Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Who's playing Titanfall?

Adopted Bronco:
    DT

I want a One. Reviews I'm reading don't agree with the complainers.

2. The Following 3 Users High Fived Davii For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by MasterShake View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by MileHighCrew View Post
    Lots of people say the xbox one is shit, but I own one and can't understand why someone would say that. I can't say a single bad thing about it besides that selection of games so far and that is only going to get better. Maybe people are way more picky than me, but every time I play a game on it I am still impressed.
    I don't think its "shit", but the XBOX One and other consoles seem to be on their way out. It used to be a console was a dedicated system with exclusive games that didn't rely on hardware or software updates and could be viable for years (Think of everything up to the PS2 essentially). Now things like XBOX One and PS4 are just stripped down versions of gaming PCs with pay to play multiplayer and other drawbacks. I can play most of the newest gen "console" games on my PC with higher resolutions, frame rates, etc. and I can use whatever gaming peripheral I choose. Outside of exclusives like God of War or Halo, there is not much reason to buy a console when a PC does so much more and has half the issues. And you don't have to pay extra for multiplayer!

I think Xbox Ones and PS4 are fine for most gamers, but their limitations are big drawbacks for me.
    Most people will not hook their PCs up to a HDTV in the living room.

It's harder to play 1-1 in a game like Madden or Fight Night or any VS. game on a PC.

PS multiplayer is free.

The only people saying these things are PC snobs who have been saying that since the NES and SMS days.

Console gaming is going nowhere.

I'm the total opposite, to me PC gaming is just inconvenient. Sure, there's a host of titles I'd live to play (Red Orchestra 2), but like you said with God of War and Halo, there are some franchises you will miss.
    "I may not be a mathematician, but I can count to a million." - Shannon Sharpe

4. The Following User High Fived Shazam! For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Brandon McMustache

Quote Originally Posted by Shazam! View Post
    Most people will not hook their PCs up to a HDTV in the living room.

It's harder to play 1-1 in a game like Madden or Fight Night or any VS. game on a PC.

PS multiplayer is free.

The only people saying these things are PC snobs who have been saying that since the NES and SMS days.

Console gaming is going nowhere.

I'm the total opposite, to me PC gaming is just inconvenient. Sure, there's a host of titles I'd live to play (Red Orchestra 2), but like you said with God of War and Halo, there are some franchises you will miss.
    And I do miss playing things like Halo. I guess it just comes down to gaming style and preferences. I like single player games, RPGs, etc. and I get the best bang for my buck with a PC in that regard. Online multiplayer is a blast, but to have any fun you need to dictate a LOT of time and practice to get good enough to hold your own let alone be any good and I just don't have that luxury at this point in my life. Consoles were a staple of my life up until about 5 years ago, but now the few precious games I do get to play are on my phone or computer. I did snatch Assassins Creed IV for the Wii U (my "son's" console) and am having a blast with it, though.

As far as convenience, there is nothing like a good ol' console but I really do miss them being a bit more simple. I think Nintendo has a great model for the type of console games I like where you actually have to sit next to someone in the same room to play. Xbox and PS4 are all about online experiences, and the PC is good for massive online multiplayer games or deeper strategy/RPG games that I like.

I despise PC elitists, so I hope I didn't come across as one!

Actually.. PCs gaming is making a HUGE come back all due to the graphic qualities and online play. Consoles can't keep up with the PCs when it comes to graphics, and PCs are easily upgradable as time moves forward. I'm glad to see the come back of PC gaming. Things like the oculus rift (that facebook just bought for 2 BILLION) will change gaming altogether, and consoles just can't carry that kind of load.

Games like Star Citizen are going to change online gaming, altogether.

---------------

As far as Titanfall....epic fail, imo. If you can't come up with a game that can't carry more than 6 vs 6, then you are falling WAY behind. At least Battlefield 4 allows for 64 players on the PC...this game COULD have been EPIC if they allowed for the larger maps and combatants on the PC, instead, they took a really really lame stab at it.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:
    Javonte Williams

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    Actually.. PCs gaming is making a HUGE come back all due to the graphic qualities and online play. Consoles can't keep up with the PCs when it comes to graphics, and PCs are easily upgradable as time moves forward. I'm glad to see the come back of PC gaming. Things like the oculus rift (that facebook just bought for 2 BILLION) will change gaming altogether, and consoles just can't carry that kind of load.

---------------

As far as Titanfall....epic fail, imo. If you can't come up with a game that can't carry more than 6 vs 6, then you are falling WAY behind. At least Battlefield 4 allows for 64 players on the PC...this game COULD have been EPIC if they allowed for the larger maps and combatants on the PC, instead, they took a really really lame stab at it.
    Someone (Mastershake?) linked a "let's play" vid of an Oculus Rift horror title. Looks intense.
    Quote Originally Posted by Sting
    "You know cos I just lost my parents--both my parents died in the same year...to this day, people come up to me and say 'my dad died and that album really meant a lot to me,' which is very nourishing {pats heart} for a songwriter to hear that your songs have a utility beyond just their own solace, that it actually helps other people."

Adopted Bronco:
    Dangerous Freedom Lock

All i know is The Show is going to kickass on ps4.

9. The Following User High Fived ShaneFalco For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post

---------------

You probably never played it, let alone seen it other than a commercial. And your post reeks of elitist pc snob.

...and android and iOS is what is leading the way away from consoles not pc gaming

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

i really enjoy my xbox one, not a huge fan of titan fall. which is too bad I was looking forward to it
    Quote Originally Posted by Davii View Post
    I want a One. Reviews I'm reading don't agree with the complainers.

Thanks MasterShake!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

I appreciate your honesty. At least you didn't claim to like it then suddenly trash it like a complete phony.

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

I appreciate your honesty. At least you didn't claim to like it then suddenly trash it like a complete phony.
    Yes at first I was excited and enjoyed it, but I am a campaign player and I found the lack of traditional campaign really left a lot to be desired for me with the game. I wouldn't trash it, it was fun for what it was, just not for me.
    This is just a shift in opinion from 1st day having it to playing for a while.

Thanks MasterShake!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    VON

You probably never played it, let alone seen it other than a commercial. And your post reeks of elitist pc snob.

...and android and iOS is what is leading the way away from consoles not pc gaming
    that new box that hooks up to the tv that plays app games is interesting because my wife and kids would love it. here is a link to a story on it, shows the games that will be available at first
    http://technology.canoe.ca/Gaming/Ne...relaxnews.html

Thanks MasterShake!!!

Adopted Bronco:
    Drew Lock

Yes, I saw that too.

Pieces like the Ooya have started something, people don't wanna pay hundreds for a machine and $60 per game (which is a crap shoot too) when some quality experiences are available free, like Dead Effect, Dead Trigger, Rise to Glory, etc

My cousin pre-ordered Titanfall. It was $5 to do it. It says to take the car in and pay the remaining price of the game. They didn't give him the $5 off. Kinda dumb if you ax me. I'll ask him later how the game is.

Your posts just reek.

http://www.maximumpc.com/article/fea...aking_comeback

Star Citizen isn't out yet, so yes, I'm waiting on the 42 million dollar (and growing) project game to come out to play in 2015... so you got ONE thing right, I haven't played it yet

My posts are written from the perspective of liking PCs while owning consoles. YOU are the only one showing hate. The facts are the facts. PC gaming is making a HUGE comeback because of the incredible graphics, and the graphics is what sells gaming anymore. The Graphic card manufactures have all stated that the consoles just can't keep up with the graphics that PC makes (and they provide the cards for the consoles, as well) because the Consoles just don't have the power that the PCs have. It's why INvidia's president believes that PC games will outsell console games in 2014 and continue that trend.

http://www.examiner.com/article/nvid...th-pc-graphics

Just because you don't play PC, or can't afford one, doesn't make those of us that play on them "snobs"...but it does make us know the difference between gaming that YOU are obviously ignorant on.
    Last edited by Ravage!!!; 04-08-2014 at 11:12 AM.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Quote Originally Posted by dbfan2007 View Post
    My cousin pre-ordered Titanfall. It was $5 to do it. It says to take the car in and pay the remaining price of the game. They didn't give him the $5 off. Kinda dumb if you ax me. I'll ask him later how the game is.
    He do that at Gamestop? I onlly ask because I've done the $5 pre-order, but as long as they have your phone number, you get the $5 back off the purchase. He got ripped.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information