Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 ... LastLast

Thread: Eric Decker is now a Jet

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    Not only did they not offer him, they didn't even contact him once throughout this entire process.
    As the QB or the #1 WR?

Quote Originally Posted by Timmy! View Post
    Effing school zones suck. It's only a matter of time before I get nailed in one.
    Quote Originally Posted by Valar Morghulis View Post
    I take the fat out of the pan once no longer hot, smear it all over my genitals, then enter consenting people with my tumescent member.

Adopted Bronco:
    Von Ware-Wolfe

Quote Originally Posted by silkamilkamonico View Post
    Not only did they not offer him, they didn't even contact him once throughout this entire process.
    What a lame move. I bet we could have had him for less, like 5-6 million. Oh well, there's lots of deep talent in this draft for receiver and we'll probably sign another receiver too.
    In Elway We Trust

Adopted Bronco:
    Steve Atwater

Broncos could show interest in NY's Hakeem Nicks?

Adopted Bronco:
    Ray Finkel

Congrats Deck, you earned your payday and you will be missed. But, im quite happy with our signings as that was the most important part of the offseason so good luck there in NY.

5. The Following 5 Users High Fived Northman For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Obviously winning wasn't the priority.
    We never made him an offer. What did you want the guy to do?

7. The Following 2 Users High Fived VonDoom For This Post:

Decker and his wife will make more money modeling than he will ever make in football. They're going to be the New York sweethearts for at least a year or so. Don't worry about Mr. Decker. He just tripled his income outside of football.

Quote Originally Posted by Magnificent Seven View Post
    Broncos could show interest in NY's Hakeem Nicks?
    Did you see this somewhere or just speculating? Nicks would be great on a "prove it" deal. I think he's got a lot left.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dave Costa

Decker and his wife should send PFM a thank you note...

11. The Following User High Fived Dzone For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Bob Howsam

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    We never made him an offer. What did you want the guy to do?
    It was two days in. Elway has said all along he would let his free agents test the market first.
    "Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer" -Arnold

13. The Following User High Fived SR For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by SeeingRed View Post
    It was two days in. Elway has said all along he would let his free agents test the market first.
    I think it became pretty obvious after we made our big signings that we weren't bringing Decker back, even at a modest price. I think he knew that too. With only 10 mil left in cap room, did anyone really think we would use 7 of that to bring back Decker?

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Damn... My money was still on Dallas, especially after they cut Austin and replaced Ware with Mincey. Oh, well. I wish him luck unless against us, but I knew this was inevitable - the Broncos have the one receiver they can not move forward without in Demaryius Thomas. Elway said yesterday that the Broncos were not done in free agency in a round about way, Denver will still add. Depending on who those last pieces are through free agency, the Broncos might be looking at the heaviest offensive draft we've seen under Elway.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Lancane View Post
    Damn... My money was still on Dallas, especially after they cut Austin and replaced Ware with Mincey. Oh, well. I wish him luck unless against us, but I knew this was inevitable - the Broncos have the one receiver they can not move forward without in Demaryius Thomas. Elway said yesterday that the Broncos were not done in free agency in a round about way, Denver will still add. Depending on who those last pieces are through free agency, the Broncos might be looking at the heaviest offensive draft we've seen under Elway.
    We still need a few pieces on defense and sorely need some depth.

17. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

This Decker signing had to be all about money. Why on Earth would the top available receiver choose to play for the Jets? In 2 years we'll be checking the Jets roster to see if Decker is still on it.

19. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Mister Cobble

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    This Decker signing had to be all about money. Why on Earth would the top available receiver choose to play for the Jets? In 2 years we'll be checking the Jets roster to see if Decker is still on it.
    I'm not sure why this should surprise anyone. Usually for young players coming off their rookie deals, the next contract is EXCLUSIVELY about money since it will be their first, and possibly only, big payday. You don't typically see players sacrifice money for winning until they get later into their careers and are more financially stable and desperate for a ring. Anyone who expected Decker to even entertain the notion of staying with Denver for a lesser price was being incredibly naive IMO.

21. The Following 3 Users High Fived BroncoWave For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoWave View Post
    I'm not sure why this should surprise anyone. Usually for young players coming off their rookie deals, the next contract is EXCLUSIVELY about money since it will be their first, and possibly only, big payday. You don't typically see players sacrifice money for winning until they get later into their careers and are more financially stable and desperate for a ring. Anyone who expected Decker to even entertain the notion of staying with Denver for a lesser price was being incredibly naive IMO.
    I wasnt suggesting staying in Denver, but surely he could have found a solid deal with a team much closer to contending

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information