Thread: U29 Post FA- Pre Draft Mock battle plan.

Default U29 Post FA- Pre Draft Mock battle plan.

So, we nailed every position I thought we would in FA that I had in my last draft. With the soon to be addition of the Center from Washington (who I believe will compete with Manram but ultimately be his backup) we have laid the plans of a red herring for Manram or Franklin to move to LG...Its a hoax. But most of you know that I think this. Ive said it. So anyway here we go.

1. Xavier Sua Filo- LG
    Man is a beast, will be a probowler every year I bet. If you dont know about him you will.

2. Stanley Jean Baptiste- CB
    Late second rd pick/Early 3rd might be a slight reach but the Broncos want bigger Cbs. Every CB we have looked at has been big. (kirpatrick, xavier rhodes, talib, etc)....We have one big guy (talib)...Harris in the slot- webster is strong and fast but not big. I believe they will target him here.

3. Shayne Skov- ILB

There are really only two ILbs I like in this draft. Boreland and Skov...Boreland will go in the 2nd probably. So Skov it is. I do not care if he is better suited for a 34. He plays MLB like its supposed to be. Like what we need. Reminds me of a James laurinites or Zach thomas....He beasts in the run, diagnoses plays VERY fast. Sheds blocks and can drop and cover. We dont need him rushing the passer all the time. He doesnt need elite speed from sideline to sideline because he knows where the play is going. The other LBs get washed out in blocks a lot. Mosely especially.

4. Donte Moncrief- WR
    He may not make it this far. Probably not. But here is to hoping. Big, Fast, Strong, Produces. Great Combine numbers. I question if he can get off press coverage though. I didnt see much of that and it has me worried. I am also not sure how well he can get open. He was open a lot of times in the games I watched but to me it looked more like bad coverage then him beating coverage to get open. He is a huge talent here and not getting a lot of noise.

5. Will Clarke- DE
    Yes, I like this guy a lot! I think he could be really good. So naturally I had to have him coming to us. This time in the more appropriate round. Instead of 2. Remember this guy- he is my sleeper fa sho!

6. Devin Street- WR
    Big, strong, can block and catches. Everything. Probably herpes and aids too. I dont care. he can catch. He is a possesion WR. Not a speed dude but so what. 3rd and 8- he is clutch. Just the thing to develop with our QB of the future in Brock (broncos say he is so I take their word for it- about brock)

7. Marquestion Huff -FS
    We need another FS. He should probably go higher than this, but perhaps not. We need another one and he is the one I like best. Hits, covers, plays the run pretty well. Has speed. Needs awareness and such but ok.

Read it and make we weap.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.
    Troy Anderson LB 3rd/4th rd (yay Timmy!)
    Neil Farrell, JR DL- run stuffer- bye purcell

2. The Following 7 Users High Fived underrated29 For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Like most of the players...not so sure about the spots. Solid.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Can we get Skov that late? Other than that I'd say I would be pleased.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by MOtorboat View Post
    Can we get Skov that late? Other than that I'd say I would be pleased.
    I think he'll go earlier than that...but I think we can get equal value later

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Never heard of any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    I think he'll go earlier than that...but I think we can get equal value later

I hope not. I like him...He, Sua and clarke are my three favs....But you guys would know better than I at this point. I saw him as the 5th best rated inside backer. Im kinda hoping that 2 or less go in each rd. letting him fall. But who knows.

Is anyone way off value wise? Like when I had clarke to us in the 2nd.
    The Plan at the moment:

Draft: Trade a 3rd and 6th this year to a team to move up and get a 2nd next year (this will happen).

Players I want:
    Jake Ferguson (Jake Butt) or Jelani Woods or Jeremy Ruckert or Cade Otten (owen daniels) at TE- All 4th rd or later.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    I hope not. I like him...He, Sua and clarke are my three favs....But you guys would know better than I at this point. I saw him as the 5th best rated inside backer. Im kinda hoping that 2 or less go in each rd. letting him fall. But who knows.

Is anyone way off value wise? Like when I had clarke to us in the 2nd.
    Baptiste is a tough call because it all depends on if another team decides they want the "tall" CB or not. If some team gets enamored with his size, he could go late second, but I'm thinking mid 3rd. I prefer McGill over him anyway if we are looking for a big corner and I think he'll be there late 3rd.

Moncrief is similar. He could go anywhere between late 2 and early 4. Just depends on how much a team falls in love with him.

Street is probably more of a 5th rounder, but once you get past the 4th, it's anyone's guess with all players.

Skov is no different. I;ve seen him rated anywhere between 2 and 5 when it comes to ILB's. Just depends on the team. After Mosely, the next 6 or 7 guys are pretty close to the same.

I started my "post free agency mock" last night. This is similar to mine as far as round and position. I'm going to wait until I know we're finished in free agency first.

Quote Originally Posted by dbfan2007 View Post
    I started my "post free agency mock" last night. This is similar to mine as far as round and position. I'm going to wait until I know we're finished in free agency first.

Knowing elway we are never finished in free agency.
    The Plan at the moment:

Players I want:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

If we got Moncreif in the 4th that would get Mr B arrested for stealing.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

The shadow of Pikes Peak (aka the lee of the stone)
    Adopted Bronco:
    Wesley Woodyard

Sua-Filo is a good guard, I like him a lot. Baptiste is okay. Skov in the 3rd wouldn't be bad either for a 2-down guy - that's all we really want anyway. BECAUSE we only want a 2-down dude, though, there are a lot of guys who can do the same sort of thing (and I say this as an unabashed Skov fan) and can do it with a later pick, potentially. I wouldn't turn down Skov, though.

If Moncrief is there in the 4th then a lot of folks are just ****** sleeping their way through the draft. Might happen - Brandon Marshall was a 4th rounder with all those physical gifts, but Moncrief also runs a 4.4. He needs a WR coach to polish him up, but I would jump for joy if he was a late-4th for us. I think he's late 2nd/early 3rd at WORST. He is a sleeper for some reason, but I don't think he gets practically to the 5th round.

Clarke is good. He'd be a nice Malik Jackson type add. Street could slide to the 6th/7th with all the wides going early, but I don't think he will. Of course, I was stunned that Woodyard fell outta the draft - these things do happen.

It'd be a good draft. Elway has left it so that draft day needs should be pretty easily identifiable. OL, CB, WR, MLB, DL, depth (maybe a late-round or UDFA RB or TE). Go get em.

~G
    "Dream as if you will live forever. Live as if you'll die today."
    -- James Dean

My novels Mason's Order and its sequel Mason's Pledge are now available at Amazon in both paperback and kindle versions.

13. The Following User High Fived G_Money For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mighty Quinn

I'm afraid Moncreif will be a 1st round pick when draft comes around, this WR class is loaded so there's (tiny bit of) hope for round 2.

Greg Cosell compared him to DT and Josh Gordon.
    "Tuning ... into each other ... lift all higher”
    “I’m just different!”
    “ . . . Picture a cup in the middle of the sea”

Draft
    1st round— Cooper Dejean CB
    2nd round— Jack Sawyer OLB
    3rd round— Will Shipley RB
    4th round— Ricky Pearsall WR
    5th round— Ladd McKonkey WR
    6th round— Cash Jones RB
    7th round— Carson Steele RB

Adopted Bronco:
    Miller Time

I like it players and positions.

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Generally, thumbs up. I like Yankey over Sua-Filo but won't hate either. Very diverse opinions on many of these corners so I have no favorites here. I think you'll have to trade up if you want Skov. He won't last until late third, IMO. Moncrief another guy that I don't think will last that long. I don't understand getting two WRs in this draft. One ought to be enough unless the other is hybrid who can also be TE or FB or LS or KR or something.

I'd be happy if this was our draft but I think you've underestimated Skov and Moncrief.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

17. The Following User High Fived OrangeHoof For This Post:

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information