Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: Daryl Smith

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Ravage!!! View Post
    per wiki:

Philadelphia Eagles

Chaney was selected by the Philadelphia Eagles in the seventh round (220th overall) of the 2010 NFL Draft. He was signed to a four-year contract on June 4, 2010.[9] After starting middle linebacker Stewart Bradley suffered a disclocated elbow in the second quarter of a week 14 game against the Dallas Cowboys on December 12, Chaney filled in for him and led the team with seven tackles. Chaney is expected to start at middle linebacker for the remainder of the season while Bradley recovers.[10] Chaney made his first NFL start against the New York Giants, and he recorded 16 tackles, 12 of them being solo tackles. After his start, NFL analyst Brian Baldinger said Chaney was, "already one of the best middle linebackers in the league", and that he's "phenomenal in all phases of the game".[11] On August 25, 2013, Chaney was released by the Eagles.[12]
    Atlanta Falcons

He was signed on the Falcons roster on September 17, 2013, along with former Eagles teammate Omar Gaither. He was then released on October 22, 2013.

Something is weird here. What happened to where he dropped off the football radar and then couldn't even make the Falcon's roster?
    I have no clue. There were no significant injuries or off the field stuff. Just one of those scenarios where a player loses a job to someone based on their name...and is suddenly considered useless. I dont see him in practices, etc., but I dont understand how he fell off the map after having success on the field

2. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Touchdown Denver View Post
    Remember Ware was a good defensive end in the 4-3 because the Cowboys switched to a 3-4 defense. It was not like they switched formations because of him.
    And Denver wouldn't be switching formations because of him, either.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Adopted Bronco:
    I don't need to adopt, my son is a future Bronco ;)

https://twitter.com/AdamSchefter/sta...92543913238529

Ravens and LB Daryl Smith reached agreement on a four-year, $16.1 million deal, per sources.

I can't say I'm too surprised, but that is unfortunate. I think Elway sees MLB as a two down position anyway, so ... Spikes anyone?

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    I can't say I'm too surprised, but that is unfortunate. I think Elway sees MLB as a two down position anyway, so ... Spikes anyone?
    I wouldn't have minded but the Bills seem to have a lot of interest in him right now.

Adopted Bronco:

https://twitter.com/RapSheet/status/444464093634629632

As Brandon Spikes is still available… RT @buffalobills: Whaley: #Bills plan to move Kiko Alonso from MLB to OLB.

Adopted Bronco:

P.S. I don't twitter. I reddit.com/nfl.

Quote Originally Posted by artie_dale View Post
    I wouldn't have minded but the Bills seem to have a lot of interest in him right now.
    Hmm, I didn't know that. We need somebody there, preferably someone not in their late 30's.

Spikes is terrible at pass coverage. Great run stuffer, but considering how teams will be behind with our offense, that could mean that he's a 2 down MLB. I don't think the Broncos need another 2 down MLB that can't cover the pass.
    (the previous comment was not directed at any particular individual and was not intended to slander,disrespect or offend any reader of said statement)

Adopted Bronco:

I've decided...I'm rooting for Chaney

12. The Following User High Fived CoachChaz For This Post:

Missing out on Daryl Smith sucks, but I am not surprised. It looks like he will finish his career in Baltimore.

So now who is the best three-down Mike available?
    Bronco: The best horse in the NFL

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information