Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Emanuel Sanders

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Not too excited. Drops a lot of balls, but then so did Decker. Has a screw in both feet. Hope we don't give him a big contract, that would be a joke.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived atwater27 For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post
    Elway tried to get LaFell but had to settle for sloppy seconds.
    I read that NE made a run at Steve Smith, and would have expected as much since they were loaded with young receivers last season.

Is the signing of Lafell, another relatively young WR, an indication that perhaps the Pats have already given up on either Dobson, Boyce or Thompkins.....or all of them?

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    Not too excited. Drops a lot of balls, but then so did Decker. Has a screw in both feet. Hope we don't give him a big contract, that would be a joke.
    Screws have been there 4 years

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    Sounds like his agent screwed everyone over. But if that includes hurt feelings in KC, who am I to argue?

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap200...denver-broncos

Sanders' agent Steve Weinberg then negotiated with the Tampa Bay Buccaneers, according to another source involved in the process. Weinberg never told the Buccaneers he had accepted the Chiefs' offer. This all happened before he went to the Broncos. Sanders and Weinberg also rankled the 49ers by agreeing to visit, then blowing it off.
    That guy makes Drew Rosenhaus look like Mother Teresa.

Quote Originally Posted by Runamok View Post
    I read that NE made a run at Steve Smith, and would have expected as much since they were loaded with young receivers last season.

Is the signing of Lafell, another relatively young WR, an indication that perhaps the Pats have already given up on either Dobson, Boyce or Thompkins.....or all of them?
    IMO, it's an indication NE is going with size. They need to be bigger and stronger like SEA, SF, DEN & BALT. That's why they chose Lafell over Sanders and Browner over the Walter Thurmond's of the world.

Also, I don't think Thomkins will make this team and I am worried that Dobson now has a screw in his foot.

Adopted Bronco:
    Shelby Harris

Can he fight through press coverage better than Decker? Not that Decker was any good.

I read he had one of the lowest drop rates the last two years. What are you talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by atwater27 View Post
    Can he fight through press coverage better than Decker? Not that Decker was any good.
    Sanders has a knack for getting open. He also doesn't drop many. He had a 2.7% drop rate last season which is phenomenal. In comparison, Decker had a 5.1% drop rate. He brings less size, more speed.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    I read he had one of the lowest drop rates the last two years. What are you talking about?
    Try watching the games, he drops them a lot actually. lol

Quote Originally Posted by Northman View Post
    Try watching the games, he drops them a lot actually. lol
    Sanders dropped 3 passes all season.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    Sanders dropped 3 passes all season.
    Like i told the other guy, i would challenge that stat. Ive seen the guy play more often than not. Buy into the hype if you want brother, ive seen the guy on gameday.

Like i told the other guy, i would challenge that stat. Ive seen the guy play more often than not. Buy into the hype if you want brother, ive seen the guy on gameday.
    I like him. He's a legit #2 WR with experience that's coming into his prime. He has 4.40 speed. He's a willing blocker. He's a good return guy. He can move to the slot if Welker leaves next season. I hope the signing goes through.

As far as the drops go, I watched 4-5 Steeler games last season and didn't see any. He dropped 3 all season in 112 targets. Decker dropped 7 in 136 targets. There's more than one site supporting those stats.

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2013/
    http://scores.nbcsports.msnbc.com/fb...e=NFL&rank=232

14. The Following User High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

I like him. He's a legit #2 WR with experience that's coming into his prime. He has 4.40 speed. He's a willing blocker. He's a good return guy. He can move to the slot if Welker leaves next season. I hope the signing goes through.

As far as the drops go, I watched 4-5 Steeler games last season and didn't see any. He dropped 3 all season in 112 targets. Decker dropped 7 in 136 targets. There's more than one site supporting those stats.

http://www.sportingcharts.com/nfl/stats/drops/2013/
    http://scores.nbcsports.msnbc.com/fb...e=NFL&rank=232
    Im glad you like him. Thats touching.

Im glad you like him. Thats touching.
    No one expected you to like the guy that was replacing your man crush. Decker's gone. Get over it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

No one expected you to like the guy that was replacing your man crush. Decker's gone. Get over it.
    Been over it. Hence, no more Siggy. lmao

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information