Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Who's playing Titanfall?

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    I think our EBGames was bought out by GameStop here in the states. I miss going to BuyBack games back in the 80's and 90's. They weren't quite as bad as Gamestop when it came to trade in values.
    Not being a gamer, but being the mom to a couple of them....I effing hate Game Stop, BuyBack and all the other jerkoffs. Pay $60 for a game, they beat it and take it in a week later and they'll give them $15 for it, while all the used games are on the shelf at $55. I told them when they were younger...you want to go to that store, you better do it on your own because if I go in there, I am going to cause a scene.
    Amazon has become my defacto source.

They do have advantages tho, beat the game and return it, or if u didn't like it.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

2. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Amazon has become my defacto source.

They do have advantages tho, beat the game and return it, or if u didn't like it.
    My boys had that ish down. Play for 6.5 days and return. The trouble brewed when they really liked a game and it took them a bit longer to beat it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

And you all wonder why games are $60.00.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Actually, no. The price of games started skyrocketing long before the used game trend. Some NES & SMS games were sold at near $70 back then.

When I started gaming you can get a few at flea markets or yard sales, it was nowhere near mainstream in the 80s.

By the time the 90s rolled around, that's when used games became a larger market, at least here in NY anyway.

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Actually, no. The price of games started skyrocketing long before the used game trend. Some NES & SMS games were sold at near $70 back then.

When I started gaming you can get a few at flea markets or yard sales, it was nowhere near mainstream in the 80s.

By the time the 90s rolled around, that's when used games became a larger market, at least here in NY anyway.
    I was just going to point that out. I remember paying $70 for Final Fantasy III on the SNES and well over $60 for Street Fighter II. I've been buying great Wii U games for under $20 like Mass Effect 3 and Assassins Creed IV on Amazon and Ebay, so I won't complain about the cost of games! Hell, I got Skyrim and every expansion pack on Steam during their holiday sale for 19.99. That was a steal. Cartridges were expensive to produce back in the day and really drove up costs.

Quote Originally Posted by GEM View Post
    Not being a gamer, but being the mom to a couple of them....I effing hate Game Stop, BuyBack and all the other jerkoffs. Pay $60 for a game, they beat it and take it in a week later and they'll give them $15 for it, while all the used games are on the shelf at $55. I told them when they were younger...you want to go to that store, you better do it on your own because if I go in there, I am going to cause a scene.
    I have roughly 80 games for my 360 that I refeused to sell or trade just for the principal of the matter. Eff those guys making 40 bucks off of my previous purchases. I'd rather the games sit in my closet and collect dust. Either that or I'll give those games to a kid less fortunate than me.

When I moved down to Mexico I gave my old original xbox and a play station 2 and all of the games for both to a kid that lived on my street instead of selling them to those greedy SOBs at gamestop in Charlotte.

8. The Following 2 Users High Fived Slick For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

I paid $80 for Phantasy Star for the SMS back in like 88 lol

10. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by BroncoJoe View Post
    And you all wonder why games are $60.00.
    Games have cost that much for much longer than the used game stores have been in existence. They cost that much because they know people will pay it.

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

The most I'll pay for a game is $15 anymore, on Steam. Usually I pay only 5-10, sometimes $2.50. If I had no constraints on time or money, though, I'd shell out for a platform and a good game.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

13. The Following User High Fived Hawgdriver For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Kendall Hinton!

Easy people. I forgot the /sarcasm button.

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

ill never use an xbox again after going through trying to cancel microsofts auto renewal. its a total scam, thousands of people with the same issue, its borderline on the AOL scam where they would do anything possible to keep you on auto renew. When you try to cancel on microsofts site, it gives you an error, wont let you deleted the credit card, or your account. Total scam. Never going back to xbox live.

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by ShaneFalco View Post
    ill never use an xbox again after going through trying to cancel microsofts auto renewal. its a total scam, thousands of people with the same issue, its borderline on the AOL scam where they would do anything possible to keep you on auto renew. When you try to cancel on microsofts site, it gives you an error, wont let you deleted the credit card, or your account. Total scam. Never going back to xbox live.
    Call 1-800-4MYXBOX. I have never had any issues with the staff. They're very helpful.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information