Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone have a theory about Malaysia flight 370

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

Default Anyone have a theory about Malaysia flight 370

I say hijacked. Maybe crashed after. Usually extremists want to be known when they do something extreme. It's a weird deal though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    More Americans have been killed by New England Patriots players than by Ebola.

2. The Following User High Fived OB For This Post:

There was something weird about the Chinese government. They released pictures, saying it could be pieces from the flight. Then they retracted it all and said that was a mistake.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

I also find it weird that although its in the news they aren't obsessing about it (although I don't watch much news) just seems like on social and network sites its not the big deal it should be.

Adopted Bronco:
    Taysom Hill

Someone deliberately turned off the transponder... So there was foul play. No idea beyond that.

6. The Following User High Fived Buff For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Von

It's scary to think that some crazy ass freaks may have a jet liner at their disposal (I have sympathy for all aboard) But this could be Way worse than just losing the plane itself And those aboard. It may be a matter of what's coming next

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

It could be anywhere, Asians are terrible drivers.
    Let's Rid3!!!!

9. The Following 13 Users High Fived chazoe60 For This Post:

11. The Following 5 Users High Fived Timmy! For This Post:

IMO, this is a whole new form of piracy. The plane and the passengers landed safely on a newly constructed airstrip on those islands and we will soon hear their demands.

This is going to completely rock the airline industry. That's what I think.

13. The Following 2 Users High Fived WTE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post
    IMO, this is a whole new form of piracy. The plane and the passengers landed safely on a newly constructed airstrip on those islands and we will soon hear their demands.

This is going to completely rock the airline industry. That's what I think.
    I don't think it's possible they landed on "those islands" undetected. This is a BIG aircraft and there are three controlled airstrips in the area, all controlled by India. If that plane were to have tried to land anywhere near there they would've been picked up on radar.

15. The Following User High Fived Davii For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    I don't think it's possible they landed on "those islands" undetected. This is a BIG aircraft and there are three controlled airstrips in the area, all controlled by India. If that plane were to have tried to land anywhere near there they would've been picked up on radar.
    Regardless, I think the plane and passengers are safe and this was a form of piracy, not a hijacking or al-queda type terrorism.

I think it landed on an island with polar bears and a mysterious black smoke monster.
    This space available for lease.

18. The Following 3 Users High Fived gnomeflinger For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

The Langoliers.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

20. The Following 4 Users High Fived MOtorboat For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post
    Regardless, I think the plane and passengers are safe and this was a form of piracy, not a hijacking or al-queda type terrorism.
    If so it is state sponsored and the nation involved allowed safe passage. I don't think there's any other way it could be done short of an island with a truly good runway that is completely out of radar range of any other airfield. There are some possibilities, such as strips used during WWII, but not many and not that could go undetected without the help of a host nation.

While I do believe this is a terrorist act, and have felt that way since the beginning of this ordeal, I believe the plane is at the bottom of the ocean somewhere. Maybe the passengers rose up, maybe the terrorist pilots weren't as good as they thought they were, who knows. I don't think this will knock air travel on its ear, but I do think international travel regulations are going to change worldwide, specifically the use and scrutiny placed on passports and Interpol's role.

22. The Following 2 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Someone deliberately turned off the transponder... So there was foul play. No idea beyond that.
    I'm been running pretty ragged here, and haven't had a TV on in over two weeks, just read the occasional article on Google news. Does that mean they have the plane on radar longer than they have the transponder transmitting? I'm wondering how they know it was deliberately turned off.

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    I'm been running pretty ragged here, and haven't had a TV on in over two weeks, just read the occasional article on Google news. Does that mean they have the plane on radar longer than they have the transponder transmitting? I'm wondering how they know it was deliberately turned off.
    There's really no other way. You must deliberately turn it off and even turn off a breaker to prevent the backup from coming on. And yes, they have additional radar for up to four hours after they lost transponder signal.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information