if you want to do a thrall & 100% accurate job, you'd have to go through every thread to find when a subject was brought up when it was completely out of the context of the OP. You'd need a team of Aspies to pull that off

If we were to do option 2 or 3, its my best guess that science & marijuana wouldn't make the cut, & hockey would get axed in favor of "Other AFC West." Maybe that's just because I've little interest in hockey & I've always wanted a specific section for keeping track of our division rivals.

Nevertheless, the Mods can:

a) Implement idea 2 or 3

b) ignore this entire post

I suspect they'll go for option b
    I’m an Autistic Self-Advocate. If you have any questions about Autism/Asperger’s, feel free to ask. I’m not offended by any question asked by anyone who has a genuine desire to understand us better.

https://aacphoenix.com/

It only takes a few moments to create a new section/sub forum. The bigger issue is that there are often strong feelings from people on the subject. Some feel we already have too many sub forums and prefer a smaller number of forums with more posts in each, while there are others that much prefer things in smaller, more tidy categories and like a lot of sub forums.

So, that's the scoop on creating a new forum. Easy to do, not always easy to decide.

It might be good to know what you have in mind by "science" threads. Are we talking about articles about how they keep making leaps in microprocessor technology, or how the Mars rover was conceived and created, or are we talking about articles about how MJ is great and cures everything from the common cold to cancer?

The former can be posted in Chit Chat, the latter should stay in politics. I can say pretty unequivocally that we aren't going to create a forum to promote MJ agendas. We don't have forums dedicated to other political agendas, even when they are legal ones. If we are talking about non-political science subjects, then I would say post them in Chit Chat, and if there is enough interest in them and the trend takes hold, then we can see if a dedicated forum makes sense due to volume of threads/activity.

16. The Following 5 Users High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Quote Originally Posted by FanInAZ View Post
    When BF was first started, Wide World of Sports was created, as it was felt that members would like to discuss other sports, other than just football, and under that hockey is one area.

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Yea i mean like related articles about the Mars Rover, Universe, Astronomy in general, etc.

Yea i mean like related articles about the Mars Rover, Universe, Astronomy in general, etc.
    Personally, I have no problem with creating a sub forum for that, but as you've seen in a few responses, some already think we have too many. Probably for now, I would post them in chit chat. If they get enough interest and start to overwhelm chit chat, we can create a new forum for them.

20. The Following User High Fived Tned For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Gene Mingo

The conservatives use the Religion forum.
    Some of those that work forces
    Are the same that burn crosses

22. The Following User High Fived Softskull For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Softskull View Post
    The conservatives use the Religion forum.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information