Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Anyone have a theory about Malaysia flight 370

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Malaysia Airlines Jet Made 'Tactical Aviation Maneuvers': Law Enforcement Officials

U.S. law enforcement and intelligence officials are focusing on the possibility that at least one of the Malaysia Airlines pilots is responsible for the disappearance of flight MH 370 after new information revealed the plane performed “tactical evasion maneuvers” after it disappeared from radar, two senior law enforcement officials told ABC News today.

The officials briefed on the situation said that the maneuvers appeared to be done to evade radar, and U.S. authorities believe only a person with extensive flight or engineering experience could have executed them.

After the plane’s transponder - which reports the plane’s location and altitude - was turned off about 1:20 a.m. last Saturday, the plane was picked up by military radar as it turned back towards Malaysia and passed above Peninsular Malaysia before heading into the Strait of Malacca.
    rest - http://abcnews.go.com/International/...ry?id=22922961

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    Phillip, Demaryius, Derek, Shane, Von,

Default Malaysia Officials Open Criminal Inquiry Into Missing Jet

SEPANG, Malaysia — The search for Flight 370 turned into a criminal investigation on Saturday, after Malaysia declared that the plane had been deliberately diverted and then flown for as long as seven hours toward an unknown point far from its scheduled route from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing.

Prime Minister Najib Razak of Malaysia said on Saturday afternoon that he would seek the help of governments across a large swath of Asia in the search for the plane, which has been missing for a week and had 239 people on board. The Malaysian authorities released a map showing that the last satellite signal received from the plane had been sent from a point somewhere along one of two arcs spanning large distances across Asia.

As part of the investigation, police officers on Saturday were seen going to the gated residential compound in Kuala Lumpur where the flight’s pilot, Zaharie Ahmad Shah, was reported to live, and the Malaysian news media reported that a search there was actually underway after a week of rumors to that effect. A police spokeswoman declined to comment, saying no details would be available until a news conference planned for Sunday evening.
    rest - http://www.nytimes.com/2014/03/16/wo...ight.html?_r=0

Thanks to MasterShake for my great signature
    Rest in Peace - Demaryius (88) - Darrent (27) - Damien (29) - Kenny (11)
    #7 - JOHN - #44 - FLOYD - #80 - ROD
    THIS ONES FOR JOHN
    WOULD YOU RATHER WIN UGLY, OR LOSE PRETTY?

Adopted Bronco:
    The Albino Rhino

Quote Originally Posted by Tned View Post
    Big difference with a plane over highly populated US soil and open sea or sparsely populated land. Altitude plays a HUGE roll as well, even when over land. Cellular networks are line of site with limited range.

Sent from my Galaxy S4 using Forum Runner
    You want large planes to become a huge role, not a huge roll.
    I miss the old Mile High Stadium.

Quote Originally Posted by Dzone View Post
    This really is becoming one of the great mysteries of the 21st century. Im curious about the lack of cell phone communications from passengers during this alleged 5 or 6 hour flight. Maybe someone can clear this up. On 9/11, iirc people were communicating via cellphones from those planes.

cell phones are usually not active above 30 k feet. and I suspect there are few if any cell towers where they were going.

Quote Originally Posted by underrated29 View Post
    I'm pretty sure that class of plane has two transponders.
    if they are turned off in the cockpit then it does not matter how many there are.
    The pilot turns them off when the plane is at the gates and turns it back on when they leave the gate..

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Good thing the NSA is spying on us, they should find this plane in no time...

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    Good thing the NSA is spying on us, they should find this plane in no time...
    they have had a week, pretty sure they do not have a clue.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

All those taxpayer dollars for nothing.

So, Shane, are you saying they aren't tracking citizens to the extend which you thought they were?

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

no. They are still taking everything and creating a profile for every single person.

My point is , we dont have more security, we have the illusion of it.

So the NSA needs to do more.

12. The Following 2 Users High Fived Dapper Dan For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    no. They are still taking everything and creating a profile for every single person.

My point is , we dont have more security, we have the illusion of it.
    Hey, jackass, we're talking about a Malaysian airlines plane that left Kuala Lumpur and headed for Beijing, China before whatever happened went down. This has not a damn thing to do with the US, the NSA, or anything related. Grow the **** up.

14. The Following 4 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Immediately after the first report of trouble with the Malaysian flight from Kuala Lumpur to Beijing we were deluded with strings of misinformation day after day. It was a compilation of ineptitude by Malaysian officials, Vietnam, China and yes, the USA. National politics and national pride turned into national embarrassment for Malaysia and China as all the lower level US agencies tried to aid and assist.
    China released SAT debris images up in the Gulf of Tonkin taken the morning after the flight disappeared several days later, many SAR assets were dispatched to the area, then China states the images on their government web site were posted in error.

I hold the higher level US officials accountable for not stepping in after the first 24 hrs of BS became apparent and did not insist that the US take the lead. That culpability goes straight to the top. 3 American citizens were on that flight.
    Everyone making jokes about this incident should remember that too.

After the week-long wild goose chase took place, the info about SAT pings from the maintenance transmitters came to light and we now know the aircraft was operational up to 7 hrs after take-off, 0041 local time.

Like Davii, from the git-go my gut told me this was terrorism, not the result of a catastrophic event.

That is confirmed by the manual disabling of both transponders 9 minutes apart. The maintenance pings generate from devices in the engines. At this point I can’t trust the stats by a WSJ reporter who doesn’t know squat about aviation. All I can glean from that is that the aircraft was definitely operational for many hours after its last confirmed transmission to the Malaysian tower when they were turned over to Vietnamese air space. As far as the pings go, not a peep from Boeing or Rolls Royce spokesmen, just the interpretation of a reporter.

So, we have three options; the aircraft is in the ocean or it could be on land.

My first instinct was the East Turkistan Islamic Movement, militant Uyghurs from the Xinjiang Province in North West China. The Islamic population in that area has been at odds with the Chinese government for a very long time and wish to become their own country apart from China. The Uyghurs have connections with other militant Islamic groups and many live in Burma, Thailand and Laos as well as in cities all over China. China is trying to round them up from Chinese cities and deport them back to Xinjiang Province. I’m sure you all are aware of the 2000 Kuala Lumpur al-Qaeda Summit. Terrorists are no strangers to Malaysia.

If a plot was hatched, perhaps with the cooperation with one of the pilots they could have flown north from the Malacca Straight over Burma, northwest over the Tibet plateau to the Taklamakan Desert in the Tarim Basin. They could have made it easily in 5 hrs. Some areas of the Basin are 200 meters below sea level and although about 85% of the desert is composed of shifting sand, much of the perimeter of the basin is composed of hard packed sand/clay/ gravel covered with salt, much like the Bonneville Salt Flats. The plane could have taxied to a hidden location, parked and shut down the engines; that would cause the pings to stop.

Option two, somewhere in the Indian Ocean, puzzles me. If this was a terrorist act, why not dump the plane into one of the world’s busiest shipping lanes, the Mallaca Straight, or fly into a building in a major city and cause a big ruckus ? Why fly out into the ocean for 5-7 hrs, run out of fuel and submerge ?

Did everyone onboard become incapacitated and the aircraft headed out to sea on auto-pilot ?

One thing about the ocean angle, ever since we found out about the maintenance pings, all news has been relatively silent. The US is staying tight lipped so they may have a very good reason to head to sea. In the beginning, the Navy dispatched a destroyer and a P-3 to assist in the search in the Thai Gulf. Then the Navy added another tin can, another P-3 and a USNS supply ship to provide fuel for each of the destroyer’s two SAR choppers. Now, many assets designed for ASW are headed to the Indian Ocean, including P-8s. P-8s can smell fuel vapor. The P-8s and the destroyers can pepper a grid with sonobouys. If that aircraft is down in the drink, beacons located in the nose and in the tail will automatically start transmitting as soon as they come in contact with seawater. The Navy’s ASW assets will hear those beacons.

Option three: A HVI was onboard or high value cargo onboard.

16. The Following 2 Users High Fived Az Snake For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    Hey, jackass, we're talking about a Malaysian airlines plane that left Kuala Lumpur and headed for Beijing, China before whatever happened went down. This has not a damn thing to do with the US, the NSA, or anything related. Grow the **** up.
    They were also talking about the NSA not being able to find this on Fox news today. Dont get angry.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Az Snake View Post

Option two, somewhere in the Indian Ocean, puzzles me. If this was a terrorist act, why not dump the plane into one of the world’s busiest shipping lanes, the Mallaca Straight, or fly into a building in a major city and cause a big ruckus ? Why fly out into the ocean for 5-7 hrs, run out of fuel and submerge ?

Did everyone onboard become incapacitated and the aircraft headed out to sea on auto-pilot ?

that seems like the most interesting question right now, doesn't it? it seem simprobable that it could have followed the northern route and not been detected, but what would have been the purpose of the southern route? very, very strange, and it's not getting less so. . .

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information