Page 1 of 53 1 2 3 11 51 ... LastLast

Thread: Broncos Free Agency Rumors and Signings

Default Broncos Free Agency Rumors and Signings

No signings allowed yet, but it looks like Elway and company are looking into safeties...

SS TJ Ward- He's a top 3 SS in the NFL. He's young and was drafted by the Broncos new front office man Tom Heckert.
    With due respect to Duke Ihenacho and Mike Adams, the Broncos are tired of mediocre play at safety and will reportedly get serious about that position in free agency. According to Mike Klis of the Denver Post, that will start with T.J. Ward:

The Broncos are going to attempt to upgrade the position. They are expected to pursue Cleveland strong safety T.J. Ward when the free-agent market opens Tuesday. They also have expressed interest in Detroit safety Louis Delmas, while the Pro Bowl likes of Jairus Byrd and Donte Whitner also are available.”
    http://fansided.com/2014/03/09/nfl-r...fety-position/

This one is from clueless Klis, so take it with a grain of salt. He and Lammey throw a bunch of crap against the wall every year to see what sticks. Every now and then they get one right, but it's more out of attrition than anything else.

2. The Following 2 Users High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

SS/FS Mike Mitchell- He moved to the starting FS position last season with the Panthers after playing SS in the beginning of his career. He played well last season and was a difference maker on a very good D.

One report from the Charlotte Observer says that the Broncos are one of a few teams to express interest in free agent safety Mike Mitchell, a former Raiders draft pick who broke out this past season with the Carolina Panthers.

Mitchell enjoyed, as I stated a breakout season this year with the Panthers, racking up 66 tackles, four interceptions, 3.5 sacks, and a pair of forced fumbles. Mitchell was drafted very high in 2009, shocking even guys like Mel Kiper Jr. at the time.
    http://predominantlyorange.com/2014/...ormer-panther/

This one has some merit to it. I've seen 3 or 4 different sources reporting that that Broncos contacted his agent.

4. The Following User High Fived Ziggy For This Post:

WR/KR Golden Tate

The Denver Broncos got their hats handed to them in the Super Bowl by the Seattle Seahawks and they may be dipping into the Seahawks pool of talent to fish out some help at wide receiver. While the Broncos had one of the best offenses in NFL history in 2013, they’re losing pieces to free agency and guys like Eric Decker are unlikely to return.

According to ESPN.com scribe Jeff Legwold, the Broncos could take a look at Golden Tate when free agency officially opens on Tuesday.
    http://fansided.com/2014/03/08/nfl-r...n-tate/#!y6nBB

This one looks like a stab in the dark, nothing more.

Adopted Bronco:
    Pat Bowlen

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    SS/FS Mike Mitchell- He moved to the starting FS position last season with the Panthers after playing SS in the beginning of his career. He played well last season and was a difference maker on a very good D.

http://predominantlyorange.com/2014/...ormer-panther/

This one has some merit to it. I've seen 3 or 4 different sources reporting that that Broncos contacted his agent.
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...teams/#respond

PFT saying five teams interested.
    *The statements above are my opinions, unless they are links, because then they are links, which wouldn't make them my opinions, and I suppose stats aren't necessarily opinion, but they are certainly presented to support an opinion. Proceed accordingly.

Quote Originally Posted by Buff View Post
    What is this, amateur hour? It's TNF against the Jets and you didn't think you'd need extra booze?

Quote Originally Posted by Ziggy View Post
    No signings allowed yet, but it looks like Elway and company are looking into safeties...

SS TJ Ward- He's a top 3 SS in the NFL. He's young and was drafted by the Broncos new front office man Tom Heckert.

http://fansided.com/2014/03/09/nfl-r...fety-position/

This one is from clueless Klis, so take it with a grain of salt. He and Lammey throw a bunch of crap against the wall every year to see what sticks. Every now and then they get one right, but it's more out of attrition than anything else.
    while getting a legit safety is good unless he can play center field better than the ones we have, please do not waste the money. use it on getting a great FS.

8. The Following User High Fived luckyseven For This Post:

If they're going to spend that much money on a safety I'd rather have Byrd.

Adopted Bronco:
    Baron Browning, Jaleel McLaughlin

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    If they're going to spend that much money on a safety I'd rather have Byrd.
    pass. . . i'm not sold that his foot won't continue to be a problem going forward, and he's been a distraction in buffalo, IMO. . . damn fine player, for sure, but i'd hate to see us spend the required coin on a guy that comes with a decent bit of risk. . .

mitchell is younger, can play either safety spot effectively (fast, 6' 210, and he can tackle), and he's played in 15 or 16 games four of his five seasons. . . and he's coming from a place where they established a winning culture based on their defense last year. . . he's our best fit, as far as i'm concerned. . . not that i'd cry about one of the other guys-- we definitely need some kind of upgrade there, and it's not my money. . .

Adopted Bronco:
    Mark 'Dirty' Sanchez

Wouldn't be surprised by Denver going after Golden Tate, I already mentioned that in another thread. He fits two needs, he could be a serious number two receiver and would replace what we lose in Holliday.

I like Ward, he's a hard hitter and solid tackler, but I would prefer Byrd or Mitchell.

I'd take Ward in a second. Tate would be a nice double threat, unless we get Sproles.

Jets released Cromatie. I hate him as a person but he was damn good last year. What does everyone else think?

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by VonDoom View Post
    I'd take Ward in a second. Tate would be a nice double threat, unless we get Sproles.

Jets released Cromatie. I hate him as a person but he was damn good last year. What does everyone else think?
    one cromartie is enough, man. . . anything more is just asking for trouble. . .

14. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Quote Originally Posted by dogfish View Post
    pass. . . i'm not sold that his foot won't continue to be a problem going forward, and he's been a distraction in buffalo, IMO. . . damn fine player, for sure, but i'd hate to see us spend the required coin on a guy that comes with a decent bit of risk. . .

mitchell is younger, can play either safety spot effectively (fast, 6' 210, and he can tackle), and he's played in 15 or 16 games four of his five seasons. . . and he's coming from a place where they established a winning culture based on their defense last year. . . he's our best fit, as far as i'm concerned. . . not that i'd cry about one of the other guys-- we definitely need some kind of upgrade there, and it's not my money. . .
    He made more plays on that foot last season than our safeties have in the last 5 years combined and He's been a distraction because he wanted was a long term deal.

Whatever babycakes.

Adopted Bronco:

Byrd is going to want 9-10 mil. Pass

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by Slick View Post
    He made more plays on that foot last season than our safeties have in the last 5 years combined and He's been a distraction because he wanted was a long term deal.

Whatever babycakes.
    don't you whatever me!

mitchell made as many plays or more last year. . .

18. The Following 2 Users High Fived dogfish For This Post:

Adopted Bronco:

Quote Originally Posted by CoachChaz View Post
    Byrd is going to want 9-10 mil. Pass
    and based on the grimes and shields signings, it's gonna cost us in the ten mil range to sign a number one corner. . . we're going to have some cap room, but not so much that i can see us sinking twenty mil on two players in the secondary. . . not with the manning and clady deals, and DT and von coming up. . . we can sign a safety for half that and still get a notable upgrade from what we're used to having there, as slick pointed out. . .

20. The Following User High Fived dogfish For This Post:

What's Ward going to get?

Doesn't really matter. I seriously doubt either one signs in Denver.

Go
Shop AFC Champions and Super Bowl gear at the official online Pro Shop of the Denver Broncos!

Thread Information