Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Brandon Lafell

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    I think he'll get a decent deal from Baltimore or Tampa. Someone will pay him
    you really think he'll get more than 3-4 per at 35 years old? i suppose i can see tampa, just because they're a crap organization that mostly just circles the toilet drain. . . if baltimore wants to pay him that much, fine with me-- it's less in the kitty to offer darryl smith. . . i really think this off-season plays in our favor, though. . . there are just so many wideouts available, and a lot of the teams with more pressing needs have already made their move. . . there are still a number of good players available-- hakeem nicks, edleman, james jones, emmanuel sanders, mario manningham, lafell, lance moore, etc. . . and it's billed as a really deep draft for wideouts. . . i'm not so sure smitty gets a big deal under these circumstances, although it does only take one team to make a desperation move. . .

ah well, we should know soon enough. . . if we don't get smith, there are certainly plenty of other options available. . . really would love to see the dude here, though. . .

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    you really think he'll get more than 3-4 per at 35 years old? i suppose i can see tampa, just because they're a crap organization that mostly just circles the toilet drain. . . if baltimore wants to pay him that much, fine with me-- it's less in the kitty to offer darryl smith. . . i really think this off-season plays in our favor, though. . . there are just so many wideouts available, and a lot of the teams with more pressing needs have already made their move. . . there are still a number of good players available-- hakeem nicks, edleman, james jones, emmanuel sanders, mario manningham, lafell, lance moore, etc. . . and it's billed as a really deep draft for wideouts. . . i'm not so sure smitty gets a big deal under these circumstances, although it does only take one team to make a desperation move. . .

ah well, we should know soon enough. . .
    Boldin gets 8 from SF and that's what Smith is comparing his value to.

I think Nicks is all but gone to Carolina. They want him and he's from Charlotte, so I think that will be a done deal pretty soon.

Sounds like Edelman wont get put of Cleveland without a deal.

As for the rest of the list...Smith probably has more short term value than all of them.

3. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

yeah... could be cool. But man, Talib and Smith are two of the guys I have disliked the most in the NFL because of their shitty attitudes. It's going to be hard for me to not be overly critical of their play when I don't like them as people. Smith is a douche, but so is Talib for that matter.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:

ugh, i didn't realize boldin got eight. . . he is two years younger, and was significantly more productive las year. . . sounds like you may be right, though, smith could well get a solid deal. . . oh well, we'll see. . . if not him, we should still get some vet help. . . in our scheme, i'm fine with a lance moore or jericho cotchery type as a #3/4 to split snaps with caldwell and provide some depth. . .

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    ugh, i didn't realize boldin got eight. . . he is two years younger, and was significantly more productive las year. . . sounds like you may be right, though, smith could well get a solid deal. . . oh well, we'll see. . . if not him, we should still get some vet help. . . in our scheme, i'm fine with a lance moore or jericho cotchery type as a #3/4 to split snaps with caldwell and provide some depth. . .
    Miles Austin in a different environment? Jerome Simpson?

Adopted Bronco:
    Terrell Davis

Does Miles Austin still have hamstrings?

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by ForgettingBrandonMarshall View Post
    Does Miles Austin still have hamstrings?
    Probably not, but I was thinking it would be a very low risk option on a cheap deal. If he's healthy, he can be productive.

Just throwing things against the wall

Adopted Bronco:
    Terrell Davis

Probably not, but I was thinking it would be a very low risk option on a cheap deal. If he's healthy, he can be productive.

Just throwing things against the wall
    I think the draft is going to be our best bet, but that means less time for Manning to get his reps with a new WR

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by ForgettingBrandonMarshall View Post
    I think the draft is going to be our best bet, but that means less time for Manning to get his reps with a new WR
    Rookie WR's are always risky to rely on, too.

Adopted Bronco:
    GENERAL GEORGE PATON

Theres a reason both Pats and Broncs are looking at him.......
    Last edited by WARHORSE; 03-13-2014 at 02:13 PM.
    IN PATON I TRUST.

12. The Following User High Fived WARHORSE For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Terrell Davis

If Carolina doesn't get Nicks, then I don't see them letting Lafell get away.

Adopted Bronco:
    Justin Simmons

I'd like to see more speed at the Z but that's just me.

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Jsteve01 View Post
    I'd like to see more speed at the Z but that's just me.

Bubba

16. The Following 3 Users High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Demaryius Thomas

Quote Originally Posted by WTE View Post
    Word is BB gave LaFell a pen to sign the contract but Brandon dropped it.
    Then he's a perfect fit for the Patriots.

Adopted Bronco:

simpson, sure. . . i'm not the biggest fan of adding guys like austin, who are hurt every single year. . . there's a right circumstance for everyone, but i just feel like this team has already reached its quota of gimpy guys. . . i really wish we could bring in a bigger guy for this spot, to give us some size behind DT-- not really how the market's shaping up, though, unless we do happen to sign lafell. . . and i suppose it does matter less with manning, who's thrown to smaller receivers his whole career. . .

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information